Emask Error codes

Hello 

Starting using unraid a week ago and i really like it ALOT!

But now when iam transfering alot of data from my old NAS to the new array, iam getting alot of Emask errors:

Oct 19 13:30:27 Tower kernel: ata18.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

Unraid also runs very slow when getting all of those errors. (attached syslog file)

Iam using a sata expanstion card could that be the issue? all stuff are brand new.

This is the controller

Any ideas on whant the problem could be? and how to fix it?

syslog.txt

syslog.txt

You have NVME drive10. Solid State disks are not recommended in the array. They cannot be trimmed, they can't be written any faster than parity, and there is some uncertainty whether some implementations will invalidate parity.

You have problems communicating with multiple disks, parity and disk1. Are these on a controller card? If so, reseat controller.

Check all connections, power and SATA, both ends. Be sure to check any power splitters you may have.

Also, your NVME is not reporting SMART. Not sure what to do about that, but I can't tell anything about it from the diagnostics. How large is it? You should probably consider using it for cache instead of the small 120GB cache you currently have.

And, your system share has files on the array. You need to get them moved to cache. They will keep array disks including parity spinning and will not perform as well on the array.