NIC and switch compatibility

Nelson

I'm going to get a mikrotik switch and wondering what the compatibility is with a couple nics i was thinking of getting.

The specific switch I am getting is Mikrotik CRS305

I will use the rj45 port to connect to powerline.

I was originally thinking of  getting 2 of these, Aquantia 10g SFP+ Nic single port

with these cables, 1 meter SFP+ Cable , mikrotik and cisco compatible

but then I saw this used item, 2x Mellanox NIC,with cable.

Iheard there may some compatibility issues when using hardware from different companies.

Anyone know if there is any such incompatibilities with mikrotik and aquantia/mellanox? Which is one is better? or if anyone has any other suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

one of the nic will go into an unraid server, and the other into a windows 10 pc.

I use that quad port 10gb mikrotik switch with a Mellanox connectx2 and a solar flare dual port using dacs, and a 10GB copper transceiver from fs.com (generic), in which the copper runs through cat6a  to a 24 port gigabit/2port 10gbe switch using the same fs.com copper transceiver. I hit the speeds expected. 

buy the Mellanox on eBay and not amazon, should be cheaper.

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Anyone know if there is any such incompatibilities with mikrotik and aquantia/mellanox?

Many people use mellanox ( i.e. ConnectX2 or X3 ) without problem with Unraid, just take care you buy the one in ethernet mode not dual mode ( IB and Ethernet ).

For aquantia, Unraid also support but can't confirm the one which you mention, seldom people report use aquantia.

Edited by Benson
20 minutes ago, Benson said:

Many people use mellanox ( i.e. ConnectX2 or X3 ) without problem with Unraid, just take care you buy the one in ethernet mode not dual mode ( IB and Ethernet ).

For aquantia, Unraid also support but can't confirm the one which you mention, seldom people report use aquantia.

the cable i linked to, will it work with mikrotik and mellanox as well? ive heard some people say that sometimes, because cisco does cisco and and others do their own thing, that while it can physically connect, their software/programming? doesnt allow it. would that happen if i use the mellanox and mikrotik with the cisco/mikrotik compatible cable?