Cache drive keeps dying

Hi All,

Got a really strange issue. My SSD cache drive died a week ago (unmountable btrfs error). I replaced it with a different SSD and set the system up from new and a day later the same thing happens. I repeated this process a second time with yet another SSD and same thing again.

I decided to have a go at using a mechanical drive. It has stayed running but has generally been pretty unstable. I checked the logs today to find more btrfs errors.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this. I have attached a screenshot of the errors in the logs. I have rebooted it and im just waiting for it to start throwing the errors before I export the diagnstic info, which I will upload here too.

Thanks in advance

photo_2019-10-17_15-35-30.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20191017-0538.zip

Edited by Gracey400
Add zip file
On 10/17/2019 at 4:48 PM, johnnie.black said:

Oct 17 15:32:54 Tower kernel: BTRFS warning (device sdb1): csum failed root 5 ino 649 off 2789376 csum 0xfe6e22bf expected csum 0xfa6e22bf mirror 1

Checksum failed would point to a hardware problem, like bad RAM, you should run memtest.

We got a winner. RAM returned 6 errors in the first test alone. I didnt think of RAM as the system was brand new.

Thanks for your help