[Support] Nextcloudpi

Uploading problems.

Really glad I found this version of Nextcloud.

I have setup and external storage so I can scan and upload directly into Paperless-ng.

Had it working perfectly with the standard Nextcloud docker.

Toda I install pi and setup the external storage. All green. BUT I get and error when I try to upload directly to the folder and I get a "internal sever error"  Error  405 - The requested method is not supported.when I ty to upload from the iOS app as well.

Any. ideas? What should I check?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Profezor

Hello Friends,

I've been using Nextcloudpi for over a year now on a Raspberry Pi 4 and I really enjoyed using it. 

Last week I decided to upgrade my system to an x86 intel based homeserver running UnRAID.

As such, I need to install Nextcloud fresh, and I wanted to consult knowledgeable people as to which install method would work best on UnRAID 6.9.2 with Nginx reverse proxy for security.

Would it be preferable to install the "regular" NC docker app from linuxserver's repository?

Is Nextcloudpi also good for UnRAID systems?

Would it be preferable to install NC or NCP as a docker app or on a dedicated VM?

Hope someone can help 🙏

Edited by mjeshurun

Not considering myself knowledgeable, though I hope I can help! I've been using NCP for almost two years now, and it is a really neat all-in-one solution.

Some pros : integrated let's encrypt cert automation, auto update, good enough performance from scratch (though some tweaks are welcome, as well as removing undesired apps), possibility to schedule backup in archive for data and config. 

Some cons : performance is not optimal, sometimes maintenance mode is still on after an update, unraid shares must be mounted as external storages and cannot be used as nextcloud "data" root directory, not on razor's edge version of nextcloud.

Overall, it is a good container. The Linuxserver version is also really good : BUT, you'll have to setup a database, a redis server eventually, and maintain it yourself, if you want backups, update, etc. However, direct mount of a share seemed to be a little bit easier. But you can expect overall better performance if you adjust core settings. 

I guess it depends on your taste for tinkering and having the most update version of nextcloud available. If you're coming from nextcloudpi, I guess you already made your choice some years ago! Moreover, It may be possible to "backup" your current config from NCP web panel and to import it directly in your new ncp docker, through the "restore" function in the same panel.

• Like 1

This morning when I started my computer, nextcloud client popped a window about certificate. I didn't read it but clicked accept; I think it happpened before. I did the same on all my computers, and noticed my files are not syncing. The client shows "No connection to Nextcloud at URL. seerver replied "503 Service Unavailable" to "GET URL/status.php" ". I am running docker from https://hub.docker.com/r/ownyourbits/nextcloudpi

and unraid v 6.9.2

It was working yesterday because I can see the files I edited at work yesterday afternoon, and they were synced to my home computer last night after I turn it on.

What information do I need to provide to diagnose this problem? Thanks.

Update

I launced nextcloud app on my iphone, and it showed certificated on server has changed. Do I trust this server. I chose yes, then I couldn't see any files on the server any more. I have tried restarting NCP docer a few times. I tried to login the control panel, but I forgot my username and password.

Edited by jiyang1018
12 hours ago, jiyang1018 said:

The client shows "No connection to Nextcloud at URL. server replied "503 Service Unavailable" 

Hi @jiyang1018, I've encountered the same issue yesterday, after investigation I was not able to find the root of the issue. In my case, ncp admin panel was also unavailable.

However, I have successfully restored data and config after a fresh install, with my last backup available. Do you have such a backup ?

48 minutes ago, sunpower said:

How do you solve this problem? Today I am in this situation. After NCP docker update the Dashbord/WebUI isn´t reachable.

Do you mean Nextcloud's Dashboard or Nextcloudpi's Web administration panel on port 4443 ? Maintenance mode can be disabled through the second one. 

On 3/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, potjoe said:

Not considering myself knowledgeable, though I hope I can help! I've been using NCP for almost two years now, and it is a really neat all-in-one solution.

Some pros : integrated let's encrypt cert automation, auto update, good enough performance from scratch (though some tweaks are welcome, as well as removing undesired apps), possibility to schedule backup in archive for data and config. 

Some cons : performance is not optimal, sometimes maintenance mode is still on after an update, unraid shares must be mounted as external storages and cannot be used as nextcloud "data" root directory, not on razor's edge version of nextcloud.

Overall, it is a good container. The Linuxserver version is also really good : BUT, you'll have to setup a database, a redis server eventually, and maintain it yourself, if you want backups, update, etc. However, direct mount of a share seemed to be a little bit easier. But you can expect overall better performance if you adjust core settings. 

I guess it depends on your taste for tinkering and having the most update version of nextcloud available. If you're coming from nextcloudpi, I guess you already made your choice some years ago! Moreover, It may be possible to "backup" your current config from NCP web panel and to import it directly in your new ncp docker, through the "restore" function in the same panel.

Thank you for your reply, @potjoe .Your input is very helpful 🙏

I installed both NC and NCP as docker apps to compare the difference. Without changing any cpu core settings, NCP is currently running faster than NC. Could this speed difference happen because I setup NC to work behind a reverse proxy?

Can anyone suggest how to configure NCP to run behind Swag reverse proxy?

I tried to follow the same steps I took for NC, but that doesn't seem to work for NCP.

Edited by mjeshurun
On 9/11/2021 at 2:36 AM, shrekfx said:

Hey all.  I'm a little stumped and was hoping for some help.  Been playing around with this and was able to get it up and working.  However, I can't get the outside connection to work.  I am using Ngix for my revearse proxy since I have another websever that needs to be accessed and I'm guessing that is where the issue is.  Does anyone have or know where to find instructions how to set this up with  NCP sitting behind NGIX?  For the life of me, I cannot find anything helpful.  

Hi @shrekfx,

Did you figure out how to configure NCP run behind a reverse proxy?
I'm trying to set it up to work with Swag, but so far I had no success.

Hope you can help.

2 hours ago, potjoe said:

Do you mean Nextcloud's Dashboard or Nextcloudpi's Web administration panel on port 4443 ? Maintenance mode can be disabled through the second one. 

Both. I am not an expert, but both ways are not able at the moment. It seems that docker NCP runs but for another example I can´t synchronize caldav and carddav, what was running a long time without trouble.

HI,

@mjeshurun I also switched from my Pi4 with NCP to Unraid using this NC docker image: lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest  (Nextcloud)

For the database i took this: lscr.io/linuxserver/mariadb   (MariaDB)

I also imported my databases and files from my NCP instance. So i don't need to start from scratch.

Why i switched to a x86 based Nextcloud:

- faster hardware

- x86 based, so i can run my own only office document server

- earlier updates

What i miss:

easy backups (the new backups app is not so comfortable like the NCP one for noobs like me)

1 hour ago, sunpower said:

Perhaps it seems the "best" for me to uninstall the NCP docker and start with a fresh docker installation.....😔

What have I to clean/delete manually additionally after NCP-Docker de-installation? Are there any files, datas, pathes, settings or other things that are better to erase manually? What is necessary to do before a fresh ncp installation?

Edited by sunpower
8 hours ago, potjoe said:

Hi @jiyang1018, I've encountered the same issue yesterday, after investigation I was not able to find the root of the issue. In my case, ncp admin panel was also unavailable.

However, I have successfully restored data and config after a fresh install, with my last backup available. Do you have such a backup ?

I am not sure about backup. I installed "CA Auto Update Applications" but I never used it. It seems a little complicated, and I don't want to mess with my data. I will do a fresh install tomorrow if no solution is found today.

34 minutes ago, Archonw said:

I think @potjoe means the fullbackup made by NCP. 

I only use NCP for syncing files, and I have 3 copies of those files, 1 on my work computer at work, 1 on my home unraid server, and 1 on my home computer. If I install NCP fresh, I will not lose any file of any of the 3 copies, only my settings inside NCP. It may mess up my photo backup from my phone, but my phone was unable to sync photos since December anyways. So the damage to me is minimum for a fresh install, just taking some time to set everything up.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:22 PM, potjoe said:

I had this problem too!

After running a few of the occ commands to confirm that maintenance was't enabled and everything looked fine (which it did!) I managed to track it down in the console.

This error in /var/log/apache/nc-error.log:

[Tue Mar 15 14:07:09.956155 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 113:tid 22557371913984] [client 0.0.0.0:41080] AH01079: failed to make connection to backend: httpd-UDS
[Tue Mar 15 14:10:29.766354 2022] [proxy:error] [pid 113:tid 22557420431104] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /run/php/php7.3-fpm.sock (*) failed

This was because php has been updated from 7.3 to 7.4, I guess. I updated the apache config to replace the reference from 7.3 to 7.4 /etc/apache like so:

conf-available/php7.3-fpm.conf:        SetHandler "proxy:unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock|fcgi://localhost"

Restarted the docker and now it works.

I hope this helps someone :)

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

Just finished installing NextcloudPi on my UnRAID using the docker app.

Thank you for making this such an easy process :)

I've re-synced my files with the new NC instance and things seem to work ok.

However, I'm seeing two warnings regarding my setup in the settings overview page:

3214741_ScreenShot2022-03-18at11_29_48.thumb.png.1ee69a2104324b9225cdd636c94c7db8.png

Can anyone share the path location of the opcache.ini file in the nextcloudpi container, so I can update the opcache.interned_strings_buffer to a value higher than 8?

Is there a way to add imagick to the container?

Thank you.

22 hours ago, mjeshurun said:

Can anyone share the path location of the opcache.ini file in the nextcloudpi container, so I can update the opcache.interned_strings_buffer to a value higher than 8?

Is there a way to add imagick to the container?

Regarding imagick, it has been removed from the container for security reasons. See here https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/issues/1159 

Regarding OPcache configuration, you can ignore the warning :  https://help.nextcloud.com/t/nextcloud-23-02-opcache-interned-strings-buffer/134007/5

• Like 1

@mjeshurun I'm not familiar with the issue, did you had a look on nextcloud help forum or nextcloudpi GitHub? You can still configure nextcloudpi from a terminal. Open Unraid console and enter

docker exec -it nextcloudpi ncp-config

it'll open an editor to configure it the same way you would in the webUI.

Edited by potjoe
  • Like 1