Odd migration issue with schedules changed

rorton

Just moved my disks into a new server build - its all come up good or so it seems, disk are now on a HBA controller, new cache drive running NVME on an m.2 slot and some unassigned drives, all dockers running vm good etc. 

The only odd thing i just noticed, was my schedules are gone - i didn't have a lot setup, a schedule for the mover, a schedule for trim, and another for parity, but got me concerned why they didn't carry over and if there is anything else i may miss that didn't carry over? 

I bought over the same USB flash drive - is there anywhere i can check what my old settings were? I took a copy of the flash before i put it in the new build if that helps? 

Thanks

All customisations are stored on the USB flash in the config folder. You could compare the files there with those in the backup. It's worth shutting down, pulling out the USB and checking it for errors on a PC. If necessary you could wipe the flash, re-create the Unraid OS on it and restore your config from the backup.

• Like 1

thanks - looking at my backup, i have a share.cfg file, which contains 

shareMoverSchedule="40 3 * * *"
shareMoverLogging="no"

I don't have config related just to the scheduler - is each 'schedule type' in the separate config files - so trim out be in the disk config etc

If so, i dont see anything obvious that relates to trim or parity schedules

I just done an index search of the files, looking for parity, and in the dynamic.cfg i think i see the parity schedule - 

[parity]
mode="3"
day="0"
hour="0 1"
write="NOCORRECT"
dotm="28-31"

This could be me being an idiot. There are timings in there Set to random times in the early morning, all set to one month. I think I must have changed all these before I moved stuff off the cache and then backed up the flash. I think I had parity set to 1 month, and trim and mover to 1 day.