Offsite Unraid Storage

I have several friends that are using unRaid, about 6 of us. 

I recently setup owncloud, I'm looking for an offsite backup solution for pictures and documents. 

Something that is encrypted on the untrusted box, and can be done between unraid boxes. 

I guess I could use syncthing but id does not encrypt the destination folder.

Any suggestions?

On 10/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, exist2resist said:

I have several friends that are using unRaid, about 6 of us. 

I recently setup owncloud, I'm looking for an offsite backup solution for pictures and documents. 

Something that is encrypted on the untrusted box, and can be done between unraid boxes. 

I guess I could use syncthing but id does not encrypt the destination folder.

Any suggestions?

I use google gdrive as my offsite backup. Rclone does the encryption on-the-fly so I don't have to trust Google (not that I don't trust Google).

• Thanks 1
On 10/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, primeval_god said:

You could use Duplicati for the backup client and Minio to provide an S3 storage target. Both are available as Docker Containers I believe.

Yeah I was looking at that. Didn't know you could do S3, Amazon Glacier 10GB free tier too so that's not a bad choice. 

On 10/24/2019 at 2:08 PM, testdasi said:

I use google gdrive as my offsite backup. Rclone does the encryption on-the-fly so I don't have to trust Google (not that I don't trust Google).

That's pretty cool. I see it supports Amazon as well among other services. 

18 hours ago, exist2resist said:

Yeah I was looking at that. Didn't know you could do S3, Amazon Glacier 10GB free tier too so that's not a bad choice. 

That's pretty cool. I see it supports Amazon as well among other services. 

Yes Duplicati is nice since you have quite a few choices for backends. It is also nice that it is cross platform. I primarily backup my windows machines to my unRAID server, using a Minio Docker to do S3. I also played around with doing it over FTP or SFTP. For cloud storage it supports a ton of stuff.

• Like 1