** Hackintosh ** Tips to make a bare metal MacOS

13 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

Lilu 1.3.8 doesn't work with qemu: Leoyzen pointed out this issue at github and now v.1.3.9 can be used with qemu.

I don't know why your gpu works, but not for lilu 1.3.8 for sure ;)

I don t know too :D

In system preference, I use the apple graphics drivers for my RX480, vanilla support but how .. I passthrough my gpu and the ROM file too.

Your card should work out of the box with mojave+ but I suggest lilu+weg.

Download the kext from github (1.3.9 is available as release now, no need to compile yourself) and place it in Clover/kexts/other (if you are using clover).

GPU should be named GFX0 in your ioreg.

Edited by ghost82
14 hours ago, ghost82 said:

My audio is perfectly fine; I'm currently using lilu+appleALC but was working the same with voodooHDA.

I'm passing through both nvidia and onboard audio: here is the relevant part of the xml:Nvidia gpu+audio (same bus, same slot, different function):

Onboard audio (bus 0):

Yeah I have the Audio Passing through from My GPU fine without the need for kexts (ALC or HDA) only the function was needed but problem is with that Bluetooth and USB card audio I’m still trying to get clover to boot with no avail and no luck with topology still either ill keep experimenting i suppose

Edited by tpruszin
11 hours ago, ghost82 said:

Your card should work out of the box with mojave+ but I suggest lilu+weg.

Download the kext from github (1.3.9 is available as release now, no need to compile yourself) and place it in Clover/kexts/other (if you are using clover).

GPU should be named GFX0 in your ioreg.

Thank a lot, i try tonight :)

I've a Ryzen 2700x with Clover and Ivy-Bridge args, i can get more performance with OpenCore ?

37 minutes ago, Balooforever said:

Thank a lot, i try tonight :)

I've a Ryzen 2700x with Clover and Ivy-Bridge args, i can get more performance with OpenCore ?

Remember to install also whatevergreen kext with lilu for gpu: whatevergreen is a lilu plugin, so lilu kext must be loaded before whatevergreen.

In my case performance are similar between opencore and clover, but I prefer opencore.

The hypervisor takes about +7% for single core and +4% for multicore, cpu performance are acceptable (but this is my personal opinion) compared to a real machine.

Edited by ghost82
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, tpruszin said:

Yeah I have the Audio Passing through from My GPU fine without the need for kexts (ALC or HDA) only the function was needed but problem is with that Bluetooth and USB card audio I’m still trying to get clover to boot with no avail and no luck with topology still either ill keep experimenting i suppose

Okay well reducing the cores from 12 to 8 seems to have fixed audio and booting and im booted with topology with opencore. TSC Frequency is stable at 3,200,00 at boot for three reboots now too scared to touch the config to figure exactly what the problem was i also added this back into my XML which might have something to do with it

<clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='tsc' present='no'/>

54 minutes ago, tpruszin said:

im booted with topology with opencore

I'm afraid that topology is not working in mac os, unless you use Penryn as emulated cpu, check system profiler.

As pointed out in following messages topology works but system profiler reports wrong number of processors (only cosmetic).

Edited by ghost82
On 11/22/2019 at 6:08 AM, Balooforever said:

For Lilu, my RX480 work with metal, I don t understand why I need 1.39 (I use 1.38)

On 11/22/2019 at 6:12 AM, ghost82 said:

I don't know why your gpu works, but not for lilu 1.3.8 for sure

Metal support works without Lilu when using RX480.

Lilu/WEG fixes lots of things like DP black screen when using DP, add h264/hevc hardware accerlation and etc.

16 hours ago, ghost82 said:

I'm afraid that topology is not working in mac os, unless you use Penryn as emulated cpu, check system profiler.

No, the topology still works, but the packages is wrong, maybe just cosmic.You can see the hyperthreading recognization is correct in some app monitoring and gain a little performance improved.(The MacOS use the real core as many as possible instead treat the hyperthreading core as a real core).

Edited by Leoyzen
  • Like 1

Hi, i need help (again ..)

I can t get working my new bcm94360cs2. I can passtrough the BT USB (but he doesn t work, he don t show device) but the wifi pci-e doesn t work.

My log : vfio-pci 0000:08:00.0: not ready 65535ms after FLR; giving up

I try vfio-pci ids args on boot but do nothing ...

I don t how i can passtrough correctely my card (it s a M2 - M adaptator to Apple Card with USB cable to CM.

Thank again :)

EDIT : Finally, i think it s my M2 Card. Return to seller :D

Edited by Balooforever
19 hours ago, ghost82 said:

As pointed out in following messages topology works but system profiler reports wrong number of processors (only cosmetic).

This is what I'm seeing now with 4 cores 2 threads. Anything higher won't boot for me. But im happy to leave it for now.

1025722833_ScreenShot2019-11-23at7_30.40pm(2).png.900ed221d6a674278a59a77fbaf20999.png

Mine is reporting:
Number of processors: 16

Total number of cores: 16

with topology: 2 sockets, 8 cores, 1 thread

It seems apple is calculating (at least for Sandy Bridge+):

Number of processors: number of cores * number of threads for each core * number of sockets

Total number of cores: number of cores * number of sockets

It seems number of sockets (or number of physical cpu for my definition) is nowhere.

I think the problem is how apple (or me :) ) defines cpu, processor, core, thread, etc

More into details, I define and think as cpu (or processor) as a physical cpu (same as socket), but most probably my definition is wrong.

For older cpu calculation seems different..

Edited by ghost82