newznab + unRAID integration?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh good..

i was trying to install it myself on my machine, but kept getting 404 errors after installing newznab.. only can access the main page of newznab.

probably doing something wrong lol

If you got there, then the webserver is installed which has been half my battle.  Go to (webserver address, assuming that you put the newznab files in the root web directory):

xx.xx.xx.xx:81/install

oh good..

i was trying to install it myself on my machine, but kept getting 404 errors after installing newznab.. only can access the main page of newznab.

If you got there, then the webserver is installed which has been half my battle.  Go to (webserver address, assuming that you put the newznab files in the root web directory):

I know. I did install it. It has the install lock and the main page works. 

Edit:

I think it has to do with rewrite rules though.

I didnt want to put newznab in the web root, so put it in a directory.. so when i go xx.xx.xx.xx:81/newznab/www/ , it works, when i click login, it tries to go to xx.xx.xx.xx:81/newznab/www/login, but with the rewrite rule, it should actually go to xx.xx.xx.xx:81/newznab/www/index.php.php?page=$1.

i dont know how to add rewriterule for Lighttpd.. so i should wait for the instruction lol

oh good..

I know. I did install it. It has the install lock and the main page works. 

Edit:

I think it has to do with rewrite rules though.

I didnt want to put newznab in the web root, so put it in a directory.. so when i go xx.xx.xx.xx:81/newznab/www/ , it works, when i click login, it tries to go to xx.xx.xx.xx:81/newznab/www/login, but with the rewrite rule, it should actually go to xx.xx.xx.xx:81/newznab/www/index.php.php?page=$1.

i dont know how to add rewriterule for Lighttpd.. so i should wait for the instruction lol

Sorry - I misread your post.  Great - think that should be easy.  From Influencer:

Go to /mnt/cache/server/misc/urlrewriting/ [or wherever you installed the files] and open up lighttpd.txt. Copy everything inside the file. Then navigate to /boot/config/plugins/simplefeatures and open up the lighttpd.cfg, paste the copied text to the end of this file and save. Restart the webserver if it is started at this point so it picks up the new rules.

Gingadaddy worked for me yesterday. Got the "seized" message mentioned above from their forums. Today got this off their main page:

GingaDADDY.com

started: 10:27 GMT.

This site has closed due to legal action.

There is nothing we can do and are very sorry!

All your personal details are 100% safe!

We are considering our options before we make any final desicions.

Watch this space!

Sorry - I misread your post.  Great - think that should be easy.  From Influencer:

Go to /mnt/cache/server/misc/urlrewriting/ [or wherever you installed the files] and open up lighttpd.txt. Copy everything inside the file. Then navigate to /boot/config/plugins/simplefeatures and open up the lighttpd.cfg, paste the copied text to the end of this file and save. Restart the webserver if it is started at this point so it picks up the new rules.

Ah ha!

Looks like i'll have to play around with the rule a bit though, but this seems promising.

Thanks!

Gingadaddy worked for me yesterday. Got the "seized" message mentioned above from their forums. Today got this off their main page:

GingaDADDY.com

started: 10:27 GMT.

This site has closed due to legal action.

There is nothing we can do and are very sorry!

All your personal details are 100% safe!

We are considering our options before we make any final desicions.

Watch this space!

Jeez did they take legal action against everyone at once? Or are the other sites closing because they are scared that they will be next?

nzbrus is back

but VIP only

and they want bitcoins now as payment :P

seems the mpaa went after the payment gates of these sites which would make it impossible for some sites to keep open if there is no money coming in :P

I did my first Bitcoin transaction today. Bought a Nzbs.org acct for .45 BTc.

I hope I get it.

Just succeeded in:

- Installing Simplefeatures webserver

- MySQL (thru unraid plugin)

- Newznab files

Installation procedure for newznab works, I have gotten as far as the point where I have to setup the admin user, whatever I fill in, this errors out, says it cannot load the step6 page..

Has anyone experienced this ?

Just succeeded in:

- Installing Simplefeatures webserver

- MySQL (thru unraid plugin)

- Newznab files

Installation procedure for newznab works, I have gotten as far as the point where I have to setup the admin user, whatever I fill in, this errors out, says it cannot load the step6 page..

Has anyone experienced this ?

Best guess is its related to URLrewrite.  Did you update your lightppd file with stuff for newznab?

Well, sofar I have not used any guides.. It appears it is rediculously simple but I am still in the process:

- install Simplefeatures webserver plugin

- install MySQL plugin

- get newznab from newznab.com (I payed, got a mail, had to download files using something called tortoiseSVN, placed them on my system

- and went to http://tower/install

That starts newznab's own installer stuff, when it is has ended it opens up an admin page that tells you what to do next... Am doing that now..

I'll be looking to build my own indexer sometime this week or over the weekend. I need to complete my server rewire, move my VMs to an SSD, likely try to setup NAS4Free as a second NAS storage, and then a VM with the indexer software. I have no idea how well this will work but if it can be done on my own then I might as well vs hopping from site to site while these bozos play whack a mole. I've found some posts on how to do the indexing and the software is dirt cheap - might as well give it a shot!

Well... it all seems to be working... I have added a few groups that I would think have stuff.. I have experienced with backfill from 1 to 100 days...

update_binaries looks like it is doing a lot of stuff, but update_releases finishes really quick (not in error) and tells me there are no releases..

Any bright ideas?

Starting release update process (2012-12-11 21:33:29)
Using latest regex revision 1742
Stage 1 : Applying regex to binaries
Stage 2 : Marking binaries where all parts are available
Stage 3 : Creating releases from complete binaries
Stage 4 : Finished creating 0 releases. Found 0 nfos
Stage 5 : Post processing started
PostPrc : Deleting 0 audio previews older than 60 days
TVRage  : Looking up 0 releases using local and web
Stage 6 : Aggregating Files
Stage 7 : Deleting unused binaries and parts
Done    : Added 0 releases

I'll be looking to build my own indexer sometime this week or over the weekend. I need to complete my server rewire, move my VMs to an SSD, likely try to setup NAS4Free as a second NAS storage, and then a VM with the indexer software. I have no idea how well this will work but if it can be done on my own then I might as well vs hopping from site to site while these bozos play whack a mole. I've found some posts on how to do the indexing and the software is dirt cheap - might as well give it a shot!

I've been using newznab and for the most part its worked. Backfilling the index takes a little while but its pretty quick at getting the new posts. Whilst the post categories are descriptive, you really have no idea which one the content you want will be in, so you have to index quite a lot of categories.

The problem I've run into is the way Sickbeard interacts with it. In SB you can specify your own indexer such as newznab, but when it tries to search newznab it doesn't get any results back even if the requested file does exist. I think its more to do with the built in search system in newznab than anything else. Hopefully I can get it sorted.

I've been using newznab and for the most part its worked. Backfilling the index takes a little while but its pretty quick at getting the new posts. Whilst the post categories are descriptive, you really have no idea which one the content you want will be in, so you have to index quite a lot of categories.

The problem I've run into is the way Sickbeard interacts with it. In SB you can specify your own indexer such as newznab, but when it tries to search newznab it doesn't get any results back even if the requested file does exist. I think its more to do with the built in search system in newznab than anything else. Hopefully I can get it sorted.

Definitely let us know if you get that fixed.

I'm playing around with newznab (created an ubuntu vm) and got the basics working.

Just need to figure out how to automatically run the update scripts and figure out other issues.

got some a.b.tv releases working...but not anything else from the other indexes

Definitely let us know if you get that fixed.

I'm playing around with newznab (created an ubuntu vm) and got the basics working.

Just need to figure out how to automatically run the update scripts and figure out other issues.

got some a.b.tv releases working...but not anything else from the other indexes

sounds like you've done the same as me. I think you need to set cron jobs for the update scripts, I've just done it manually so far.

What are your other issues?

Well, sofar I have not used any guides.. It appears it is rediculously simple but I am still in the process:

- install Simplefeatures webserver plugin

- install MySQL plugin

- get newznab from newznab.com (I payed, got a mail, had to download files using something called tortoiseSVN, placed them on my system

- and went to http://tower/install

That starts newznab's own installer stuff, when it is has ended it opens up an admin page that tells you what to do next... Am doing that now..

Okay cool.  I paid last night just haven't had time to go home and mess with the installer yet.  I know Influencer had mentioned he might write up some steps to do this, when he had time, so wasn't sure if that was what you were following.  Hopefully I can get this all running tonight and then start messing with the providers later in the week.

Well... it all seems to be working... I have added a few groups that I would think have stuff.. I have experienced with backfill from 1 to 100 days...

update_binaries looks like it is doing a lot of stuff, but update_releases finishes really quick (not in error) and tells me there are no releases..

Any bright ideas?

Starting release update process (2012-12-11 21:33:29)
Using latest regex revision 1742
Stage 1 : Applying regex to binaries
Stage 2 : Marking binaries where all parts are available
Stage 3 : Creating releases from complete binaries
Stage 4 : Finished creating 0 releases. Found 0 nfos
Stage 5 : Post processing started
PostPrc : Deleting 0 audio previews older than 60 days
TVRage  : Looking up 0 releases using local and web
Stage 6 : Aggregating Files
Stage 7 : Deleting unused binaries and parts
Done    : Added 0 releases

Did you go Plus or free version.  If you went plus did you add your ID to your site profile?  If so when you do update release it should download new regexs.  From what I have seen the regex is super important for releases to actually make it in.  Check your regex listings and you should have a ton in there. 

Also would encourage to start small on everything. Small amount of groups, small backfill.  Its easier to tweak everything as you go that way vs waiting for days and days to come down.  I am just doing 7 days just to get the hang of it.