SickBeard using the flash drive

Just an FYI for those running SickBeard.

I found out that SickBeard was storing the Logs and cache on the flash. I found the Logs and cache directories in the packages directory on my flash drive.

So, I updated SickBeard to the newest version and then edited the SickBeard config.ini file to point to the hard paths putting the Logs and cache directories into the main SickBeard install directory. In my case I used;

log_dir = /mnt/cache/.SickBeard/Logs

cache_dir = /mnt/cache/.SickBeard/cache

I tried to set the cache_dir location in an older version and it would not stick. The newer version seems ok with it though. I didn't test if the newest version would just not use the flash drive because I updated and edited the config.ini file at the same time.

Peter

Peter, thanks for pointing it out in the other thread as well.  I already was running the newer version of Sickbeard.  I also noticed the logs and cache were on my flash drive.  I guess they got put there from the previous version of SB.  Anyway, I made the changes to the config.ini and I manually moved the Logs and chache folder to the SB directory.  But I have not seen any new writes to those folders.  And they are not on my flash drive either.  So i'm not sure when those files are written to.

Peter, thanks for the heads up. I was experiencing the same thing. I guess it depends on the last cd command in your go script. In mine, the last directory was /boot/packages.

Also, I noticed that the nohup.out file was also present in this directory. I modified my go script to add a cd before firing up sickbeard like so:

cd /mnt/disk/downloads/sickbeard; nohup python /mnt/disk/downloads/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &

Interesting. Very good info. So part of the packages install/check must involve cd'ing into that flash drive directory and Sickbeard is not using relative paths correctly.

I run mine with a --quiet switch I believe it is and then nohup is not required.

I know I basically double posted it but it was off-topic in the other thread so I though this post would be more visible. Just trying to help people keep their flash drive alive.

Peter