Unraid 6.7.2 - VPN Access Not Working

This was also posted on reddit /unraid ...

Unraid GUI Over VPN Assist Please

I'm using windows 10 VPN client and Unifi products in the standard Unifi config of Remote User VPN and L2TP server. I can connect to the VPN server and an ipconfig returns the proper IP address on the VPN over the vpn adaper. I can ping the VPN "gateway". If I do an "route add" comand line linking the local LAN network to the VPN's IP and set the metric low I can ping the real gateway of the Unifi device and all other devices on that network

I can ping and log into every other printer and device on my network. I can run their webGUIs. I can't run anything off my unraid server but I can see it connected to my network in the unifi controller. When not on VPN, the standard webGUI runs just fine while using it locally.

Some people have posted about conflicts between lan ranges. My home network is a 192.168.1.XX, the wifi I'm on while traveling is a 172.20.0.xx and my vpn is 10.69.69.xx. Nothing matches. My networks are all /24.

I've tried multiple browsers, security settings and two different computers.

Tracert to my main remote gateway over VPN is one hop and it finds it with its real name.

Tracing route to Gateway [192.168.1.1]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 50 ms 52 ms 56 ms Gateway [192.168.1.1]

What I find very interesting in this next tracert - this exact laptop has never connected to my unraid box, so it shouldn't have its text name cached anywhere. It is pulling the server name from somewhere on my network... the gateway or the actual unraid itself?

Tracert to my Unraid box IP somehow shows:

Tracing route to *ACTUAL NAME OF UNRAID SERVER*.localdomain xx.xx.xx.xx

1 49 ms 51 ms 61 ms 10.255.255.xxx

2 * * * Request timed out.

3 * * * Request timed out.

4 * * * Request timed out.

5 * * * Request timed out.

6 * * * Request timed out.

7 * * * Request timed out.

8 * * * Request timed out.

It eventually times out...

Pings all time out.

Why is the first hop to 10.255.255.xxx and then a dead connection?

If I ping my home theater preamp, on the same network, over vpn, I get an average 49ms ping and all responses.

If I tracert to the same device, I get:

Tracing route to Preamp.localdomain [192.168.1.XX]

1 70 ms 52 ms 49 ms 10.255.255.XXX

2 49 ms 47 ms 48 ms Preamp.localdomain [192.168.1.XX]

Trace complete.

I can't ping unraid, I can't see the GUI, I can't access any dockers and I can't WinSCP in.  Its like I'm being ignored.  I am not local to my Unraid machine right now - this is the first test of the VPN.

I'm not necessarily blaming Unraid - I just don't know where to test next to solve this problem.

I hope this makes sense to someone. I need to do some server admin stuff, docker installs and file transfers. I'm traveling. I don't want to wait a long time until I get home. Thank you.