FTP Backup to Unraid

JT24

16 hours ago, JT24 said:

Hi,

I'm after some sort of plugin or docker that allows me to backup or sync an FTP drive to my Unraid server.

What ideas are recommended?

Janky solution: set up a VM, map share to VM, run ftp client in VM and copy to the mapped share.

Advanced solution: install rclone plugin. I believe rclone supports ftp remote (caveat: I have never used ftp remote myself). Then rclone mount and rclone sync will serve your purpose.

I'm also curious about this. I would like to copy the nightly backups from a website I have on a shared host to my home Unraid server. So this would require a docker or plugin that could connect by FTP to the shared webhost and then transfer/save files from it to a local Unraid share.

Sounds like a similar scenario.

I've been using SyncBack on a Windows PC to do this, but would rather the operation happen directly from the Unraid server if possible. Ideally I would be able to schedule this to occur overnight.

Is there a docker container which can accomplish this?

2 hours ago, adoucette said:

I'm also curious about this. I would like to copy the nightly backups from a website I have on a shared host to my home Unraid server. So this would require a docker or plugin that could connect by FTP to the shared webhost and then transfer/save files from it to a local Unraid share.

Sounds like a similar scenario.

I've been using SyncBack on a Windows PC to do this, but would rather the operation happen directly from the Unraid server if possible. Ideally I would be able to schedule this to occur overnight.

Is there a docker container which can accomplish this?

There is an rclone docker but configuring it directly via plugin is easier.

12 hours ago, JT24 said:

Do you have any more info on this idea?

If you are looking for a easy click-and-forget thing then there isn't one unfortunately.

The rclone commands are pretty simple and easy to understand though + rclone wiki is very helpful.

You just have to be comfortable with command line (and set up bash scripts).