** Hackintosh ** Tips to make a bare metal MacOS

Important: to all of you who downloaded OVMF files from my posts

I'm very sorry for this, OVMF files have unexpected behaviors if compiled with xcode (it seems the culprit is clang 7.0.0) (at least on my system!); they somehow work, you probably didn't notice any issue, me too, unless I detached my second hdmi monitor and I wasn't able to boot anymore (only attaching hdmi made the vm to boot again).

So, if you downloaded OVMF files from me AND you have no tianocore logo at boot that OVMF files are somehow corrupted.

Read more info here, in the bug I opened today:
https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3006

So switch back to that provided with unraid or download the attached version (v. 202008 stable compiled from sources): these are compiled by me on kali linux, no corrupted files, and you will notice that the tianocore logo is back (update: tianocore logo shown/not shown is not so important, it's due to xcode not supporting Hii-Binary-Package.UEFI_HII).

Moreover, I think all my issues I posted here related to OVMF could be related to this.

With the attached v. 202008 I have no problems in Catalina and Big Sur.

All previous attachments in the forum relating OVMF are now removed, pointing to this post.

Sorry again

Update: Newer files here (202011 stable release):

edk2-OVMF-202008.zip

Edited by ghost82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Leoyzen said:

Does anyone have problem with 10gb nic card driver? I don't know what happened but kernel panic with my 10g nic and SmallTree8259x.kext(3.8.6) drivers, I can't find any information about it.

What brand? If Aquantia I think I remember I read something on insanelymac (opencore discussion).

Nevermind...I think you refer to the integrated 10gbe in your X570..: however the chipset should be Aquantia or am I wrong?

If this is the case have a look here:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/330614-aquantia-10-gb-ethernet-support-thread-10132-upwards/

Maybe one patch will work..

Edited by ghost82
@glennv sorry to bother you, but just to understand more, do you have more than one network in your vm (virtual or passed through)?
Because if I remember well bus 0 worked well for me (it was built in, without any injection) for only one network, but stopped to be built in after adding more.

Hi@ghost82,

Sorry for the late reply. But bussy lately including finishing a new 14 core skylake x build that replaced one of my main workstations.

Indeed i have multiple networks .. 1 x1GB and 1x10GB both passed through cards.
But you opencore device config trick worked like a charm . The xml only method not and likely as you suggested because of multiple networks. Although i remember having it working in the past when one of the 2 was a virtual network and the other a passes though card. But the virtual was never stable enough so moved to real metal ;-)

Tnx again.
  • Like 1

Did anyone have a Catalina VM run into networking problems recently, specifically upload speed crawling to a halt?  It may have been an automatic update.  Was on e1000-82545em as the network adapter but that somehow broke and I had no net access.  Changed to vmxnet3 and I can connect but have very slow uploads.  Is there a newer/better network adapter to use?

edit: Nevermind, it started working again using e1000.

Edited by iaweegian

After having had a ton of success with physical hackintosh machines over the years, I'm in the process of setting up my first macOS vm in Unraid and am having a hell of a time just getting to the installer. 

I've built my XML mostly using Leoyzen's as a base, and am using Ghost82's opencorebasic.qcow2 as posted here. I've gotten OpenCore to boot, but I can't for the life of me get anything to show up as a boot option, including the vdisk that I brought over from a Macinabox download. The only options are resetting the NVRAM and the Openshell.

I'm pretty sure that there isn't any issues with the way I'm bringing it in via the XML. Is there something in the EFI folder that I have to modify?

I tried building my own from scratch by placing Leoyzen's OpenCore-KVM EFI folder in a newly created qcow2 but never end up being able to get to the OpenCore menu, just at the EFI shell. Here's my XML.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='7' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>macOS-Catalina</name>
  <uuid>260d0e19-fde2-c216-874c-3136ee42a2b8</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Linux" icon="linux.png" os="linux"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>4194304</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>4194304</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>4</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='7'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/260d0e19-fde2-c216-874c-3136ee42a2b8_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='1'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback' io='threads'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/macOS-Catalina/opencore.qcow2' index='2'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdd' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-4'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='4'/>
    </disk>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback' io='threads'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/macOS-Catalina/cat_installer.img' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hde' bus='sata'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-0'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x8'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x9'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0xa'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0xb'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0xc'/>
      <alias name='pci.5'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x4'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='6' port='0xd'/>
      <alias name='pci.6'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x5'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='7' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='7' port='0xe'/>
      <alias name='pci.7'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x6'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:3e:21:a2'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <model type='e1000-82545em'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/1'/>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/1'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/1'/>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-7-macOS-Catalina/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='disconnected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='3'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input3'/>
    </input>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-us'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <alias name='video0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='host,vendor=GenuineIntel,+hypervisor,+invtsc,kvm=on,+fma,+avx,+avx2,+aes,+ssse3,+sse4_2,+popcnt,+sse4a,+bmi1,+bmi2'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

14 hours ago, mechmess said:

I've gotten OpenCore to boot, but I can't for the life of me get anything to show up as a boot option, including the vdisk that I brought over from a Macinabox download. The only options are resetting the NVRAM and the Openshell.

Hi,

that's strange..

I would check the path for the catalina installer.

I would check that the img of the catalina installer is properly built.

I would check in the config.plist of the opencore the ScanPolicy value (it should be 0).

If this still doesn't work, you will need to change Target value in config plist to 83 or 67, log to file; boot, let it go till the picker, shutdown, inspect the generated log file in the EFI root (you need a debug version of opencore).

You are also missing a third sata disk which will become your mac os disk, you need bootloader disk, the mac os installer disk, and a disk to install mac os.

Edited by ghost82

Thanks! For taking a look!!!

7 hours ago, ghost82 said:

I would check the path for the catalina installer.

I would check that the img of the catalina installer is properly built.

I successfully used the Macinabox docker to boot a Catalina install there. I copied that installer img over to the new VM folder. I also tried brining over the boot disk to see if it was just the installer file - neither one shows up. 

I would check in the config.plist of the opencore the ScanPolicy value (it should be 0).

If this still doesn't work, you will need to change Target value in config plist to 83 or 67, log to file; boot, let it go till the picker, shutdown, inspect the generated log file in the EFI root (you need a debug version of opencore).

I give this a try!! I was curious if there might be something goofy going on in the config.plist, but wasn't sure where to look.

You are also missing a third sata disk which will become your mac os disk, you need bootloader disk, the mac os installer disk, and a disk to install mac os.

This I had a handle on - I was focusing on getting the installer disk to work first, before passing through the system disk. As an aside - is there any reason why in the VM world we don't put the OpenCore boot loader on the system disk EFI partition? I've been using OC on my actual 2010 Mac Pro to get a graphical boot screen and I know that's where it is installed on that machine. 

If you are using my efi there should be in the config.plist:

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
			<integer>17760515</integer>
			<key>SecureBootModel</key>
			<string>Default</string>

Change to:

<key>ScanPolicy</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>SecureBootModel</key>
			<string>Disabled</string>

Try.

If and when it boots, change also from:

<key>Target</key>
			<integer>67</integer>

to:

<key>Target</key>
			<integer>0</integer>

Otherwise, a log is created in the efi root at each boot, share it.

If I have to bet I think the issue is the scanpolicy value, I had the same behavior when I installed the first beta of big sur, no disk detected.

I don't remember what value I had when I installed Catalina, probably I wasn't using opencore at that time :D

Once installed there's no problem with 17760515.

Here is a great picture about ScanPolicy value calculation, posted on insanelymac, '0' integer value is the safe value, scanning for all.

ScanPolicy.png.3e8bb289cbd245d46b892d446e28a361.png

There's also bit 24 recently added: OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_PCI, allow scanning devices directly connected to PCI bus (e.g. VIRTIO)

This is only an example to understand how scanpolicy value calculation works:

Let's say we want FSL (file system lock) + DL (device lock) + APFS + HFS + NTFS + SATA + SAS/Mac NVMe + NVMe + USB.

It's: 0 (FSL bit 0) + 1 (DL bit 1) + 8 (apfs bit 8 ) + 9 (hfs bit 9) + 11 (ntfs bit 11) + 16 (sata bit 16) + 17 (sas/mac nvme bit 17) + 19 (nvme bit 19) + 21 (usb bit 21)

Binary (swapped) representation:

bit0=1

bit1=1

bit2=0

bit3=0

bit20=0

bit21=1

and so it's:

1*2^0 (bit 0) + 1*2^1 (bit 1) + 1*2^8 (bit 8 ) + 1*2^9 (bit 9) + 1*2^11 (bit 11) + 1*2^16 (bit 16) + 1*2^17 (bit 17) + 1*2^19 (bit 19) + 1*2^21 (bit 21) = 2820867

2820867 is the integer value going into the config.plist

UPDATE:

The value 17760515 includes: FSL+DL+APFS+SATA+SAS/Mac NVME+SCSI+NVME+PCI (bit 0+1+8+16+17+18+19+24).

Most probably to see the installer media you need bit 9 (HFS) and of course the HFSPLUS driver to be loaded (it's included in my efi); anyway, Scanpolicy 0 will be ok (maybe hfs bit was not included in the default value for security reasons).

To see the bootloader disk you probably need bit 10 (ESP-EFI), but you shouldn't need it to be shown in the picker.

Edited by ghost82

Could anyone please advise for onboard audio:

In Leoyzen's first post he talks about changing the bus to: bus 0x00 and using slot 0x02. 

On my machine i already have about 6 or 7 devices (i am passing through usb controllers) assigned to bus 0x00 and using slot's 0x01, 0x02, 0x03 etc.

I reconfigured my onboard audio to also use bus 0x00 and i gave it slot 0x02. When i tried to save the xml i got a conflict error since that bus and slot were already in use. My stubbed usb controllers are on bus 0x00 and several are on slot 0x02 (using different functions) I changed the function number on the offending usb controller (the one that had bus 0x00, slot 0x02 and function 0x0) from function 0x0 to function 0x5 and that allowed me to save the xml with bus 0x00, slot 0x02 and function 0x0 as my onboard audio. 

When i booted OSX did not detect my onboard audio.

Do i need to change all those stubbed USB controller bus numbers to a higher value and reserve bus 0x00 for solely onboard audio?

Or do i need to raise their slot's to a higher value but leave I can leave them on bus 0x00?

If my post is confusing please let me know and i will explain it further with graphics and xml snippets. 

Edited by CatMilk
1 hour ago, david279 said:

Take one of the usb controllers you are using on bus 0x00 and swap it with the audio device. usb controllers do not really need to be on the 0x00 bus. I passthrough 2 usb controllers and none of them are on 0x00. 

I can't change the bus on any of the usb controllers, when i try i get this error:

Capture1.PNG.0a455722b711a2953df5403213a66aae.PNG

Trying to change the bus from 0x00 to 0x01 (or higher values)

Edited by CatMilk
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='2' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>MacinaboxCatalina</name>
  <uuid>a5f89fab-f17d-49ff-8481-6cfba407a4ce</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Catalina</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/icon/catalina.png" os="Catalina"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>8388608</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>8388608</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='20'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='21'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='22'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='11'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='23'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-3.1'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/a5f89fab-f17d-49ff-8481-6cfba407a4ce_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='2'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
    <feature policy='require' name='topoext'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/Clover.qcow2' index='3'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/Catalina-install.img' index='2'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdd' bus='sata'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-3'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='3'/>
    </disk>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/macos_disk.img' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hde' bus='sata'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-4'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='4'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x5' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x11'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0x12'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0x8'/>
      <alias name='pci.5'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='6' port='0x9'/>
      <alias name='pci.6'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='7' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='7' port='0xa'/>
      <alias name='pci.7'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='8' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='8' port='0xb'/>
      <alias name='pci.8'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:3d:ac:f0'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <model type='vmxnet3'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-2-MacinaboxCatalina/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='connected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0d' slot='0x00' function='0x4'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev2'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x08' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x06' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x08' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x07' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x08' slot='0x00' function='0x3'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev5'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x08' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+aes,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

and this is my onboard audio where i have moved it to bus 0x00 , slot 0x02 and function 0x0 as mentioned in my first post.

<driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0d' slot='0x00' function='0x4'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev2'/>
    </hostdev>

and below is what i raised to function 5 to get unraid to build the xml when i gave function 0x0 to the above onboard audio.

<target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x5' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>

Big Sur updated to 11.0.1 RC (beta 20B5022a) - still issues with smb and transfers for only some files (error -8084), will try a clean install when the final version will come since some other people report no issues.

Opencore fixed the incompatibility with SecureBoot and Big Sur, now SecureBootModel = Default will boot the os instead of a kernel panic.

Catalina updated to 10.5.7 19H5: no issues

11 minutes ago, Balooforever said:

I don't understand SecureBootModel = Default, I don t have it with my Catalina VM, I had it for Big Sur and .. no boot lol

From the manual: "Setting SecureBootModel to any valid value but Disabled is equivalent to Medium Security of Apple Secure Boot."

It may come usefull if apple checks security during updates (this is not the case at the moment).

In Big Sur there were issues with SecureBootModel other than Disabled, which got fixed only recently: I'm using Default value at the moment with ForceSecureBootScheme=true **

Note: This option is required on virtual machines when using SecureBootModel different from x86legacy.