Lost bonding driver and network after updating to 6.8rc3; maybe unrelated.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: resolved, network card in the bond has been reset to only eth0, rather than eth0, eth1

I can only assume the update to rc3 caused it..as I hadn't changed anything else.

Edited by local.bin
Resolved
28 minutes ago, Squid said:

Something went wrong with posting the diagnostics.  Can't download.  Post again.

I took it down as I found eth1 had dropped out of the bond.

I got access back to the gui and rebooted, but now again it is not getting an IP address, so i am checking again before I upload any further update.

Think I'm having the same issue, updated to the latest beta from 6.8.0-rc1 almost 17hrs back and had no issues after the initial reboot, tried rebooting the server few mins back and now can't back into the GUI, not getting a ping back, I can log into the terminal via ipmi but the IPv4 address has changed to 169.254.xxx.xx range, sounds like the exact issue described here.

Tried manually copying over the bz files from /boot/previous folder but it's still the same.

titan-diagnostics-20191019-0115.zip

Edited by eafx

Got back into the GUI by linking local addresses, disabled/enabled bonding and added eth0, eth1, eth2, eth3 back in, that seems to have done the trick.

Done couple of reboots since, also updated back to 6.8.0-rc3 & done 2 reboots post that and everything is still working fine.

Going to leave my logs up, hopefully you can find the root cause.

Lost completely all connection to the server twice already since 6.8rc3 upgrade yesterday. Can't even connect via SSH, I am forced to hard shutdown/restart Unraid. I wish I could help debug that by providing diagnostics, but can't as my server is headless. I had it running 6.7 stable previous to that for several months in a row without any problem. Going back to 6.7

Not sure what went wrong with 6.8 really. The loss of connection was complete, not only a web UI issue, but even at the router level, neither Unraid nor any of the dockers with their own IP showed up. Running on an old but reliable Core i7 2.8GHz and Assus Maximus Gene III (yes, that old!). Never had this "loss of IP connection" issue on any system before on it, including earlier Unraid version.

Edited by denishay
On 10/19/2019 at 2:05 AM, eafx said:

Any steps on how you managed to resolve this?

Not specifically, but I had to reset my passwords, as they are strong, then boot into gui mod with keyboard and mouse connected to unraid.

Then reconfigure the networking to how it was originally.

It took me a good few hours (one of those days!) to get myself back up and running, reconfigure password and be back where I was before.

I only upgraded to rc1 for the new login dialog, so a new postit on my monitor - don't upgrade unraid on this server :)