newznab + unRAID integration?

SxHVz.png

Here is the group screen after I ran update binary / release. it wasn't newznab.sh, i ran the php file.

So, i guess it's accurate to say, it shows last time updated if the group actually has new binaries. (sorry 33weeks was last post lol)

cause as you can see, some show few seconds ago, but still some says 13 hours ago

so then my question is.. do you have multiple groups activated? which one do you expect to see the update?

--

Edit:

Actually, misunderstood your post a bit.

if you think there's a problem with the update script though, that newznab_screen.sh is probably better way to see what's going on.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have NewzNab running and use ./newznab.sh start to run every 10 min.  My question is around mysql.  On the admin home page I see a few errors listed around the my.conf file.  It says it is stored in the /etc folder. Sadly I am a noob with Linux and not sure where this folder is located.

BTW this thread has been a great help.  Thank you for everyone suggestions.

I found a comment in another thread where you copy the /etc/my.cnf file to /boot/config/plugins/mysql  then edit the file there.  The file my.cnf then gets copied to /etc folder on start.

Here is the group screen after I ran update binary / release. it wasn't newznab.sh, i ran the php file.

So, i guess it's accurate to say, it shows last time updated if the group actually has new binaries. (sorry 33weeks was last post lol)

cause as you can see, some show few seconds ago, but still some says 13 hours ago

so then my question is.. do you have multiple groups activated? which one do you expect to see the update?

--

Edit:

Actually, misunderstood your post a bit.

if you think there's a problem with the update script though, that newznab_screen.sh is probably better way to see what's going on.

Yes - have 8 groups activated.  They're generally all very active groups so would expect to see updates across the board.

I have another question around the cron and nix scripts.

I have use ./newznab.sh start in the cron_scripts folder.  The group list (active only) displays the groups and the last time it updated.  Looks fine, but I don't seem to get a lot of releases even with 50 day backfill.

Do I run the newznab.sh in the "cron_scripts" folder or the nix folder?  And how do I run it?

Thanks for your help

I have another question around the cron and nix scripts.

I have use ./newznab.sh start in the cron_scripts folder.  The group list (active only) displays the groups and the last time it updated.  Looks fine, but I don't seem to get a lot of releases even with 50 day backfill.

Do I run the newznab.sh in the "cron_scripts" folder or the nix folder?  And how do I run it?

Thanks for your help

Even if you said 50 day back fill, it won't backfill automatically.

there is another script for backfill.

i think it's backfill.php? should in the update_script folder

update_release only gets new one since you updated .

50 days for multiple group may take a long time. if you're planning on running backfill.php, i recommend not running newznab.sh, but just run backfill.php

according to their document, backfill.php should be similar to update_binary.php. so after it's done runnign backfill.php, make sure to run update_release.php

also, please look at this link for disabling mysql binary log:

http://systembash.com/content/mysql-binary-log-file-size-huge/

if you don't comment out "log-bin=mysql-bin" line in my.cnf, it will generate huge files in your mysql data folder.

for me, when i had 30 days back fill for one group, these bin files took up 2 - 3 GB.

disabling this will help you save some space

Ddeeds, you said

4. Activate and use the Blacklist filter that comes with the paid version of NewzNab. That way, NewzNab will ignore "headers" with stuff that contains german, danish, dutch, pal, french, japan, swedish, deutsch, nl, etc. Note: The default filter is good but I have added a few additional items to it if things slip through.

Can you explain this a little better? I see the section to add to the blacklist but it's not clear to me how best to set it up. I'm only interested in English language material FWIW.

Thanks, your posts have been very helpful on this subject! My system is running and I'm working on getting the NZBs from the chat :D Slowly but surely this is coming together very nicely.

Can you explain this a little better? I see the section to add to the blacklist but it's not clear to me how best to set it up. I'm only interested in English language material FWIW.

Go to the Blacklist page (/admin/binaryblacklist-list.php) and enable the following line (via the edit button):

aYj2F.png

If you don't have it entirely (not sure if this regex comes in the free newznab), then just create it via the "Add Blacklist" (/admin/binaryblacklist-edit.php?action=add), but in the "Group" field put alt.binaries.* instead of alt.b.*

I'm having trouble intergrating my newznab server with Couchpotato v2.  In Couchpotato under Newznab providers, I have my server named as tower:81 and I input my api key.  Couchpotato doesn't seem to connect and retrieve nzbs available on my server.  Anyone get this to work with Couchpotato?

As a follow-up, I can get couch potato to connect when using my url that I set up through DynDNS, though not using localhost.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I have it up and running, although it is very slow to add releases.  Could be my group settings with minimum number of files and size to make a release.

I have ./newznab.sh start running from my crono_settings folder. 

How to you stop newznab process?  kill - 9 and the pid?

Thanks for everyone's help.  I have it up and running, although it is very slow to add releases.  Could be my group settings with minimum number of files and size to make a release.

I have ./newznab.sh start running from my crono_settings folder. 

How to you stop newznab process?  kill - 9 and the pid?

Should just be able to go:

./newznab.sh stop

Hi Guys,

I've got my Newznab installation up and running. Here are the steps I followed:

• Install the mysql unraid plugin
  • Install the simple features web server plugin
  • After installation, you should have a /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/lighttpd.cfg file, open it in a text editor of your choice and add the following rewrite rules:

# newznab rewrite rules
url.rewrite-once = (
"^/.*\.(css|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|js|ico)" => "$0",
"^/(admin|install).*$" => "$0",
"^/([^/\.]+)/?(?:\?(.*))$" => "index.php?page=$1&$2",
"^/([^/\.]+)/?$" => "index.php?page=$1",
"^/([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/?(?:\?(.*))$" => "index.php?page=$1&id=$2&$3",
"^/([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/?$" => "index.php?page=$1&id=$2",
"^/([^/\.]+)/([^/]+)/([^/]+)/?$" => "index.php?page=$1&id=$2&subpage=$3"
)

• Download newznab (http://www.newznab.com/download.html) and unzip the contents to were you want your newznab web root (i.e. /mnt/cache/apps/webroot/newznab/)
  • Go to your Unraid Settings page and click Web Server. Enable, set the web root (i.e. /mnt/cache/apps/webroot/newznab/www) and port (i.e. 81) - click Apply
  • Now visit http://tower:81 and you should be able to configure newznab!

Let me know if you run into any issues.

james

Hey James, which mysql plugin did you use?  Coudl you possibly edit your post and add a link to the plugin?  Thanks.

Until we have a fully working plugin... Don't forget to update your NewzNab from time to time.

There were a couple of updates that came out today... One being backfill.

To update, go to where you installed NewzNab and type:

svn update

I'm getting this message:

$ sudo svn update

Skipped '.'

Is this ok?

PS: running a dedicated VM within ESXi

Go to the Blacklist page (/admin/binaryblacklist-list.php) and enable the following line (via the edit button):

aYj2F.png

If you don't have it entirely (not sure if this regex comes in the free newznab), then just create it via the "Add Blacklist" (/admin/binaryblacklist-edit.php?action=add), but in the "Group" field put alt.binaries.* instead of alt.b.*

A big help, thank you! I had missed this response earlier. When I'd been clicking in that area I was only getting the add dialog or I might have found this on my own - duh! Overall this system now hums along. :)

Had the same problem.

I have no idea why but the newznab+ doesn't include cron_scripts folder in svn... lol

i just downloaded the free version from the website and just copied over the folder

in that folder, there should be newznab.sh. Edit the path to your updare_script folder.

Also, make sure to make it excutable

chmod +x ./newznab.sh

running

./newznab.sh start

should be enough to run update every 10 mins..

Could you explain this further? I followed your instructions but newznab didn't automatically start on system reboot.

It worked only when running as root although I got an error. Please see below my output

ubuntu@hades:~$ ./newznab.sh start

-bash: ./newznab.sh: No such file or directory

ubuntu@hades:~$ sudo su

root@hades:/home/ubuntu# cd /etc/init.d

root@hades:/etc/init.d# ./newznab.sh start

Starting Newznab binaries update...root@hades:/etc/init.d#                                    [OK]

E: File read error

root@hades:/etc/init.d#

I am in the process of importing nzbs into my newznab. I tested by importing 25 nzbs and it seemed to work fine. I could see the releases imported correctly. Now I am inporting a large amount which will take several more hours. After I started the large import I went back and the previous test imported releases are gone and the 11 groups that I set done show on the admin settings.

The newznab_screen.php appears to be running without issue, and headers from the 11 groups I added are being scanned.

Is this normal behavior while importing?

Had the same problem.

I have no idea why but the newznab+ doesn't include cron_scripts folder in svn... lol

i just downloaded the free version from the website and just copied over the folder

in that folder, there should be newznab.sh. Edit the path to your updare_script folder.

Also, make sure to make it excutable

chmod +x ./newznab.sh

running

./newznab.sh start

should be enough to run update every 10 mins..

Could you explain this further? I followed your instructions but newznab didn't automatically start on system reboot.

It worked only when running as root although I got an error. Please see below my output

ubuntu@hades:~$ ./newznab.sh start

-bash: ./newznab.sh: No such file or directory

ubuntu@hades:~$ sudo su

root@hades:/home/ubuntu# cd /etc/init.d

root@hades:/etc/init.d# ./newznab.sh start

Starting Newznab binaries update...root@hades:/etc/init.d#                                    [OK]

root@hades:/etc/init.d#

First, where do you have ./newznzb.sh ? is it in /etc/init.d ?

Second, did you edit your newznab.sh file and change the path variable to the correct path (the location of update_script) ? this is required

Also, update_script folder needs to be under misc folder. and misc folder has to be at the same location of www folder.

If you open up newznab.sh, you will see that it tries to run update_binary and update_release.

When you look at those two php files, it actually tries to access a file in www folder by "../../www"

First, where do you have ./newznzb.sh ? is it in /etc/init.d ?

Yes, I have newznab.sh in /etc/inid.d

Second, did you edit your newznab.sh file and change the path variable to the correct path (the location of update_script) ? this is required

The path was also good. I forgot to change the sleep time and left it at 10 sec, but this shouldn't have stoped it

I finally got it working. This what I did:

cp /var/www/newznab/misc/update_scripts/nix_scripts/newznab.sh /etc/init.d
sudo mcedit /etc/init.d/newznab.sh

some people might prefer nado or vi, I like mcedit, it's quite user friendly.

In the file I changed this values

NN_PATH="/var/www/newznab/misc/update_scripts"

and

NN_SLEEP_TIME="600"

I'm just indexing 5 groups so far

I then made the file executable and install the init scripts

chmod +x /etc/init.d/newznab.sh
update-rc.d newznab.sh defaults

I rebooted the system, and there it is newznab running as a daemon, beautiful  :D

root      927  0.0  0.0  4400  464 ?        S    20:21  0:00 /bin/sh /etc/rc2.d/S20newznab.sh start

aYj2F.png

Here's my blacklist. Works rather well against junk.

Capture.PNG.428a56b9f88eb452f12353955d06a6d0.PNG

I activated the blacklist to not index foreign language films & added spanish to it. Just add a pipe "|" the symbol above your backslash key (typically found near the backspace key) & the word you want to add.

I also am only interested in TV shows & Movies. Most of my groups will specifically index just TV or just movies, but some also have Audio files or PC programs. Because of this, I added 2 new blacklists that seem to be working pretty well for me.

Attached is a screenshot of my blacklists, in case anyone is interested.

blacklist_nn.jpg.eba468c8b9c97733534c47dc419faabd.jpg

So I know it is probably somewhere in this thread but it is a lot of info to look through. What exactly is this... can iit be set up with sickbeard and sab the same way nzbmatrix was to automatically find movies, etc? Can you use it to search on your own for movies and tv shows? When looking it's website it says it is to host your own nzb senet community.

Sorry for noobness, but with nzbmatrix and others closing I need something! haha

Yes, its like your own personal nzbmatrix. Without being open to the internet for others to access, you don't have to worry about it being shutdown.

well where does it get the files from?

And is there a post number i should start from to find out more info and to get started? And do we need the newznab plus version

THanks