ASUS RTX 2080 Super GPU Passthrough VBios Dumped and modified download

Hello Everyone for those who has ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Super here it's the vbios i've modified to work with gpu passthrough just de-attach the type-c usb controller and the Serial bus controller from the unraid boot by looking at your GPU IOMMU group onto TOOLS > System Devices.

Asus.RTX2080Super.8192.190709_dump.rom

image.png.124be0e9ff31e402e14d1db06a02a644.png
and then go to your Flash device settings and add those GPU IOMMU ID's to de-attach them from the unraid boot MAIN > Click on Flash Boot Device > Scroll down and add them to the Unraid OS separed by comma
append initrd=/bzroot vfio-pci.ids=XXXX:XXXX,XXXX:XXXX
image.thumb.png.4644b23407abc9d3fd2284f7dd6b205e.png
click on apply, done and reboot
IMPORTANT NOTE: don't forget to pass the nvidia HDMI sound card as well, otherwise will not work.
image.thumb.png.ddbbdb22393a89ceec6b7f1c2e69cf0f.png

here is my xml of my win 10 vm if you need it
windows10_2080super_passthrough.xml

What is the purpose of de-attaching the USB and Serial bus?

I'm trying to pass my 2080ti to W10 as a single GPU setup and it black screens on me with no vbios or gives me error43 and artifacts when I use my dumped vbios. When I bootup from another GPU I can pass it through the VM with no vbios just fine. Is this something that will fix it? 

Edited by iLLNESS
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to necro this but, 

To anyone having issues trying to passthrough GPU and getting error 43 (or possibly black screen and other errors.)  Anytime you passthrough your gpu (even if you don't need to use the vBIOS) you MUST passthrough EVERY part of the card even if you don't intend to use it.  The video, the sound, and anything else built into the card(like the usb-c for the above card).  If you do not then anytime the system tries to access these parts of the card it freaks out and causes errors (like code 43) because it thinks parts of the card are  broken.  Even if you aren't using the USB-c port or sound it still needs to be passed to the vm.  If you don't and it somehow works any piece of software that touches that card(video players, games, windows update) can cause instability and crashes to the VM or unraid.  

• 3 years later...

Just want to express my newfound happiness.
My motherboard has only 1 USB controller (to my disappointment), but the USB-C port of 2080Ti comes to the rescue!
Using 6.11.5, I just need to VFIO bind (on System Devices), restart, and then pass through the NVidia USB controller.
It works!
I attached a Dell WD19TB dock that's been laying around forever. It's thunderbolt connection but it works with USB-C. Also attached another USB Hub to the WD19TB. This gives a dozen of USB ports for plug-n-play purpose to the Windows 11 guest OS.
Transfer rate is fast, but of course to be shared with all the plugged-in devices.
I guess there will be overall bus power limit as well, but I plugged in 3 external SSDs together with a bunch of thumb drives and an SD Card, just to test.
This made my day!

Edited by ldrax
minor