newer than 6.5.3 unreachable via network

_Shorty

When 6.6.0 came out I tried upgrading to it, only after doing so the machine became unreachable via the network.  Downgrading to 6.5.3 returned the machine to a usable state, and it has been running fine ever since.  It was suggested I may have a hardware problem, but given that it runs and has been running just fine with 6.5.3 (and also was running Windows just fine for years before finally being retired from main machine duty, at which point I tried it with unRAID) ever since downgrading from 6.6.0 over a year ago.  While a hardware issue is certainly not out of the question, given it seems to be functioning just fine on 6.5.3 it would seem there is something in 6.6.0+ that for whatever reason doesn't agree out of the box.  I just tried the 6.8.0 release candidate and found the same issue again.  Here are some diagnostics from 6.5.3 just now, and if need be I can move the box (it resides in a place where I cannot hook up a monitor, keyboard, or anything to it) and run the diagnostics from the 6.8.0 RC install.  My guess is I'll likely need to do that anyway to proceed with troubleshooting, but for now here are thetower-diagnostics-20191018-1745.zip 6.5.3 diagnostics.  I'll go shut down the box and move it to where I can otherwise access it locally, as after upgrading it will once again lose network access.  I'll post the diagnostics from the newer version in a few minutes.  Not sure if it will be, but perhaps it will be helpful to have the diags from both versions.

11 minutes ago, _Shorty said:

No ideas?

Just one.

Oct 18 18:13:13 Tower rc.inet1: ip link set bond0 down
Oct 18 18:13:13 Tower rc.inet1: ip link set bond0 mtu 9014
Oct 18 18:13:13 Tower kernel: eth0: mtu greater than device maximum

Try setting the MTU back to the default value of 1500 bytes. You'll need to do it on all your devices, or get a PCIe NIC that supports Jumbo frames.

Yeah, it's not letting me change it in the browser settings page, either.  Seems like that's the default and has worked fine with 6.5.3 all this time.  Where am I going to find that?  One of the rc files?  This is a screenshot of the settings page working as usual with 6.5.3 install that's been humming along fine since 6.5.3's release.  Something change with the ethernet driver after that point?

image.thumb.png.8557cc1401e245654462470fec90e422.png

Edited by _Shorty

Thanks for your time, guys.  ok, I was just wondering why it wasn't letting me change anything at all on that page, not just MTU.  I'll change that to 1500 and try upgrading again.  1500 or 1514?  I seem to recall 1500 being the norm.  I wonder why the newer version doesn't like the other setting that works ok in the older version.