6.8rc1 Tunables

WizADSL

is there any guidance available for MD tunables on version 6.8rc1?  Does the size or number of discs or system memory affect what the best values would be?  In the presence of very high I/O I still have some performance issues and I would like to see if any of the parameters can be adjusted to mitigate that.

You can turn the help on, it gives an idea, but basically and as far as I understand they were introduced to fix the writes starving reads problem with v6.7, first one controls the max queue depth for each separate md device, from 1 to 100%, so with default value a single device can use 80% of the entire strip pool, if there's I/O on two devices at the same time each one can use 40%, and so on, should always be less than 100.

md_sync_limit limits the amount of the stripe pool parity sync/check is permitted to consume when there are active I/O streams on other md devices (if there is no other I/O parity sync/check is permitted to consume up to md_queue_limit), also expressed as a percentage from 0..100, suggestion from LT is to keep it low.

Edited by johnnie.black