Unraid OS version 6.8.0-rc series has started

limetech

13 minutes ago, IGHOR said:

I tried it some time ago, many tries. I got never finished my Time Machine backup over SMB this way.

Well, will do it in other way.

IF you are having a problem, open up a new thread under the 'General Support' section.  While I do not use a MAC, there are other folks who do and between all of you , you should be able to come to a solution.  (If you want to read horror stories look at the threads from the poor WIN10 folks who are trying to navigate through the security related SBM configuration changes.  These all involve their WIN10 computers and not Unraid!) 

Edited by Frank1940
9 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

IF you are having a problem, open up a new thread under the 'General Support' section.

Thanks, but I don't think it is related to unRAID. I got the answer I asked about AFP, my mistake was that I googled AFC instead, so I found nothing.

5 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

@SpaceInvaderOne I was just trying to run a docker command using the old docker-shell script @ljm42 created and the video on it you did back in 2017 here getting Permission denied. im not sure if its the kernel update or docker revision but wondering if there is an updated script for this?

If your script is stored on your Flash drive or under /boot/ then you need to invoke it with "bash " first. This is covered in the release notes and threads for the 6.8 series. Or copy it to /tmp and then chmod 755 (to make it +x executable) then invoke it.

Edited by BRiT
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, BRiT said:

If your script is stored on your Flash drive or under /boot/ then you need to invoke it with "bash " first. This is covered in the release notes and threads for the 6.8 series. Or copy it to /tmp and then chmod 755 (to make it +x executable) then invoke it.

well hot damn thank you that worked guess i should pay more attention to release notes !

3 minutes ago, BRiT said:

If you added this via your GO file then change this to be this:

cp /boot/custom/docker-shell /usr/local/bin

cp /boot/custom/docker-shell /usr/local/bin

chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/docker-shell

everything but the chmod has been in my go file for 2 years since i built my first unraid server ill update it and run the command to avoid the need to reboot thanks

Installed RC3 today and now can't access and of my DUNE players via SMB.  Tried deleting and recreating the DUNE user and resetting permissions on the shares.  Also checked SMB settings. 

Reverted back to 6.6.7 and everything works fine again.

craigr

I suspect something in this area. But since you provided nothing (no Diagnostis attached), no one can help you.

WS-Discovery support - Finally you can get rid of SMBv1 and get reliable Windows network discovery.  This feature is configured on the Settings/SMB Settings page and enabled by default.

Also on same settings page is Enable NetBIOS setting.  This is enabled by default, however if you no longer have need for NetBIOS discovery you can turn it off.  When turned off, Samba is configured to accept only SMBv2 protocol and higher.

Added mDNS client support in Unraid OS.  This means, for example, from an Unraid OS terminal session to ping another Unraid OS server on your network you can use (e.g., 'tower'):

ping tower.local

instead of

ping tower

Note the latter will still work if you have NetBIOS enabled.

• limetech locked this topic
  • jonp unpinned this topic