** Hackintosh ** Tips to make a bare metal MacOS

On 10/20/2019 at 3:29 AM, tpruszin said:

Its somewhat possible depending what format you have the vDisk in but generally it ends up corrupted APFS can sometimes be funny but if you have success let us know

I'll just create a new Catalina VM with the right vdisk size and ditch my current Mojave VM, but thanks anyway.

On 10/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, 1812 said:

But regardless, you are correct and I've updated my original thread reflecting the change in macOS.

Yeah, that's alright. Good to see there is an other information update of Hackintosh VM😁

On 10/25/2019 at 11:02 PM, kvic said:

I just created an account to express my appreciation that someone finally figured out the 'Penryn legend' in the land of KVM hackintosh! I believe my VM is more functional that before. For example, FMA3 instructions are rightly recognised and used by applications.

Yeah it is truely a important notes I've found but rarely be heard in the internet. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Leoyzen said:

I've found another QEMU.

According to the source code of QEMU, "kvm=on" should be default set to "on" when using a X86 CPU Model, but it is not!

Libvirt can't set "kvm=on" at all, we must use "qemu custom args" to make it happen.

So

We don't need the "kvm=on" line for own newer CPUs? Is that what you are saying.? 🤔

Thank you for starting this thread @Leoyzen ! I've been doing research to determine whether there is performance difference running MacOS in a vm using vdisk or using the baremetal approach (dedicated disk) from spaceinvader video. Reading this thread and other threads, I did not find any info related to this, could you shed some light?

8 hours ago, david279 said:

So

We don't need the "kvm=on" line for own newer CPUs? Is that what you are saying.? 🤔

I'm trying to say, there should not using qemu custom args, we should just set the cpu info as windows or other vm by libvirt.But this bug let it not happend.The simpler the better,right?Everything that make hackintosh VM not like others may be a bug or compatibility problem, we should just pay attention to it.

7 hours ago, jamesy829 said:

I've been doing research to determine whether there is performance difference running MacOS in a vm using vdisk or using the baremetal approach (dedicated disk) from spaceinvader video

Yeah,obviously the performance will be dedicated disk(NVME/SSD) > raw format vdisk > qcow2 pre-allocated vdisk> qcow2 sparse vdisk. What ever which type you choose, there will be 3%~5% performance reduction compared to bare metal due to vfio.

I'm passing through my nvme as the hackintosh disk now.

Edited by Leoyzen
Yeah,obviously the performance will be dedicated disk(NVME/SSD) > raw format vdisk > qcow2 pre-allocated vdisk> qcow2 sparse vdisk. What ever which type you choose, there will be 3%~5% performance reduction compared to bare metal due to vfio.

Dont forget thats a (small) performance loss vs a huuuuuuuuge gain of flexibility and features. I host them now on ssds in a zfs pool using the great zfs plugin and make daily plus on demand snapshots plus remote send / recieve to second unraid for incremental backups from the vdisks. And clones for all kinds of test that use virtualy zero extra storage space. So with the flick of a finger i can get a broken vm back to working state. Its such a freedom to not worrie about braking your vm or clover partition with experimenting or upgrades.

You loose all this when passing the whole device to your vm.

So keep that in mind when planning your setup.

Btw its easy oneliner to convert between physical drive and virtual using the inbuild qemu commands . I started physical passthru and migrated all to virtual eventualy.

The lastest opencore release(0.5.2) works properly with virtualization(topology support and more accurate frequency reading from new cpuid leaf) and amd(you can just passthrough now with amd vanilla patches), can be downloaded from here now. 

Also the Lilu officially released too(1.3.9) which add QEMU support, finally we can use Lilu/WEG/AppleALC in Hackintosh VM now. Can be downloaded from here.

Recommand to update them all.

cheers!

Edited by Leoyzen
13 hours ago, Leoyzen said:

Thank you!! I think I'll try with raw format vdisk for now to compare with my close to maxed out cMP (Mac Pro 4,1) as it will mainly be used for software development and potentially a bit of photo/video editing.

The lastest opencore release(0.5.2) works properly with virtualization(topology support and more accurate frequency reading from new cpuid leaf) and amd(you can just passthrough now with amd vanilla patches), can be downloaded from here now. 

Also the Lilu officially released too(1.3.9) which add QEMU support, finally we can use Lilu/WEG/AppleALC in Hackintosh VM now. Can be downloaded from here.

Recommand to update them all.

cheers!

This sounds exciting! Not really sure how to apply any of this as I will try out the Spaceinvader One suggested approach to setup a hackintosh vm.

Do you know what I would need to do to apply the opencore and Lilu changes?

58 minutes ago, Leoyzen said:

@Young_Max You should use iMacPro1,1 as product model, and add Lilu/WEG to your clover/kexts/others to avoid blackscreen.

If you use Catalina, add AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext too.

Do not use imac18/19, because you don't have iGPU.

@LeoyzenOh, thanks, you are so cool.  Can I  copy clover.qcow2 EFI to OS EFI? And the launch logo is in the upper left, blurred screen.Can I solve these problems through kext files?

12 hours ago, Young_Max said:

@Leoyzen I  add the lasted Lilu/WEG to my clover/kexts/others ,it's fine. And I add AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext ,no problem. Then I use IMacPro1,1 as product model, boot failed and restart all the time

We can not give much help if you give nothing but only "it restarts all the time". You have to learn how to asking for help by giving meaningful feedback first.

1. Which version of Catalina do you use?10.15 or 10.15.1?
  2. Do you add "-v" and "debug=0x100" in your boot args?What is the output?
  3. Which version of Lilu/WEG do you use?
  4. What error is it?Screenshot is also fine.
  5. What is your xml like?
  6. What is your clover.qcow2 structuration?
20 hours ago, Young_Max said:

And the launch logo is in the upper left

You may try to do some research or reading by comments of the older installer guide, then you will find it is not a big problem by changing the resolution of clover and OVMF.Please search the keyword in Google to see how to do such thing.

We can not give much help if you give nothing but only "it restarts all the time". You have to learn how to asking for help by giving meaningful feedback first.

1. Which version of Catalina do you use?10.15 or 10.15.1?
  2. Do you add "-v" and "debug=0x100" in your boot args?What is the output?
  3. Which version of Lilu/WEG do you use?
  4. What error is it?Screenshot is also fine.
  5. What is your xml like?
  6. What is your clover.qcow2 structuration?

You may try to do some research or reading by comments of the older installer guide, then you will find it is not a big problem by changing the resolution of clover and OVMF.Please search the keyword in Google to see how to do such thing.

Sorry, I forgot to provide the information. It's my fault. And logo problem has been resolved. I‘m very sorry to disturb you.

MacOS:catalina10.15.1

Lilu:1.3.9 

WEG:1.3.4

AppleALC:1.4.3

“-v” and "debug = 0x100":

image.thumb.png.46f699baa4e7d9d03c9023140d06817c.png

clover.qcow2 structuration:

I add  AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext , it's useless. This is SpaceInvaderOne clover.qcow2, I only update AppleALC, Lilu and WEG. C lover.qcow2 root directory has EFI  folder and nvram.plist file.

├──BOOT

└── BOOTx64.efi 

├── Clover|

└── cloverx64.efi

└── config.plist

└── startup.nsh

└──  kexts 

└── Other 

└── AppleAlc.kext

└──  Lilu.kext 

└──  WhateverGreen.kext

└──  drivers64UEFI 

└──  themes

└──  tools

clover bootload

Snipaste_2019-11-07_11-34-43.png.cb8cc29a681319961fa04b0b98917e8c.png

then show this,catalina not happening,nothing to recover

Snipaste_2019-11-07_11-33-48.png.38c2294f3826736a264d2bed332dc0df.png

And then go back to clover interface, so repeatedly

Snipaste_2019-11-07_11-34-52.png.6d84d6c8052fc72cf352063c517cea1b.png

My xml:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='11' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Catalina</name>
  <uuid>767f3b01-df6f-de85-277a-82deb76002b0</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Linux" icon="linux.png" os="linux"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>4194304</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>4194304</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='1'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-3.1'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/mnt/user/domains/Catalina/ovmf/OVMF_CODE.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/mnt/user/domains/Catalina/ovmf/OVMF_VARS.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Catalina/Clover.qcow2'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacOS Catalina/macos_disk.img'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdd' bus='sata'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-3'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='3'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x11'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0x12'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:1f:9e:ee'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <model type='vmxnet3'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-11-Catalina/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='connected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-us'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <alias name='video0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <alias name='balloon0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='isa-applesmc,osk=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+aes,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>
27 minutes ago, Young_Max said:

I add  AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext , it's useless.

It's not useless, add it back.You don't have much knowledge whether the specific kext is work, so do it.

Add this patch in your clover and add '-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100' in your boot args and report the output back.Then screenshot you post is useless for debuging.

Comment    String  <-> Disable panic kext logging on 10.14.x,10.15.x Release kernel
Disabled   Boolean <->No
Find       Data<-> 8A0284C0 7447
MatchOS    String <-> 10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 8A0284C0 EB47

5 hours ago, Leoyzen said:

It's not useless, add it back.You don't have much knowledge whether the specific kext is work, so do it.

Add this patch in your clover and add '-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100' in your boot args and report the output back.Then screenshot you post is useless for debuging.

Comment    String  <-> Disable panic kext logging on 10.14.x,10.15.x Release kernel
Disabled   Boolean <->No
Find       Data<-> 8A0284C0 7447
MatchOS    String <-> 10.14.x,10.15.x
Replace    Data<-> 8A0284C0 EB47

Yes, I haven't used Hackintosh for a long time. I'm getting used to it. I add  AppleIntelMCEReporter.kext and patch. It seems that shutting down Lilu logging didn't work

Snipaste_2019-11-07_16-38-46.png

Snipaste_2019-11-07_17-22-25.png

image.png

On 10/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Leoyzen said:

5. USB

working on it now.

I just installed in my box the Inateck kt4006 card: it has 2 usb 3.0 ports (external) and one 19 pins connector for additional 2 ports (to connect for example 2 ports on the front panel of the case).

As supposed, it works out of the box in mac os, I tried with catalina 10.15.1 (19B88): it automatically loads the AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 driver, so no need to install any third party kext.

I have no problems and it has the RESET option.

Just modify the Syslinux Configuration (to append vfio-pci.ids) of Unraid OS and passthrough the pci device to the vm.

9 hours ago, ghost82 said:

I just installed in my box the Inateck kt4006 card: it has 2 usb 3.0 ports (external) and one 19 pins connector for additional 2 ports (to connect for example 2 ports on the front panel of the case).

As supposed, it works out of the box in mac os, I tried with catalina 10.15.1 (19B88): it automatically loads the AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 driver, so no need to install any third party kext.

I have no problems and it has the RESET option.

Just modify the Syslinux Configuration (to append vfio-pci.ids) of Unraid OS and passthrough the pci device to the vm.

There definately something should be done for proper functionality, otherwise you will get power issues(AppleBusPowerController).

I use USBPower.kext in Catalina to fix the usb power and error log issues.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Edited by Leoyzen
  • Like 1

Thanks @Leoyzen I will read and investigate: do you refer to fl1100 chipset/Inateck card or other chipsets/cards?

Apparently I have no problems even without the kext, my mobile charges if attached to usb, pendrive and external devices work; all seems pretty stable with no interruption and no errors in log related to usb.

I tried the new whatevergreen kext (v.1.3.5), not officially released yet: I'm not able to boot, here is the log.

From what I'm reading the new modification to "fix handling agdpmod" is causing problems.

EDIT: Fixed in WEG 1.3.5 + Lilu 1.4.0

panic(cpu 14 caller 0xffffff7f9d5da322): WhateverGreen:     weg @ adgpmod=cfgmap has no effect on 10.13.4, use agdpmod=ignore

Backtrace (CPU 14), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff83b13d3720 : 0xffffff801a339a3b 
0xffffff83b13d3770 : 0xffffff801a470fe5 
0xffffff83b13d37b0 : 0xffffff801a462a5e 
0xffffff83b13d3800 : 0xffffff801a2e0a40 
0xffffff83b13d3820 : 0xffffff801a339127 
0xffffff83b13d3920 : 0xffffff801a33950b 
0xffffff83b13d3970 : 0xffffff801aad17f9 
0xffffff83b13d39e0 : 0xffffff7f9d5da322 
0xffffff83b13d3ac0 : 0xffffff7f9d5d965a 
0xffffff83b13d3b90 : 0xffffff7f9d5db0f4 
0xffffff83b13d3be0 : 0xffffff7f9d5db0a5 
0xffffff83b13d3c20 : 0xffffff7f9d55ad36 
0xffffff83b13d3c80 : 0xffffff7f9d55b224 
0xffffff83b13d3cb0 : 0xffffff7f9d55b1b5 
0xffffff83b13d3cd0 : 0xffffff7f9d54d7db 
0xffffff83b13d3d30 : 0xffffff801a9b3b3c 
0xffffff83b13d3da0 : 0xffffff801a9c1ac9 
0xffffff83b13d3df0 : 0xffffff801aa37fce 
0xffffff83b13d3e40 : 0xffffff801aa19735 
0xffffff83b13d3ef0 : 0xffffff801aa1922e 
0xffffff83b13d3f50 : 0xffffff801aa1b9cd 
0xffffff83b13d3fa0 : 0xffffff801a2e013e 
      Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         as.vit9696.Lilu(1.3.9)[68B45477-7A34-3B5F-9D85-C3D9D92A7B8A]@0xffffff7f9d545000->0xffffff7f9d5befff
         as.vit9696.WhateverGreen(1.3.5)[77A9B060-B5D0-39AC-88F7-50984CB70366]@0xffffff7f9d5bf000->0xffffff7f9d640fff
            dependency: as.vit9696.Lilu(1.3.9)[68B45477-7A34-3B5F-9D85-C3D9D92A7B8A]@0xffffff7f9d545000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[AA7C7A4F-9F5D-3533-9E78-177C3B6A72BF]@0xffffff7f9ad2f000

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Mac OS version:
19B88

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 19.0.0: Thu Oct 17 16:17:15 PDT 2019; root:xnu-6153.41.3~29/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: 7103CD47-857F-341E-8741-52DB4299191F
Kernel slide:     0x000000001a000000
Kernel text base: 0xffffff801a200000
__HIB  text base: 0xffffff801a100000
System model name: iMacPro1,1 (Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94)
System shutdown begun: NO
Panic diags file available: YES (0x0)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 10865800969
last loaded kext at 10862738394: >!AGraphicsControl	4.5.9 (addr 0xffffff7f9bf4b000, size 12288)
loaded kexts:
com.objective-see.lulu	1.2.0
as.vit9696.!AALC	1.4.3
as.vit9696.WhateverGreen	1.3.5
as.vit9696.Lilu	1.3.9
>!AGraphicsDevicePolicy	4.5.9
@AGDCPluginDisplayMetrics	4.5.9
@GeForce	14.0.0
>!AUpstreamUserClient	3.6.8
>!AMCCSControl	1.13
>!AHV	1
|IOUserEthernet	1.0.1
>!AFIVRDriver	4.1.0
>ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin	1.0.0
@nvidia.NVDAStartup	14.0.0
>!A!IMCEReporter	115
|IO!BSerialManager	7.0.1f1
>pmtelemetry	1
@Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X	7.0.0
>!A16X50ACPI	3.2
>!A!ISlowAdaptiveClocking	4.0.0
>AudioAUUC	1.70
@filesystems.apfs	1412.41.1
|SCSITaskUserClient	422.0.2
>!AFileSystemDriver	3.0.1
>!A!I8254XEthernet	3.1.5
>!AAHCIPort	341.0.2
>!AVirtIO	1.0
@filesystems.hfs.kext	522.0.9
@!AFSCompression.!AFSCompressionTypeDataless	1.0.0d1
@BootCache	40
@!AFSCompression.!AFSCompressionTypeZlib	1.0.0
@private.KextAudit	1.0
>!AACPIButtons	6.1
>!ARTC	2.0
>!ASMBIOS	2.1
>!AAPIC	1.7
$!AImage4	1
@nke.applicationfirewall	303
$TMSafetyNet	8
@!ASystemPolicy	2.0.0
|EndpointSecurity	1
>!AGraphicsControl	4.5.9
|IOAccelerator!F2	438.2.7
>!ASMBus!C	1.0.18d1
|IOSMBus!F	1.1
@nvidia.driver.NVDAGK100Hal	14.0.0
|IOAVB!F	800.17
>!ASSE	1.0
@nvidia.driver.NVDAResman	14.0.0
>!ASMBusPCI	1.0.14d1
|IONDRVSupport	568
>IOPlatformPluginLegacy	1.0.0
>IOPlatformPlugin!F	6.0.0d8
>!AHDA!C	283.14
|IOHDA!F	283.14
|IO!B!F	7.0.1f1
|IO!BPacketLogger	7.0.1f1
@plugin.IOgPTPPlugin	810.1
|IOEthernetAVB!C	1.1.0
|IOSkywalk!F	1
>!A16X50Serial	3.2
@!AGPUWrangler	4.5.9
@!AGraphicsDeviceControl	4.5.9
|IOSlowAdaptiveClocking!F	1.0.0
|IOGraphics!F	568
|IOAHCIBlock!S	316.40.3
>!AXsanScheme	3
>usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice	1.2
>!UAudio	320.49
|IOAudio!F	300.2
@vecLib.kext	1.2.0
>usb.cdc	5.0.0
>usb.networking	5.0.0
>usb.!UHostCompositeDevice	1.2
>usb.!UXHCIPCI	1.2
>usb.!UXHCI	1.2
>usb.!UUHCIPCI	1.2
>usb.!UUHCI	1.2
|IOAHCI!F	290.0.1
>usb.!UEHCIPCI	1.2
>usb.!UEHCI	1.2
|IOSerial!F	11
@filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext	1
|IOSurface	269.6
>usb.!UHostPacketFilter	1.0
|IOUSB!F	900.4.2
>!AEFINVRAM	2.1
>!AEFIRuntime	2.1
|IOHID!F	2.0.0
$quarantine	4
$sandbox	300.0
@kext.!AMatch	1.0.0d1
>DiskImages	493.0.0
>!AFDEKeyStore	28.30
>!AEffaceable!S	1.0
>!AKeyStore	2
>!UTDM	489.41.1
|IOSCSIBlockCommandsDevice	422.0.2
>!ACredentialManager	1.0
>KernelRelayHost	1
>!ASEPManager	1.0.1
>IOSlaveProcessor	1
|IOUSBMass!SDriver	157.40.7
|IOSCSIArchitectureModel!F	422.0.2
|IO!S!F	2.1
|IOUSBHost!F	1.2
>!UHostMergeProperties	1.2
>usb.!UCommon	1.0
>!ABusPower!C	1.0
|CoreAnalytics!F	1
>!AMobileFileIntegrity	1.0.5
@kext.CoreTrust	1
|IOTimeSync!F	810.1
|IONetworking!F	3.4
|IOReport!F	47
>!AACPIPlatform	6.1
>!ASMC	3.1.9
>watchdog	1
|IOPCI!F	2.9
|IOACPI!F	1.4
@kec.pthread	1
@kec.Libm	1
@kec.corecrypto	1.0

So, take care and always backup before updating.

Edited by ghost82
7 hours ago, ghost82 said:

do you refer to fl1100 chipset/Inateck card or other chipsets/cards

I don't know, I don't have third party cards. But it is safe to put the kext in your folder in case something wrong.

7 hours ago, ghost82 said:

From what I'm reading the new modification to "fix handling agdpmod" is causing problems.

Yeah, I'm not upgrading since 10.15.0 because everything is stable for me now.

Here is the USBPower kext and the Ports mapping kext (for my MSI X570 Ace).

USBPower.kextUSBPorts.kext

• Like 1