Onboard Realtek Audio (ALC1220) not shown in UNRAID

Hey guys,

I'm a new user (just started Trial) and want to build a little Ryzen Server for Gaming and Document Management.

Here are a few Hardware Specs:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 with Dual ALC1220 Audio

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T)

GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 mini 6GB

Got 2 VMs up and running and GPU passed through to Windows 10 VM but the settings of the VM I cannot see the Realtek Onboard Audio, only HDMI Audio and AMD Matisse (from Ryzen CPU?).. Do I need to install Realtek drivers in UNRAID?

Thanks for your help!

Thought this would be an easy task but it seems like everybody is talking about GPU passthrough and using HDMI Audio :D Nevermind, I added a USB Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo) which does the job.. But anyway it would be nice to know how to get the Onboard Audio working..

Best Regards

Stefan

On 10/16/2019 at 11:57 AM, glockmane said:

Hey guys,

I'm a new user (just started Trial) and want to build a little Ryzen Server for Gaming and Document Management.

Here are a few Hardware Specs:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 with Dual ALC1220 Audio

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T)

GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 mini 6GB

Got 2 VMs up and running and GPU passed through to Windows 10 VM but the settings of the VM I cannot see the Realtek Onboard Audio, only HDMI Audio and AMD Matisse (from Ryzen CPU?).. Do I need to install Realtek drivers in UNRAID?

Thanks for your help!

No drivers to install in Unraid. Problem may have to do with it having dual alike audio onboard(first time seeing a board with dual audio onboard). Tools>System Devices what is iommu group(s) for the onboard audio?

• 11 months later...

So, almost a year later to this thread, I have noticed the same issue. I splashed out on a MSi Z490i and it has the same audio codec ALC1220.

Nothing shows up in the soundcard option or in the IOMMU groups. It's definitately enabled in the BIOS and Windows 10 sees it no problem.

How is this audio device being hidden from UNRAID, why can't lspci see the device? Anyone else care to try with their Z490 board and ALC1220 audio chip?

Edited by mikeyosm
22 hours ago, mikeyosm said:

So, almost a year later to this thread, I have noticed the same issue. I splashed out on a MSi Z490i and it has the same audio codec ALC1220.

Nothing shows up in the soundcard option or in the IOMMU groups. It's definitately enabled in the BIOS and Windows 10 sees it no problem.

How is this audio device being hidden from UNRAID, why can't lspci see the device? Anyone else care to try with their Z490 board and ALC1220 audio chip?

I have a Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme also with dual audio (at least one of them ALC1220), and to me they show up as USB-devices, see attached image.

USB-Audio.PNG