VMs/Containers missing following xfs_repair

jmbrnt

After a migration to a new server, I had to run xfs_repair to see my shares which had disappeared.

Once I did that, the shares returned (hooray) - but all my Docker images and VMs have disappeared. I think this is due to them living on the cache drives (BTRFS).. But whatever the reason, I'm stuck and can't get my VMs etc to show up. Attached the diagnostics.

Thanks

unraid-2-diagnostics-20191015-1028.zip

14 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Both loop devices are mounting correctly but appear empty:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/loop2       20G   17M   20G   1% /var/lib/docker
/dev/loop3      1.0G   17M  905M   2% /etc/libvirt

Possibly another copy exists on the array.

Cool  - and thanks for the quick reply - but just to clarify - what am I looking for a duplicate copy of? I can see for example that there is a copy of docker.img on both the /mnt/cache and /mnt/user, but to be fair I am quite in the dark when it comes to the innards of Unraid :/

For example:

root@unraid-2:~# find /mnt -name docker.img
/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/user0/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/disk1/system/docker/docker.img

With this in mind I went to the Docker settings, changed the location of appdata and docker.img to the 'cache' variant, but no dice - still no containers showing up when re-enabling Docker.

Do I need to do some other reconfig?

Thanks again

1 hour ago, jmbrnt said:

IFor example:

root@unraid-2:~# find /mnt -name docker.img
/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/user0/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img
/mnt/disk1/system/docker/docker.img

With this in mind I went to the Docker settings, changed the location of appdata and docker.img to the 'cache' variant, but no dice - still no containers showing up when re-enabling Docker.

Do I need to do some other reconfig?

Thanks again

For this purpose ignore the /mnt/user* variants as they are just different views of the files on the physical disks being seen via the User Share layer in Unraid.  I think the 'cache' variant of the file takes precedence at the User Share level.   If /mnt/cache is not working then try the /mnt/disk1 path in case that is the one that contains your docker images.  

Edited by itimpi
35 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Correct, you need to point to /mnt/disk1, though it might be a good idea to then move them to cache.

OK - I thought they were on the cache... I'm still not sure why anything changed though, was all working before I fixed the xfs.

I'll give it a shot moving to /mnt/disk1 and see..

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

If it was disk1 that failed mount, and since they were set to use /mnt/user, new images would have been created, and after the fs on disk1 was fixed the ones on cache take precedence, so they remain the ones in use.

I just changed it to point at /mnt/disk1, and Docker is all go again.

Should I just wipe the cache out and re-add it, copy the stuff from /mnt/disk1 back to the cache? The logic here is I did set it to /mnt/cache and still didn't work.