newznab + unRAID integration?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got this going on a separate server yesterday running Ubuntu 12.04.  I definitely recommend the Plus version.

Works well, I just was not prepared for the amount of bandwidth that's going to be required for any kind of historic retention.  Still, it's terrific for fairly new releases.

It's more of a proof of concept now, its fully functional as it is but ill be adding functionality. For now you can copy your nnplus overtop of the installation the plugin creates.

Influencer: I installed all of it manually yesterday, is it possible to install your plugin ontop and keep my current configuration (no problem if I need to move around directories) ? 

Hey Influencer, any chance you could start a new thread with your plug-in so we can keep everything under one place?  I want to try and do this in a few days after you add more things to it and update it more but following 2 or 3 threads is getting a bit confusing.  I paid for the plus version but can't seem to download it, any idea?  The link in the email isn't doing anything.

All,

Sorry for the delay - as Influencer knows, I spent a good deal of time fighting with my setup to get newznab working (all due to being on non-current releases of UnRAID and SimpleFeatures).  Then I lost a HDD and was leaving my array carefully alone while it rebuilt the disk.

Once you're there, it really is a straightfoward process to get it installed and running - it seems that many of you have found this out already.

Is there anyone out there who would still like a detailed walkthrough of the process to get it working?  I'm happy to do so, but there may be sufficient info in this thread already to do the install.  Let me know your thoughts...

Hey Influencer, any chance you could start a new thread with your plug-in so we can keep everything under one place?  I want to try and do this in a few days after you add more things to it and update it more but following 2 or 3 threads is getting a bit confusing.  I paid for the plus version but can't seem to download it, any idea?  The link in the email isn't doing anything.

You need to get TortiseSVN (windows) and use that to open up the "folder" then drag/drop to where you want it copied

Haven't gotten past that myself...still fiddling with the "free" version to get familiar with it

thanks @ddeeds for the time u put into your posting!

I had the web server and mysql plugin up and running and thought I give influencers plg a try. but I constantly get web server and mysql not installed messages.

is there anything special I need to setup, too? path, passwords, ports?

BINGO!

You have to go to the NewzNab site and in the upper right hand corner go into the chat room. Once there, Private Message BB (he is in there quite often) and share your confirmation number and ask for the NZB website link.

Thank you for the write up ddeeds. Glad to hear i don't have to backfill all that.

Private messaged BB, got the link right away.. Now to test some more...

Please post the name and location of your web server and MySQL plugins. I plan on looking for the installation instead of the plugin, looking for the plugin worked flawlessly on my system but apparently not on others.

Yeah sure, well I'm using the simple features webserver plugin - simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

and the mysql5_20120805.plg and its data directory is /mnt/user/Apps/mysql