Cache Pool - Dev Designations Changed Can't Mount

Dr. Ew

This happened once before, and I had the capability to restore the cache from a very recent backup, which was faster than potential troubleshooting, so I am unsure of how to correct now. 

I have 3 HBA's in this particular server. One HBA failed. I replaced the HBA. Once booted again, with the replaced HBA, 4 disks #'s have been re-assigned, so the cache pool shows 4 drives in their correct slots, and 4 slots which have no device. I put the drives back in the correct corresponding order, and unraid informs me it will wipe my drives upon spinning up the array. 

How do I correct this now?

4 hours ago, Dr. Ew said:

I put the drives back in the correct corresponding order, and unraid informs me it will wipe my drives upon spinning up the array. 

How do I correct this now?

Stop the array, if Docker/VM services are using the cache pool disable them, unassign all cache devices, start array to make Unraid "forget" current cache config, stop array, reassign all cache devices, re-enable Docker/VMs if needed, start array.

Alternatively you can also do a new config and reassign all devices, then check parity is already valid before starting the array.