newznab + unRAID integration?

Thanks ddeeds for the write up and Influencer for your plugin work!

Everything looks good on my end minus automating "update_binaries.php" & "update_releases.php".  Previous posts mention Cron, cron_scripts, screen, etc.  My Newznab install does not include cron_scripts and I don't see the screen command available. 

Any other suggestions for automating the indexing? 

Thanks again!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks ddeeds for the write up and Influencer for your plugin work!

Everything looks good on my end minus automating "update_binaries.php" & "update_releases.php".  Previous posts mention Cron, cron_scripts, screen, etc.  My Newznab install does not include cron_scripts and I don't see the screen command available. 

Any other suggestions for automating the indexing? 

Thanks again!

Had the same problem.

I have no idea why but the newznab+ doesn't include cron_scripts folder in svn... lol

i just downloaded the free version from the website and just copied over the folder

in that folder, there should be newznab.sh. Edit the path to your updare_script folder.

Also, make sure to make it excutable

chmod +x ./newznab.sh

running

./newznab.sh start

should be enough to run update every 10 mins..

running

./newznab.sh start

should be enough to run update every 10 mins..

This will run the update_binaries & update_releases every 10 mins without need to setup a cron job?

Yep, you just need to change NEWZNAB_PATH in that file though. If you need to run it faster than every 10 mins, you can change NEWZNAB_SLEEP_TIME to less than 600. That's in seconds.

If you open up newznab.sh file, you will see what's going on.

It just uses While loop to go on and on until it stops.

This can probably be added to go file to run it everytime it boots, but i wonder what would be the best way to stop it when the array stops..

but that newznab.sh file should be good to use for now.

Alright, made a couple changes to how I check for the webserver and mysql plug-ins.

Give it a try, Download here!

Make a few requests for what you'd like to see the plug-in do, I've got a few ideas myself...

Right now this is a way to let the installation go smoothly for less linux-savvy users. As long as the web server is installed and mysql is installed, the plug-in will do everything else short of scheduling the cron/running newznab.sh.

Sorry to release such a feature-lacking plug-in, I made it real quick last night so I could get it out for users to test(and rightfully so I see). This way I can make sure any bugs are squashed as far as the basic functions and can focus on adding features/functionality.

When you install newznab using the plug-in it will show "NOT CONFIGURED" first, and the link will point to the /install directory to start you with the guided installation. Once that is completed it will change to "RUNNING" and point to the base page.

I may add to the checks for the plug-ins and add buttons to pull down and install the webserver and mysql plug-ins, only issue with this is it would have to be updated with every update to the plug-ins.

Hope my question is not too out of topic.  ddeeds, you mentioned that you can get the 30+ GB worth of NZBs from newznab, and keep them as reference to find old movies that you suddenly want to download.  My question is, with DMCA taking down new releases in a matter of hours, how does this affect files referenced by NZBs?  Is it affected?  What does DMCA take down specifically?  The header?  Are the actual files being deleted?  Will NZBs still work without headers?

Had the same problem.

I have no idea why but the newznab+ doesn't include cron_scripts folder in svn... lol

i just downloaded the free version from the website and just copied over the folder

in that folder, there should be newznab.sh. Edit the path to your updare_script folder.

The Plus version has a nix_scripts (or something like that ) folder instead of the cron_scripts.

It uses daemons instead of cron.

Cant configure Newznab. Installed, left all setting at default. Restarted webserver.

Setting page on Newznab shows Status:  NOT CONFIGURED.

I get 404 Not Found when I click on it. http://tower:81/install

. I had a manual install running. I deleted the fies from the server and started iwth a backup of my flash, did a fresh install of Mysql and SimpleFeatures Webserver.

What does your lighttpd.cfg look like? Located in /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/

What does your lighttpd.cfg look like? Located in /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/

# User customizations

# Add your own settings here. These won't get overwritten upon reboot

#

url.rewrite-once = (

"^/.*\.(css|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|js|ico)" => "/tmp/checkconfig",

"^/(admin|install).*$" => "/tmp/checkconfig",

"^/([^/\.]+)/?(?:\?(.*))$" => "index.php?page=&",

"^/([^/\.]+)/?$" => "index.php?page=",

"^/([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/?(?:\?(.*))$" => "index.php?page=&id=&",

"^/([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/?$" => "index.php?page=&id=",

"^/([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/?$" => "index.php?page=&id=&subpage=" )

Had the same problem.

The Plus version has a nix_scripts (or something like that ) folder instead of the cron_scripts.

It uses daemons instead of cron.

Ah ha! that explains it lol

but then cron_scripts isnt really using a cron either...

i guess the one in nix_scripts does some extra things..

Installed the donate nnplus version

All was ok no errors

I did a binaries_update and it hauled down the headers etc from the 2 groups i selected.

When i run the update_releases.php  i get

<li class="menu_main">

<h2>Menu</h2>

<ul>

then it terminates?

I also noticed when i go to the home page all i get is the word  .MENU

If i install the classic, everything works fine.

Stumped....

I have re installed several times and each time classic works with no issues

i download the latest branch svn for the nnplus and installed it several times as well and always get the error indicate above.

Almost seems like my php is not right

Any ideas what is going on? Solution?

thanks

Joe

looks like gingadaddy has disabled registration. - another one bites the dust.

They went to invite only. You'll probably see other sites go to the same system to 1. Try to stop unwanted people from joining and 2. To decrease the amount of traffic coming in. Remember, all the 'matrix refugees are looking for a new home.

I think they are the same, just the directory was renamed between releases. The free version is an older version. Checking both the nix_scripts and cron_scripts directories and both have the same files with the same contents.

They're similar.. but different.

newznab.sh in crons_scripts only runs "update_binaries.php" and "update_releases.php".

newznab.sh in nix_scripts run "update_predb.php", "optimise_db.php", "update_tvschedule.php", and "update_theaters.php".. addition to those two php's above.

no idea what these 4 extra php's do but i guess it could be helpful

also, newznab.sh crons_scripts runs correctly on unraid, but the one in nix_scripts seems to need some editing before it can run..

Ahh, ok, I skimmed the beginning and they looked the same so I assumed, :P

The predb is what ddeeds was talking about earlier, the "packaged nzb's" basically, without looking I'd guess it updates that database. Optimise_db does just that, it optimises the mysql database for you(instead of doing it manually), same goes for update_tvschedule and theaters. Just extra little features.

Installed the donate nnplus version

All was ok no errors

I did a binaries_update and it hauled down the headers etc from the 2 groups i selected.

When i run the update_releases.php  i get

<li class="menu_main">

<h2>Menu</h2>

<ul>

then it terminates?

I also noticed when i go to the home page all i get is the word  .MENU

If i install the classic, everything works fine.

Stumped....

I have re installed several times and each time classic works with no issues

i download the latest branch svn for the nnplus and installed it several times as well and always get the error indicate above.

Almost seems like my php is not right

Any ideas what is going on? Solution?

thanks

Joe

Enable php error log in the simpleFeatures web server settings, try to run it a few times and try to go to the home page a few times and then look at the log. Post the output if necessary....I think its a php error of some sort.

Influencer,

here is the php error log

/mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/templates_c/bb261aab40fa77b239a0556ab7fbad1f513ded80.file.mainmenu.tpl.php(31): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->__call('getRenderedTemp...', Array)

#1 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/templates_c/bb261aab40fa77b239a0556ab7fbad1f513ded80.file.mainmenu.tpl.php(31): Smarty_Internal_Template->getRenderedTemplate()

#2 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(161): include('/mnt/cache/wwwd...')

#3 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/page.php(34): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('mainmenu.tpl')

#4 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/index.php(15): Page->Page()

#5 {main}

thrown in /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 798

[13-Dec-2012 02:43:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'property 'rendered_template' does not exist.' in /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:798

Stack trace:

#0 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/templates_c/bb261aab40fa77b239a0556ab7fbad1f513ded80.file.mainmenu.tpl.php(31): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->__call('getRenderedTemp...', Array)

#1 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/templates_c/bb261aab40fa77b239a0556ab7fbad1f513ded80.file.mainmenu.tpl.php(31): Smarty_Internal_Template->getRenderedTemplate()

#2 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(161): include('/mnt/cache/wwwd...')

#3 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/page.php(34): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('mainmenu.tpl')

#4 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/releases.php(1463): Page->Page()

#5 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/misc/update_scripts/update_releases.php(9): Releases->processReleases()

#6 {main}

thrown in /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 798

[13-Dec-2012 02:43:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'property 'rendered_template' does not exist.' in /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:798

Stack trace:

#0 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/smarty/templates_c/bb261aab40fa77b239a0556ab7fbad1f513ded80.file.mainmenu.tpl.php(31): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->__call('getRenderedTemp...', Array)

#4 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/www/lib/releases.php(1463): Page->Page()

#5 /mnt/cache/wwwdocs/nzb/misc/update_scripts/update_releases.php(9): Releases->processReleases()

#6 {main}

Alright, another update to the plug-in. Along with checking for the web-server plug-in and mysql plug-in, if they are not found a install button will appear. Just click and the plug-in will be downloaded and installed.

Also, I've opened a new thread to keep better track of things, this thread is really active right now and its easy for me to lose a post.

Check it out HERE!