6.6.7 Added a cache drive to fix sqlite issues but still seeing problems

Been having issues with 6.7 after updating from 6.6.7 that were consistent with what others were seeing regarding SQLite corruptions on Plex and Sonarr databases. Since issues did not seem to be happening when the apps were running on a cache drive I bought one and installed it but fear that I messed up the order of switching everything over. I installed the cache drive, added it to the array, set appdata to cache prefer then ran the mover and attempted to change container paths that seemed obvious but now I am unable to get Plex to load properly and there is a docker image warning on the Docker tab that says I need to rebuild the image due to a bug. I reattempted the setup again when I downgraded back to 6.6.7 but am seeing the same issues. I fear that if I keep messing with settings I will make something worse so I wanted to see if there were any clear fixes to try before I resort to setting up everything again from scratch. Thank you for any help. 

glacier-diagnostics-20191020-1615.zip

@Squid I am going through that process now but getting several failures when adding from user-templates. And this is on top of my Plex config showing all my basic data like users and settings but no libraries which is what has been the consistent issue over the last few weeks for me. Something is certainly still wrong with that and I am hoping I can restore things to where they were before needing to do everything over from scratch. 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Netdata' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='20m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/netdata':'/etc/netdata/override':'rw' -v '/proc':'/host/proc':'ro' -v '/sys':'/host/sys':'ro' -v '/var/run/docker.sock':'/var/run/docker.sock':'ro' --cap-add SYS_PTRACE --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'titpetric/netdata' 
Unable to find image 'titpetric/netdata:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.1.1:53: read udp 192.168.1.2:37809->192.168.1.1:53: i/o timeout.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

So currently I am unable to get Plex to load past the main logo screen and am unsure of what to do. The cache drive was recently installed and then I modified the appdata share to be cache preferred. Now I think there is something wrong with my appdata share or the docker settings for Plex but I think I set them in the same way as is shown on popular tutorials. And I updated from 6.6.7 to 6.7.2. 

Screenshot 2019-10-20 17.09.27.png

Screenshot 2019-10-20 17.09.39.png

Screenshot 2019-10-20 17.09.56.png

7 hours ago, midasisking said:

Should my volume mappings for plex and other docker containers be set to /mnt/cache/appdata/[appname]? The share that all the data is on, appdata, is set to cache preferred right now and it appears that all the data is in sync between the array and the cache. 

That's the same place I map all of my Dockers. Actually mine is /mnt/cache/system/appdata/DockerName ,but you get the idea like yours.

and for

appdata I have Shares setting set to "Cache Only" to keep all my Plex Docker files on the SSD/Cache Drive.

@Storm King I think that was what was happening and since I didnt have backups from long enough ago to be sure it would be safe I ended up killing the database and rebuilding it all from scratch. I will be making fresh backups once I confirm its all working again.

@kizer Why do you use cache only instead of prefer? Do you backup all that appdata somewhere else to guard against your cache drive failing? I am just setting up a cache for the first time here so I want to do it right at the onset.

@kizer Thanks for that, that's interesting. I certainly want to see better start up times for Plex in general and am looking forward to getting all my drives spun down during the majority of the day but thought that I ultimately needed those files on the array for safety. Do you know if I have the share set to Prefer if itll use all those files on cache before spinning up a drive? Or do I need to really cut over to cache only to get that kind of change?

Prefer basically tells your system to use your SSD to store the files unless it starts to get full then use your Array and should move them back when there is space available. I like to side on caution and make sure all my files stay on the SSD just in case to make sure nothing goes sideways. Like Possible Corruption.