** Hackintosh ** Tips to make a bare metal MacOS

58 minutes ago, ich777 said:

My guess is that Apple does stop the system differently than a standard system look at the many posts out there about that ACPI is diffent to a standard Windows/Linux machine and that this is the problem that the patch triggers the reset of the card.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too!!

But anyways guys... I inspected it a bit further and I think I found something out.

I am now able to restart the macOS vm directly. Furthermore I am able to start the macOS vm directly after a shutdown now!!

I tried it multiple times to verify.

What have I done?

On restart or shutdown you are prompted with a window with the selection to start open apps on next boot and to directly shut the system down with that specific button. I did not hit that button, instead I waited for 1 minute. 

Whats the difference?

On immediate restart/shutdown macOS closes everything and just goes for it. If the 1 minute expires and the restart/shutdown gets initiated macOS closes everything, but instead after that the screen turns black and back on so I can see the background for around 1-2 seconds again and the restart just simply works flawlessly!!!

I would be very thankful, if people with 5700xt's pn @ich777, ask for the link to download the patched build and to verify my described behaviour.

Edited by giganode
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, giganode said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, too!!

But anyways guys... I inspected it a bit further and I think I found something out.

I am now able to restart the macOS vm directly. Furthermore I am able to start the macOS vm directly after a shutdown now!!

I tried it multiple times to verify.

What have I done?

On restart or shutdown you are prompted with a window with the selection to start open apps on next boot and to directly shut the system down with that specific button. I did not hit that button, instead I waited for 1 minute. 

Whats the difference?

On immediate restart/shutdown macOS closes everything and just goes for it. If the 1 minute expires and the restart/shutdown gets initiated macOS closes everything, but instead after that the screen turns black and back on so I can see the background for around 1-2 seconds again and the restart just simply works flawlessly!!!

I would be very thankful, if people with 5700xt's pn @ich777, ask for the link to download the patched build and to verify my described behaviour.

Interesting again, what happens if you use terminal to reboot?

e.g. sudo shutdown -r now

Edited by ghost82
17 minutes ago, giganode said:

Works!

Same with shutdown from terminal?

sudo shutdown -h now

and also if you can try these commands too for restart/shutdown:

osascript -e 'tell app "loginwindow" to «event aevtrrst»'
osascript -e 'tell app "loginwindow" to «event aevtrsdn»'

Edited by ghost82
36 minutes ago, giganode said:

Now things get really interesting.

First off all, everything works now. Even the immidiate restart or shutdown via button, as long as the refresh rate is at 100Hz and I do not change it back up to 120 Hz.

Which bootloader are you running and which smbios?Whatevergreen version?

Others I know that have a 5700xt are @mSedek and @derpuma who could try the patch..

Both are running opencore, derpuma with imac pro 1,1; it would be interesting to see if it's an issue with the bootloader/settings/smbios or something else.

So the patch is working only if you run the vm at a refresh rate of max 100Hz?

Edited by ghost82
5 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

Which bootloader are you running and which smbios?Whatevergreen version?

Others I know that have a 5700xt are @mSedek and @derpuma who could try the patch..

Both are running opencore, derpuma with imac pro 1,1; it would be interesting to see if it's an issue with the bootloader/settings/smbios or something else.

Clover with WeG version 1.4.3 running as a iMacPro1,1.

But first of all, they have to use a patch.

9 minutes ago, giganode said:

Clover with WeG version 1.4.3 running as a iMacPro1,1.

But first of all, they have to use a patch.

If I prepare an opencore image bootloader would you mind to try it?So to exclude that both opencore and clover have the same issue.

Just replace the bootloader image and point in the xml to the new file.

Without actual smbios data I can put inside new smbios data, so if this is the case disconnect internet so you won't have issues with new devices registered in your apple account and issues with appstore/facetime/messages.

Or if you trust me you can send to me via pm your actual clover config.plist so I can input the same smbios data.

And one more thing, if you can use this script:

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/edid-gen.sh

and run it, it will generate edid of your monitor, can you attach it here?

Edited by ghost82

I have no problems with testing or helping but first off all let the two 5700xt users use the patched build.

Output as follows:

Display 0

vendor id  4c2d

product id f9c

EDID:

0x00, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0x00, 0x4c, 0x2d, 0x9c, 0x0f,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x2b, 0x1c, 0x01, 0x04, 0x90, 0x77, 0x22, 0x78,

0x3b, 0xa2, 0xa1, 0xad, 0x4f, 0x46, 0xa7, 0x24, 0x0e, 0x50, 0x54, 0xbf,

0xef, 0x80, 0x71, 0x4f, 0x81, 0x00, 0x81, 0xc0, 0x81, 0x80, 0xa9, 0xc0,

0xb3, 0x00, 0x95, 0x00, 0xd1, 0xc0, 0x74, 0xd6, 0x00, 0xa0, 0xf0, 0x38,

0x40, 0x40, 0x30, 0x20, 0x3a, 0x00, 0xa9, 0x50, 0x41, 0x00, 0x00, 0x1a,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xfd, 0x00, 0x30, 0x78, 0xbe, 0xbe, 0x61, 0x01, 0x0a,

0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xfc, 0x00, 0x43,

0x34, 0x39, 0x52, 0x47, 0x39, 0x78, 0x0a, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20, 0x20,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xff, 0x00, 0x48, 0x31, 0x41, 0x4b, 0x35, 0x30, 0x30,

0x30, 0x30, 0x30, 0x0a, 0x20, 0x20, 0x02, 0xf3

Edited by giganode
On 7/6/2020 at 1:49 PM, ghost82 said:

Adding vsmcgen=1 (virtualsmc) to boot-args solved the issue and the installation seems to proceed, I will update later.

UPDATE: after solving the above issue it was stuck at "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices": I needed a forced shutdown and a new boot pointing at the new partition (Mac-Os-Big-Sur) or whatever you named the hd.

SUCCESS (installation, not restore)

BigSur.thumb.png.84e8b448df06e027b01519aa07ce9c9a.png

Kext injection and kernel patching work, audio works, gpu passthrough works, cpu passthrough works! All seems to work quite well for this dev beta.

I am experiencing the same problem,

It hangs after the second reboot after the installation of BigSur so it doesn't finalize the installation. its showing No port micro restart (we don't support SMC on this platform)  After this it reboots and loops. I added vsmcgen=1 but still get the same error. Can you please help! whatever you did?

Edited by AussieKenDoll
3 hours ago, AussieKenDoll said:

I added vsmcgen=1 but still get the same error

You have 2 options:

- update virtualsmc and opencore (this was fixed), no need for vsmcgen=1

- add vsmcgen=1 to boot args, but you must do the installtion from the beginning, it doesn't work if you start the installation, you get the error, you add the boot arg and you try to proceed with the same installation

Edited by ghost82
2 hours ago, ghost82 said:

You have 2 options:

- add vsmcgen=1 to boot args, but you must do the installtion from the beginning, it doesn't work if you start the installation, you get the error, you add the boot arg and you try to proceed with the same installation

i am using opencore 0.6.3, do i need to update to opencore 0.6.4? I updated virtualsmc which released two days ago!

51 minutes ago, AussieKenDoll said:

i am using opencore 0.6.3, do i need to update to opencore 0.6.4? I updated virtualsmc which released two days ago!

It seems you are still using fixed packages, are you trying to update from an older os or clean install?

Maybe you can provide opencore log file to see if there's something interesting in there.

20 hours ago, ghost82 said:

You have 2 options:

I added  vsmcgen=1 to boot args, and installed Big Sur from the beginning by erasing the SSD.

image.thumb.png.e297f1474ebc4270c8a5c363918d8cd4.png                                               see the attached photo, it is what i see before it restarts. this is a screenshot from a video as verbose immediately restart, its harder to get a photo. Full video is at

2 hours ago, AussieKenDoll said:

I added  vsmcgen=1 to boot args, and installed Big Sur from the beginning by erasing the SSD.

It's very difficult to follow the video, but I can say that your issue is not related to vsmcgen=1.

The "no port micro restart" in the first image is perfectly fine, I have that also every time I install Big Sur, you need to share debug log, and/or share your config.plist and/or your efi folder.

It should be something related to your nvme.

Maybe this can help:

https://github.com/acidanthera/NVMeFix

Edited by ghost82
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ghost82 said:

It's very difficult to follow the video, but I can say that your issue is not related to vsmcgen=1.

The "no port micro restart" in the first image is perfectly fine, I have that also every time I install Big Sur, you need to share debug log, and/or share your config.plist and/or your efi folder.

It should be something related to your nvme.

Maybe this can help:

https://github.com/acidanthera/NVMeFix

This is my EFI folder. My PC is ASUS Strix z390-F, Core i9-9900K, Sapphire RX 580 8GB connected to the display via HDMI.

EFI.rar

Edited by AussieKenDoll
7 minutes ago, AussieKenDoll said:

This is my EFI folder.

1- You are not injecting kexts, no trace in your config.plist

Reference for injecting kexts:
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Sample.plist#L325-L453

2- If you navigate to EFI/OC/Kexts all the kexts inside that folder have no extension (.kext) and even if I add the extension .kext there's something wrong: download again the kexts and replace

3- In config.plist you have empty serial number and system uuid, but maybe you deleted them on purpose before uploading the files here

If it doesn't work try adding the NVME fix kext I pointed in my post above.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ghost82 said:

1- You are not injecting kexts, no trace in your config.plist

Reference for injecting kexts:
https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/Sample.plist#L325-L453

2- If you navigate to EFI/OC/Kexts all the kexts inside that folder have no extension (.kext) and even if I add the extension .kext there's something wrong: download again the kexts and replace

3- In config.plist you have empty serial number and system uuid, but maybe you deleted them on purpose before uploading the files here

If it doesn't work try adding the NVME fix kext I pointed in my post above.

thank you soo much! i replaced the kexts and injected it to config.plist, it finalize the installation and now Big Sur working without any issues! NVME kexts was not needed. Thanks you so much. you are the only one helped me!

Edited by AussieKenDoll
  • Like 1

Hello ! And sorry if I post (again) my question in the wrong topic...

Using the new Macinabos (with opencore), I managed to install Big Sur on my Nvme drive that has its controller passed through.  So I have no <disk> in my template and everything seems to be working fine.

But, the drive is recognize as an external drive is MacOs... I do not know if it is a problem or not, but my OCD would like it to be recognize as an internal drive. Is there a trick ?

Edited by bjornatic
24 minutes ago, bjornatic said:

But, the drive is recognize as an external drive is MacOs..

In config.plist you could add a DeviceProperties pointing to your controller that is seen as external and add the "built-in" property set to true (data 01).

You can use hackintool to have the path of the mass storage.

Make sure that also ExternalDiskIcons is set to true (maybe not necessary).

Edited by ghost82

Thank you for you answer but it seem over my capacities ☺️. I managed to find the path (PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x2,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)). I added the device to "DeviceProperties" but I did not find out how to set the "built-in" property to true... (and I searched).

But, I does not seem that having the nvme recognize as external drive will impact performance, right ? So I might just leave it like that.

Edited by bjornatic
typos...