** Hackintosh ** Tips to make a bare metal MacOS


Leoyzen

800 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Oh little slow Guest -> Host.

 

For me, 112MB Write / 300MB Read. I get 350MB Write/Read in VM W10..

 

I try change my MTU from 9000 (Unraid) to 1500 (like virtuo-net on macOS)

 

Edit : After little change, I get 650MB/650MB on .. my V10 VM :D (virtio > virtio-net :D)

 

Edit 2 : Switch from virtue-net to virtio : 500MB/850MB on my BigSur VM :D

Link to post
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is time to start a new thread and share my tips, and we can discuss here. For those who don't have much information, see  SpaceInvaderOne's **VIDEO GUIDE** How to Install MacOS Mojave or High

Good news, no more AMD reset bug with RX 6xxx XT series GPUs in macOS 11.4 beta 1 on UnRAID.

Latest release of OVMF_CODE.fd and OVMF_VARS.fd from edk2, v. 202102 published today. Compiled in kali linux with gcc, tested and working. Enjoy edk2-OVMF-202102-Stable-RELEASE-GCC5-Kali.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Balooforever said:

Oh little slow Guest -> Host.

 

For me, 112MB Write / 300MB Read. I get 350MB Write/Read in VM W10..

 

I try change my MTU from 9000 (Unraid) to 1500 (like virtuo-net on macOS)

 

Edit : After little change, I get 650MB/650MB on .. my V10 VM :D (virtio > virtio-net :D)

 

Edit 2 : Switch from virtue-net to virtio : 500MB/850MB on my BigSur VM :D

Yes, windows performs much better, in real I think windows perform much better not only for network :D

Take into account that these virtio drivers are really recent for mac os.

Apart performance I prefer to use virtio for network because of stability, I think e1000 interfered also with my usb wifi dongle, sometimes not available after boot, it seems with virtio my usb dongle is always available for connection.

Moreover virtio for network is stable for smb, the e1000 is not (in big sur).

 

About your edit 2, I may be wrong but virtio should be the same as virtio-net: we should have only one virtio driver for network, virtio-net being an alias for virtio.

Edited by ghost82
Link to post

Virtio is a old version of virtio-net but work better (more speed on w10 and big sur), I m happy with it, the speed limit is my ssd :)

 

Edit : For precision, I get 550MB speed, more than 1Gb (e1000). Very very fast, thank again all for the tips of virtio-net / virtio :)

Link to post

@ghost82 Hello 

 

I successfully updated my VM to BigSur everything went smoothly using macinbox.

Had the KP but changing the network to virtio as @bjornatic suggested seem has fixed the problem.

 

Now I have a small problem with USB audio dropouts I use ASM1142 and Scarlett 3rd Gen worked great under Catalina.

 

I am not sure if this a general bug as I see some people mentioned in the apple discussion forum.

Maybe I am missing something? related to configuring USB Power?

I upload my EFI so maybe you can point me out.

 

Edited by Idris Gsmalla
Remove "sensible" data
Link to post
14 hours ago, Idris Gsmalla said:

@ghost82 Hello 

 

I successfully updated my VM to BigSur everything went smoothly using macinbox.

Had the KP but changing the network to virtio as @bjornatic suggested seem has fixed the problem.

 

Now I have a small problem with USB audio dropouts I use ASM1142 and Scarlett 3rd Gen worked great under Catalina.

 

I am not sure if this a general bug as I see some people mentioned in the apple discussion forum.

Maybe I am missing something? related to configuring USB Power?

I upload my EFI so maybe you can point me out.

BigSur11.2.1.zip 8.61 MB · 0 downloads

 

Hi @Idris Gsmalla!

You should already have the power injection properties in your SSDT-EC.aml and it is already configured in your config.plist:

        Device (USBX)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If ((Arg2 == Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03                                             // .
                    })
                }

                Return (Package (0x08)
                {
                    "kUSBSleepPowerSupply", 
                    0x13EC, 
                    "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 
                    0x0834, 
                    "kUSBWakePowerSupply", 
                    0x13EC, 
                    "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 
                    0x0834
                })
            }
        }

 

Just make sure you have injected EC device and USB power properties with IORegistry Explorer:

 

1925318072_1copia.png.d780873f45f1834c88004cbb406ea98d.png

 

 

1499293188_2copia.png.9b7ed32d7cf53b5d4809c1166cfc5594.png

 

As far as I know nothing has changed in the structure of injecting usb power properties from Catalina to Big Sur.

 

I suggest to delete your attachment, which contains "sensible" data, just to avoid that some user will download it and use the same data which can cause issues.

 

 

EDIT: mmm...wait it seems there's something wrong also with my properties...there should be extra current available for usb ports and properties for usb ports seem wrong...I'm trying to figure out what's wrong..

Edited by ghost82
Link to post

Ok, I think I fixed it.

Current case: USB Fresco Logic FL1100 passed through, devices passed through directly (no usb controller passthrough).

Available controllers in mac os (Big Sur) virtual machine:
1- AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 (Fresco Logic)

2- AppleUSBEHCIPCI (qemu EHCI controller for 2.0 usb devices)

3- AppleUSBUHCIPCI (qemu UHCI controller for USB 1 devices)

 

Issue:

USB power properties injected through SSDT.

Power properties show in AppleUSBHostResources:

 

1.png.82d07763a3488573fe5f3ea295b9cfb5.png

 

But something strange showing in the controller (following images refer only to the fresco logic controller):

 

2.thumb.png.191c027995156e61e9f2b18e0dc04d83.png

 

3.thumb.png.215c8ef486a984d602bdad71ce36ee10.png

 

kUSBSleepSupported is showing as false, injected power values don't correspond.

 

Resolution:

inject a kext to properly inject power values and properties into controllers too.

Attached kexts for Fresco, EHCI and UHCI controllers.

 

Copy kexts in EFI/OC/Kexts and modify config.plist (following example for the injection in Fresco Logic):

	<key>Kernel</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<array>
          .....
          .....
          .....
			<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>x86_64</string>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>USBPowerFresco.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Power properties for Fresco USB</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>19.0.0</string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>
          .....
          .....
          .....

 

Now (image refers to Fresco Logic):

 

4.png.775d667231b48c1ae2641d1476b61c49.png

 

Properties and values are injected correctly.

 

Notes:

USBPowerFresco.kext

IONameMatch and IOProviderClass in Contents/Info.plist set to AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 (this name can be found with IORegistry Explorer --> look at the above image, top right corner).

kUSBSleepSupported override to true.

Power values set to that of the ssdt (in decimal values).

 

USBPowerEHCI.kext

IONameMatch and IOProviderClass in Contents/Info.plist set to AppleUSBEHCIPCI

CFBundleName and CFBundleIdentifier modified (must be different for each kext injected).

Power values set to that of the ssdt (in decimal values).

 

USBPowerUHCI.kext

This kext was generated with Hackintool, the UHCI controller appears "different" from the other controllers in the IORegistry tree (look at the pictures below).

CFBundleName and CFBundleIdentifier modified (must be different for each kext injected).

 

Fresco Logic and EHCI (EHCI not shown) appear under pci-bridge@x,x (x,x=2,3 for Fresco)-->IOPP-->pcixxxx,xxxx@x

5.png.839f06de29c9d595816c5b0b0fadff5c.png

 

UHCI controller appears under S38@7 instead of a bridge:

6.png.8ae77ec36ebdcf19913df93e9367d72e.png

 

So for usb power properties make sure they appear correct both in AppleUSBHostResources and also in each usb controller.

 

Unfortunately I don't have an iphone/ipad to test if the Extra current option is enabled...it should, but I cannot test

PS: if someone want to buy me an iphone I can test it ahah (I'm jocking..)

 

Note 2:

You can combine all the kexts into a single one, see my kext case attached to combine them all (USBPower-ALLINONE.kext)

USBPowerEHCI.kext.zip USBPowerFresco.kext.zip USBPowerUHCI.kext.zip

USBPower-ALLINONE.kext.zip

Edited by ghost82
Link to post
On 3/13/2021 at 2:14 PM, ghost82 said:

Ok, I think I fixed it.

Current case: USB Fresco Logic FL1100 passed through, devices passed through directly (no usb controller passthrough).

Available controllers in mac os (Big Sur) virtual machine:
1- AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 (Fresco Logic)

2- AppleUSBEHCIPCI (qemu EHCI controller for 2.0 usb devices)

3- AppleUSBUHCIPCI (qemu UHCI controller for USB 1 devices)

 

Issue:

USB power properties injected through SSDT.

Power properties show in AppleUSBHostResources:

 

1.png.82d07763a3488573fe5f3ea295b9cfb5.png

 

But something strange showing in the controller (following images refer only to the fresco logic controller):

 

2.thumb.png.191c027995156e61e9f2b18e0dc04d83.png

 

3.thumb.png.215c8ef486a984d602bdad71ce36ee10.png

 

kUSBSleepSupported is showing as false, injected power values don't correspond.

 

Resolution:

inject a kext to properly inject power values and properties into controllers too.

Attached kexts for Fresco, EHCI and UHCI controllers.

 

Copy kexts in EFI/OC/Kexts and modify config.plist (following example for the injection in Fresco Logic):







	<key>Kernel</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<array>
          .....
          .....
          .....
			<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>x86_64</string>
				<key>BundlePath</key>
				<string>USBPowerFresco.kext</string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Power properties for Fresco USB</string>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>ExecutablePath</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>19.0.0</string>
				<key>PlistPath</key>
				<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
			</dict>
          .....
          .....
          .....

 

Now (image refers to Fresco Logic):

 

4.png.775d667231b48c1ae2641d1476b61c49.png

 

Properties and values are injected correctly.

 

Notes:

USBPowerFresco.kext

IONameMatch and IOProviderClass in Contents/Info.plist set to AppleUSBXHCIFL1100 (this name can be found with IORegistry Explorer --> look at the above image, top right corner).

kUSBSleepSupported override to true.

Power values set to that of the ssdt (in decimal values).

 

USBPowerEHCI.kext

IONameMatch and IOProviderClass in Contents/Info.plist set to AppleUSBEHCIPCI

CFBundleName and CFBundleIdentifier modified (must be different for each kext injected).

Power values set to that of the ssdt (in decimal values).

 

USBPowerUHCI.kext

This kext was generated with Hackintool, the UHCI controller appears "different" from the other controllers in the IORegistry tree (look at the pictures below).

CFBundleName and CFBundleIdentifier modified (must be different for each kext injected).

 

Fresco Logic and EHCI (EHCI not shown) appear under pci-bridge@x,x (x,x=2,3 for Fresco)-->IOPP-->pcixxxx,xxxx@x

5.png.839f06de29c9d595816c5b0b0fadff5c.png

 

UHCI controller appears under S38@7 instead of a bridge:

6.png.8ae77ec36ebdcf19913df93e9367d72e.png

 

So for usb power properties make sure they appear correct both in AppleUSBHostResources and also in each usb controller.

 

Unfortunately I don't have an iphone/ipad to test if the Extra current option is enabled...it should, but I cannot test

PS: if someone want to buy me an iphone I can test it ahah (I'm jocking..)

 

Note 2:

You can combine all the kexts into a single one, see my kext case attached to combine them all (USBPower-ALLINONE.kext)

USBPowerEHCI.kext.zip 1.98 kB · 1 download USBPowerFresco.kext.zip 1.93 kB · 1 download USBPowerUHCI.kext.zip 1.94 kB · 1 download

USBPower-ALLINONE.kext.zip 1.96 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks.

 

I was able to have the same result as you fully explained where the problem is.

Yes the audio dropout I can say it slightly better now, need more testing but there is improvement. 

 

300470652_ScreenShot2021-03-13at23_06_42.thumb.png.d50e5921d7ca29e0263595d2ae119f98.png

 

 

631757023_ScreenShot2021-03-13at23_05_41.thumb.png.fb8a3609559c0382a2746cc73a85588a.png

 

 

999181411_ScreenShot2021-03-13at23_35_48.thumb.png.889f82b0689096d99698074ae409ccd8.png

 

Here is the iPhone connected to the AsMedia hub.

 

 

 

If you spot something I didn't apply correctly just let me know happy to test :)

Edited by Idris Gsmalla
Remove "sensible" data
Link to post
9 hours ago, Idris Gsmalla said:

If you spot something I didn't apply correctly just let me know

It should be ok as far as I know..

Real Imac Pro 1,1 still has the USBX device with power properties (so the SSDT with USBX is ok), not sure about the EC injection (but it doesn't hurt to add it too).

Power properties need to be added with kext injection: this is the USB map kext (needed to map usb ports in case a controller has more than 15 ports) with the addition of power values --> in my attached kext there's no ports map, since I don't need it, as my number of ports is lower than 15 for each controller.

 

As far as your audio issue I read a lot of comments on apple discussion forum and it seems you're not alone, as you know too, so there's a high probability that the issue is with big sur itself..

 

Can you test a little thing out of curiosity...

Connect your iphone to your asmedia and go to apple menu -->  about this mac --> system information

Then go to USB (on the left), select your USB bus to look for your connected iphone; can you see applied extra current?

 

1.png.197bd336ed5e7db1f5678de7dac16052.png

 

Extra Operating Current refers to a special feature that Apple Macs support in relation to other Apple devices whereby under the right circumstances they can provide additional power (i.e. above the standard amount) to those connected devices.

 

One of the "right circumstances" is The connected device actually requires the extra power for some reason: I don't know how it works, maybe you should see Extra operating current different than 0 if your iphone is charging?

Edited by ghost82
Link to post
13 hours ago, ghost82 said:

It should be ok as far as I know..

Real Imac Pro 1,1 still has the USBX device with power properties (so the SSDT with USBX is ok), not sure about the EC injection (but it doesn't hurt to add it too).

Power properties need to be added with kext injection: this is the USB map kext (needed to map usb ports in case a controller has more than 15 ports) with the addition of power values --> in my attached kext there's no ports map, since I don't need it, as my number of ports is lower than 15 for each controller.

 

As far as your audio issue I read a lot of comments on apple discussion forum and it seems you're not alone, as you know too, so there's a high probability that the issue is with big sur itself..

 

Can you test a little thing out of curiosity...

Connect your iphone to your asmedia and go to apple menu -->  about this mac --> system information

Then go to USB (on the left), select your USB bus to look for your connected iphone; can you see applied extra current?

 

1.png.197bd336ed5e7db1f5678de7dac16052.png

 

Extra Operating Current refers to a special feature that Apple Macs support in relation to other Apple devices whereby under the right circumstances they can provide additional power (i.e. above the standard amount) to those connected devices.

 

One of the "right circumstances" is The connected device actually requires the extra power for some reason: I don't know how it works, maybe you should see Extra operating current different than 0 if your iphone is charging?

I was able to replicate your kext setup, I combined them in USBPower-ALLINONE.kext.

I did map my USB probably using USBMap.

I Will give you more feedback about the audio issue but its better than before but I think its related to BigSur more than USB power. 

 

When Using Catalina VM work perfect.

 

Yes the right circumstances was USB-C Cable and maybe iPhone that support fast charing? I am not sure as I only have iPhone XS and that support Fast charing.

 

 

532867643_ScreenShot2021-03-14at21_24_07.thumb.png.8b716263009503e178146b5ed092e275.png

 

 

495083254_ScreenShot2021-03-14at21_20_10.thumb.png.2f8a2cebb91072cacf3786f75ac780e7.png

Edited by Idris Gsmalla
Link to post

Hi, I have a working macinabox VM. The unraid system runs on a threadripper 3970x. Does anybody here have an ideahow to run paralles or  vmware fusion in the Macos VM? I have seen spaceinvader's video and also contacted him. when he made the video he was running a system with an Intel CPU nad lately he  uses AMD based system but he hasn't ever plaid around with  nested VMs while using  his new AMD system albeit,  he says, if the Qemu enryn,vendor=GenuineIntel setting is used while setting the VM up,  he does not see why it wouldn't work also with AMD.

Well, I could not make it work. This seems the right thread, anybody has any idea?

Thank you in advance.

 

 

Link to post
13 hours ago, RenatoEurope said:

if the Qemu enryn,vendor=GenuineIntel setting is used while setting the VM up

This has nothing to do with it, since the Penryn emulated cpu is within the vm, and you need nested virtualization enabled in the host. As far as I know this is still not possible (and I doubt it will be in the future..) in mac os + amd cpu (mac os  Hypervisor.framework doesn't support AMD-V).

Moreover you can't have nested virtualization with emulated cpu, you need host-model or host-passthrough, which with amd can be quite complicated.

Edited by ghost82
Link to post
On 3/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, ghost82 said:

This has nothing to do with it, since the Penryn emulated cpu is within the vm, and you need nested virtualization enabled in the host. As far as I know this is still not possible in mac os + amd cpu (mac os  Hypervisor.framework doesn't support AMD-V).

Moreover you can't have nested virtualization with emulated cpu, you need host-model or host-passthrough, which with amd can be quite complicated.

VMWare fusion, till version 8,  lets one chose whether to  use the MacOs Hypervisor or a built in one and there is a provision(a setting) to allow in VMWare fusion the nested virtualization: vmx.allowNested = "TRUE". These are the features SpaceInvader took advantage of in his video. Yet I could not make it to work but he did :). Moreover Penryn does not have VT-X, that is why, in theory, it should make no difference whether you use intel or an AMD..... well, that is the theory

Edited by RenatoEurope
Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

 

Hey, I just updated OpenCore to 0.6.8 on Big Sur and run into a issue. 

I'm not able to reset NVRAM over the boot menu. The function just doesn't have any effect no matter how often I tried. 

I ended up creating a new nvram file in "/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/XXXXX_VARS-pure-efi.fd" after which Nvram was reseted and 0.6.8 booted. But doing so produced a few errors and I needed to reboot unraid. 

Anyone knows why the boot menu "nvram reset" is broken? or another solution without having to reboot unraid like a qemu cli command? 

SOLVED.

Edited by LinuxARM
Link to post
On 3/18/2021 at 5:06 PM, RenatoEurope said:

Hi, I have a working macinabox VM. The unraid system runs on a threadripper 3970x. Does anybody here have an ideahow to run paralles or  vmware fusion in the Macos VM? I have seen spaceinvader's video and also contacted him. when he made the video he was running a system with an Intel CPU nad lately he  uses AMD based system but he hasn't ever plaid around with  nested VMs while using  his new AMD system albeit,  he says, if the Qemu enryn,vendor=GenuineIntel setting is used while setting the VM up,  he does not see why it wouldn't work also with AMD.

Well, I could not make it work. This seems the right thread, anybody has any idea?

Thank you in advance.

 

 

Nested virtualization that uses macOS's native hypervisor will not work with AMD cpus, because macOS doesn't support the AMD-V (SVM) cpu feature that AMD cpus have. MacOS's native hypervisor only support Intel's vmx CPU feature.

Link to post

My CPU is showing up as Unknown Processor name. I'm running a E5 2680 v4. How to fix this this? 

 

Also, if I define topology I can't go higher then 16 with 8 Cores 2 threads otherwise macOS stuck at apple logo. Is this the limit or is there a patch for OpenCore that uppers that limit?  

Dual socket fixed this issue:

    <topology sockets='2' dies='1' cores='8' threads='2'/>

 

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the boot sequence, the more cores I add the longer the boot time. Which you can see on this 3 hills the CPU load produces while booting. (first 28, second 16 cores) 

@Leoyzendid you notice this?

214264498_ScreenShot2021-04-10at01_29_46.thumb.png.c94d9380fe4b14ea74d6e8fa2ab2300d.png

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by LinuxARM
Link to post

Hey @ghost82 , I have a bug with my VM (Big Sur) where it crashes unraid only when i reboot macOS and click the reboot button instead of waiting 60 sec. Can you please explain to me how to debug this? 

shutdown works, with no crashes.

over UI force reboot and force shutdown also works without crashing unraid.

I thing it’s not the reset bug of my RX 580 as no ‘reset bug log reg 40’ occurs, Unriad freezes instantly.

But I think it’s still a issue with GPU as it does not occurs on fresh booted unraid and VM. 
So the question is what does macOS do different with the reboot if you wait this 60 sec. 🧐

 

Link to post
On 4/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, Linux-iPad said:

Hey @ghost82 , I have a bug with my VM (Big Sur) where it crashes unraid only when i reboot macOS and click the reboot button instead of waiting 60 sec. Can you please explain to me how to debug this? 

shutdown works, with no crashes.

over UI force reboot and force shutdown also works without crashing unraid.

I thing it’s not the reset bug of my RX 580 as no ‘reset bug log reg 40’ occurs, Unriad freezes instantly.

But I think it’s still a issue with GPU as it does not occurs on fresh booted unraid and VM. 
So the question is what does macOS do different with the reboot if you wait this 60 sec. 🧐

 

No idea..but start reading from here:

It seems @giganode solved the same issue by changing the refresh rate.

Link to post
On 3/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, ghost82 said:

It should be ok as far as I know..

Real Imac Pro 1,1 still has the USBX device with power properties (so the SSDT with USBX is ok), not sure about the EC injection (but it doesn't hurt to add it too).

Power properties need to be added with kext injection: this is the USB map kext (needed to map usb ports in case a controller has more than 15 ports) with the addition of power values --> in my attached kext there's no ports map, since I don't need it, as my number of ports is lower than 15 for each controller.

 

As far as your audio issue I read a lot of comments on apple discussion forum and it seems you're not alone, as you know too, so there's a high probability that the issue is with big sur itself..

 

Can you test a little thing out of curiosity...

Connect your iphone to your asmedia and go to apple menu -->  about this mac --> system information

Then go to USB (on the left), select your USB bus to look for your connected iphone; can you see applied extra current?

 

1.png.197bd336ed5e7db1f5678de7dac16052.png

 

Extra Operating Current refers to a special feature that Apple Macs support in relation to other Apple devices whereby under the right circumstances they can provide additional power (i.e. above the standard amount) to those connected devices.

 

One of the "right circumstances" is The connected device actually requires the extra power for some reason: I don't know how it works, maybe you should see Extra operating current different than 0 if your iphone is charging?

 

Here are some replies from vit9696 about usb power properties, which may be useful:
Questions:

1. Does specifying the properties for the XHC device or via PciRoot - which in the end is the same thing - have any relevant impact/change on correct USB power management?
2. Are these two methods doing the same thing?
3. Is SSDT-USBX enough for handling USB port currents or maybe needs some more properties?

 

Answers:
1. On IOUSBFamily (pre-10.11 if I remember correctly) it does and works correctly. Required to be AAPL,-prefixed properties. On IOUSBHostFamily these values are ignored I believe.
2. Using DeviceProperties and _DSM is about the same thing as long as you can specify the device path in DeviceProperties (for USBX you cannot for instance, since it is not a PCI device) and as long as the device exists in ACPI.
3. Depends on the hardware. For Haswell you must specify the values in the plist of the kext describing ports. For Skylake I experienced mixed results. Most likely you need to specify them in both places to get reliable behaviour. Easiest to check is to try charging an iPad.

 

This confirms that ssdt for usbx and usb port/power injector kext should be the correct way to go.

Link to post
8 hours ago, ghost82 said:

No idea..but start reading from here:

It seems @giganode solved the same issue by changing the refresh rate.

 

This did the trick in that time, yeah... But I don't need to do that anymore. But honestly, I don't know if a macOS update or the switch to the vendor-reset did the trick for me.. Can't really remember and I don't want to say something that may be wrong. 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, giganode said:

 

This did the trick in that time, yeah... But I don't need to do that anymore. But honestly, I don't know if a macOS update or the switch to the vendor-reset did the trick for me.. Can't really remember and I don't want to say something that may be wrong. 

 

Interesting, I'm also running vendor-reset. I'm done reading the whole thread here and my VM is now solid stable beside the reboot issue.

I think that it's maybe my EFI configuration. 
It would be really nice if you could share your current EFI folder, I would like to compere it with my. 

Link to post
18 minutes ago, LinuxARM said:

 

Interesting, I'm also running vendor-reset. I'm done reading the whole thread here and my VM is now solid stable beside the reboot issue.

I think that it's maybe my EFI configuration. 
It would be really nice if you could share your current EFI folder, I would like to compere it with my. 

 

removed my config.plist.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ARQY5izoaMkcGQ8L3px5s5Orzf0haMPT/view?usp=sharing

Link to post
33 minutes ago, giganode said:

 

Thank you @giganode! It looks very similar to my. The config.plist tho is the one that gives you the configuration and settings. You mind to share it with me? 

You can easy make it generic by searching for "Generic" and remove the content inside the <dict> tags.

 


1782714320_ScreenShot2021-04-15at02_41_38.thumb.png.9a2b8490acc2ddd96d7083e4e2976b39.png
 

Link to post

For those updating to big sur 11.3 that are using cpu passthrough and that are using the force cpu penryn patch, take into account that the patch changed from big sur 11.3 beta 1.

New one is:

			<dict>
				<key>Arch</key>
				<string>x86_64</string>
				<key>Base</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>DhinakG - cpuid_set_cpufamily - force CPUFAMILY_INTEL_PENRYN - 11.3b1</string>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				MdIAAIA9AAAAAAZ1AA==
				</data>
				<key>Identifier</key>
				<string>kernel</string>
				<key>Limit</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Mask</key>
				<data>
				//8AAP//AAAA////AA==
				</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string>20.99.99</string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>20.4.0</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				swG6vE/qeOldAAAAkA==
				</data>
				<key>ReplaceMask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>

 

Using the old patch makes the system hangs when updating to 11.3.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.