Unraid 6.7.2 VMs Running 100% CPU when idle need assistance

Hi There,

Looking for some assistance and advice. I've been using Unraid for almost 3 years now and had no issues with it. Untile recently been experiencing performance issues with my VMs. I have a Windows 10 VM setup. It has been running fine for some time (almost 3 years). The change I made to it is I've replaced one of the HDD in my array and since the replacement i've been experiencing issues with the VM's performance. At first I thought it might be aging hardware. my original Rig is a Core i7 4790k with 16GB Ram on Gigabyte z97x-SOC Force mobo. VMs are running on a Samsung 850 EVO SSD Cache Drive. So I migrated my entire build to new Hardware its now running on Ryzen AMD 3800x with 32 GB Ram on Gigabyte x570 gaming x. VMs and all cache data have been moved to a Samsung 970 EVO nvme cache drive. since the move the VMs are still experiencing the same performance issues. Please know that I run Dockers on both old and new setup they never had any issues. attached is my diagnostics file.

Unraid Build: 6.7.2

Computer:

Ryzen AMD 3800x

32 GB Ram

Gigabye x570 gaming x

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB nvme as cache drive

Array:

Parity: IronWolf 6TB

Drives (3): 2 Toshiba X300 5TB, Seagate 4TB

supergrid-diagnostics-20191018-1758.zip

Edited by mankey54
added unraid version per instructions

Thanks Dan for the follow-up. actually I think i found why im experiencing this issue. I built a new Win10 VM using ovmf (my past vms were seabios). Recreating my vms fixed my high cpu problems. I guess I have to really rebuild my vms when transitioning to new hardware. my original issue still not resolved but I've moved past it. as to the item you mention, with my new Win10 VM it did get updated to 1903 and I use RDP to connect to it. when I did this I see exactly that. Im gonna read through to see if it fixes the problem. Thanks again for the share.