Split Level

I have a TV share with the exact same directory layout as the bottom example (in the image) I found on the forum. I set the Split Level to Top Two Directory Levels. I did this before adding any data into the share, right when I was first setting up UNRAID.

image.thumb.png.b95ac6bf6a47bf587f558da1a5b7df28.png

Just taken a look in the share, and can see that one episode is on a different disk.

image.png.2e04176fac1337754fe87808a990aef7.png

Just wondering whether I did something wrong as I'm not sure what happened.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Edited by Jakosaur
6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Split level is pretty much bulletproof if correctly configured, you can post the complete paths you're using together with a screenshot for that share, but either share is not correctly configured or that episode was written directly to the disk share.

TV Shows/The 100/Season 06/EpisodesAreHere

image.thumb.png.c5d3985da2f972b1e0b53638673eec9e.png

Just taken a look at another similar share (but used for Plex DVR) and same thing is happening. Same share settings and directory layout

Thanks

Edited by Jakosaur

Since split level takes precedence over allocation method, what happens when Disk 1 is (almost) full? Since you have Minimum free space set to zero, will the allocation ever move on to Disk 2 or will all subsequent writes fail due to lack of space? I don't use split levels myself and I tend to prefer the fill-up allocation method over high water.

15 hours ago, John_M said:

Since split level takes precedence over allocation method, what happens when Disk 1 is (almost) full? Since you have Minimum free space set to zero, will the allocation ever move on to Disk 2 or will all subsequent writes fail due to lack of space?

I don't actually know, and would like to know!

15 hours ago, John_M said:

Since you have Minimum free space set to zero, will the allocation ever move on to Disk 2 or will all subsequent writes fail due to lack of space?

Fail to write, even if minimum space was correctly set it would still fail to write because of ENOSPC.

Other possibility for what one episode going to disk2, disk1 being unmountable at some point in the past, any new writes for that share would go to the next disk.