[Support] Nextcloudpi

1 hour ago, potjoe said:

@mjeshurun I'm not familiar with the issue, did you had a look on nextcloud help forum or nextcloudpi GitHub? You can still configure nextcloudpi from a terminal. Open Unraid console and enter

docker exec -it nextcloudpi ncp-config

it'll open an editor to configure it the same way you would in the webUI.

Good idea. I will try to search the Nextcloud forum.

• 4 weeks later...

getting some weird error. I only noticed it after I ran a fix docker permissions thing for another application that needed it. 

e
stopping dnsmasq...
Stopping DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.
/run-parts.sh: line 6: /etc/services-enabled.d/020nextcloud: Permission denied
/run-parts.sh: line 6: /etc/services-enabled.d/010lamp: Permission denied
/run-parts.sh: line 6: /etc/services-enabled.d/000ncp: Permission denied
/run-parts.sh: line 42: /etc/services-enabled.d/000ncp: Permission denied
/run-parts.sh: line 47: /etc/services-enabled.d/010lamp: Permission denied
/run-parts.sh: line 47: /etc/services-enabled.d/020nextcloud: Permission denied
Starting dnsmasq...
Starting DNS forwarder and DHCP server: dnsmasq.

e

The installation was working before, Now it starts, but I can't access the GUI at all.

• 1 month later...

So this was working and all suddenly the website wont load nor clients will connect.

This is what it says in logs

Starting PHP-fpm
Starting Apache
Starting mariaDB
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.5.12-MariaDB-0+deb11u1) starting as process 213 ...
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] mysqld: File '/data/database/aria_log_control' not found (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] mysqld: Got error 'Can't open file' when trying to use aria control file '/data/database/aria_log_control'
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'Aria' init function returned error.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'Aria' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Warning] The parameter innodb_file_format is deprecated and has no effect. It may be removed in future releases. See https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/xtradbinnodb-file-format/
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Warning] The parameter innodb_buffer_pool_instances is deprecated and has no effect.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: The innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: The innodb_system data file 'ibdata1' must be writable
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Could not open mysql.plugin table: "Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist". Some plugins may be not loaded
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Failed to initialize plugins.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Aborting

What do i need to do to get it work again? I have changed nothing for it to go from working to non working..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 7:58 PM, AndreasLindroth said:

So this was working and all suddenly the website wont load nor clients will connect.

This is what it says in logs

Starting PHP-fpm
Starting Apache
Starting mariaDB
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.5.12-MariaDB-0+deb11u1) starting as process 213 ...
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] mysqld: File '/data/database/aria_log_control' not found (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] mysqld: Got error 'Can't open file' when trying to use aria control file '/data/database/aria_log_control'
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'Aria' init function returned error.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'Aria' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Warning] The parameter innodb_file_format is deprecated and has no effect. It may be removed in future releases. See https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/xtradbinnodb-file-format/
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Warning] The parameter innodb_buffer_pool_instances is deprecated and has no effect.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Could not open mysql.plugin table: "Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist". Some plugins may be not loaded
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Failed to initialize plugins.
2022-05-20 11:54:18 0 [ERROR] Aborting

What do i need to do to get it work again? I have changed nothing for it to go from working to non working..

I have the same issue. My wordpress container that depends on the mariadb container that won't run with the above log output. 

I've also restored from appdata backups but still get the same errors in log.

Edited by preginald
add note about restore from backup
  • 1 month later...

Hello friends,

I'm in urgent need of assistance.

In the last two days, my Nextcloudpi unraid docker installation has become very problematic to the point I can't open any of my saved files and photos.

The problem started a few days ago when I tried to open the Nextcloud web dashboard and I got an error message saying my data directory is invalid and that I need to make sure there is an .ocdata file in the root of the /data directory:

photo1657786168.thumb.jpeg.b1836c4e31bb75b865f9ba6f6ef1aa60.jpeg

I read a few forum posts referring to this issue, that suggested to manually create a new empty .ocdata file in the root data directory. I did that and I was happy to see I could open the Nextcloud web dashboard again.

Sadly, however, my problems didn't end there, because now I can't open any of my files.

I can see all my files and folders listed in the Nextcloud web dashboard:

447882791_ScreenShot2022-07-17at23_39_53.thumb.png.5024152f825779b110dd41d0dcb1401a.png

but when ever I try to open a file I just get an error message:

1438224287_ScreenShot2022-07-17at23_40_02.thumb.png.9ccae5d26b5accd6abdc6eef3ac8bf0b.png

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue to restore my files?

I really hope someone can help 🙏🙏🙏

Hi ! :)

Yesterday my NCP made seppuku, that is so strange :/

8AM, i'm heading to work like always

In the middle of my way, i received notif about some connection problems. It happends from time to time if the synchro runs when i have a poor mobile network, so i just discarded it.

It persisted for some hours, so i tried to connect to my Nextcloud instance via the mobile app, and it gave me "No files".

Thought my server just froze so decided to wait 'till i'm home.

7PM, home, server is all good, all service running except Nextcloud and i can't connect to it (but i can connect to NCP's admin)

I don't understand what's going on, i haven't changed anything in config, there was just a parity check running :/

Bellow the logs & informations

- When i click on "WebUI" in Unraid NCP docker's menu, i now have this in place of Nextcloud's login screen :

image.png.e6098472b074d538d6294094f8472c93.png

- There, if i correctly understand, it tells that the last DB operation was 22 Jul at 07:34

image.png.32fd8811f36d3358b2834ca2594234a3.png

- NCP's System Info :

image.thumb.png.d6e647afc6f4a04236226e522421b038.png

Do someone ever saw this ? O_o

Thank you in advance :)

P.S.: Made this morning the latest NCP docker's update but no change :/
Already rebooted the server and tried to reinstall docker
/data/nextcloud.log is empty

tower-syslog-20220721-1732.zip NCP docker's log.txt NCP -data- tree.txt

Edited by AinzOolGown
SysInfo
On 7/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, AinzOolGown said:

It persisted for some hours, so i tried to connect to my Nextcloud instance via the mobile app, and it gave me "No files".

I suggest you manually bakcup all your server files immediately to an extrenal device!
I had the same issue a few days ago, and at the moment I lost all my files and folders from my server and also my laptop that was syncing with the server.
I'm will try to follow a suggestion given on the Nextcloud forum to re-scan all files using occ, in hope that will bring back all my files.

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/all-files-lost-after-nextcloudpi-upgraded-to-v1-48-2/142529/7

I just need to learn how to run occ with NCP installed as an unraid docker app.

Hope someone here can help me with the commands needed to run occ.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:35 PM, mjeshurun said:

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/all-files-lost-after-nextcloudpi-upgraded-to-v1-48-2/142529/7

I just need to learn how to run occ with NCP installed as an unraid docker app.

Hope someone here can help me with the commands needed to run occ.

Hi :)

You can actualy have access to /var/www/nextcloud by clicking on "console" in the docker's icon menu

In my case, this folder's content are pretty much totally gone so i can't use these commands :/

Edit :
So, i re-thought all this and decided to let go of Nextcloud.
It's been pretty much 10 years i run this and the maintenance time is just too high :/
It broke itself too often, the DB crash, the software do what it please, in short it's not suited in production, in my case at least.

At side, i also run Synology NAS for some years, both personnaly and professionnaly, and it it so much more rock solid, never had any trouble !
And it possess the same functions as Nextcloud, can do webdav, auto file-upload (pictures/videos/you name it), sharing etc, so much better choice.
Goodby high maintenance time and welcome just enjoy a working synchro/server/services without doing much.
Thank nonetheless for the help and good luck :)

Edited by AinzOolGown
Terminated
  • 2 months later...

Hi friends,

After an issue with my unraid nextcloudpi docker app which caused a loss of data, I would like to start "fresh" and setup NCP to backup my data using an automated schedule. 

For this purpose I bought a 2TB M.2 SATA SSD and would like to set things up so that my files will be automatically backup up to this drive every 2-3 days.

What would be a good approach to do this?

Would it be better to mount the backup drive as an unassigned device or as an array drive?

Which format type should I use (xfs, btrfs, exfat...)?

How do I setup the NCP docker app to backup the data to this drive? 

I welcome any tips 🙏

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.  I am also seeking assistance for an issue involving NextcloudPi and DirSyncPro dockers.  I started with the DirSyncPro help thread, but after some investigating we think the issue may stem from NextcloudPi.  I have NextcloudPi installed on a share called "Nextcloud" with nothing else on the share.  The issue I am facing is that DirSyncPro can no longer see my phone camera files that I've backed up to the directory /mnt/user/Nextcloud/nextcloud/data/username1/files/InstantUpload/Camera.

I used to be able to see these files and DirSyncPro would copy them to another location automatically, but something changed and DirSyncPro can only see down into the level of: mnt/user/Nextcloud/nextcloud/.

Looking at the permission for some of the directories in the Nexcloud share I found:

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Nextcloud# ls -l
total 3
drwx------ 1 root root  808 Aug 16 18:06 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 1  101  102  440 Sep  5 09:55 database/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  288 Mar 11  2022 etc/
drwx------ 1 root sshd 1496 Mar  7  2022 ncp/
drwx------ 1 sshd sshd  776 Mar  7  2022 nextcloud/

My helper in the DirSyncPro thread wondered why the user and group are "sshd" for the nextcloud/ directory.  The sshd user and/or server process is a bit beyond my understanding of Linux.  But I suppose my first question is: does this output look right?

-------------------------

edit: solved, for now

I've not used it before so I had to do some research, but I was able to fix the permission problem by running the Tools > New Permissions tool on my Nextcloud share.  I don't know what caused the issue in the first place, but it is solved for now and I'll probably return to the thread if it happens again.

---------------------------

edit 2: after I made this fix above, DirSyncPro worked again, but before I started up Nextcloud again I decided to update Unraid to 6.11.1 and apply the latest docker update for NextcloudPi.  Unfortunately these actions have resulted in breaking Nextcloud.  I don't know which of these 3 actions broke Nextcloud, but now I get the error:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 8.0.
You are currently running 8.1.10.

I am doing a little more testing/research, but I'd be curious to know if it is possible to downgrade the NextcloudPi docker.

Edited by zero_koop
resolved

Ok, after seeking a little help on another thread, I believe my issue is just with the NextcloudPi docker.  According to others, "Docker containers have the software they use installed internally to the container.   If there is a problem with the PHP version then it is a container issue and nothing to do with Unraid."  So to me (and my limited knowledge) that says that this entire new version of the docker is messed up, because anyone upgrading to it would get this error.  I'm probably missing something, but the question is how to fix this?  How do I downgrade the version of PHP within this docker?  Or, how can I downgrade the entire docker to an earlier version that works for me?

6 hours ago, zero_koop said:

Ok, after seeking a little help on another thread, I believe my issue is just with the NextcloudPi docker.  According to others, "Docker containers have the software they use installed internally to the container.   If there is a problem with the PHP version then it is a container issue and nothing to do with Unraid."  So to me (and my limited knowledge) that says that this entire new version of the docker is messed up, because anyone upgrading to it would get this error.  I'm probably missing something, but the question is how to fix this?  How do I downgrade the version of PHP within this docker?  Or, how can I downgrade the entire docker to an earlier version that works for me?

Well that was easy!  Thanks so much and this is a very useful bit of knowledge to have.  I was able to downgrade but Nextcloud is giving me a permission error in the log, which probably means that my earlier attempt to overwrite the file permissions messed this up.  So I'm just going to wipe out Nextcloud and start fresh with a whole bunch of new lessons learned!

I'm curious to know if others had this problem and how to tell if it will be safe to update to other versions in the future.  I guess I could use a trial and error approach with that, but that is not ideal.

I am now back up and running with Nextcloud, but am still experiencing the original issue that started all of this about a week ago.  The issue is that I used to use another docker DirSyncPro to move files (phone camera photos) out of the Nextcloud directories and into another Unraid share where a third docker (CrashPlanPro) could see them and upload them.  For whatever reason I could never use Windows Explorer to browse the Nextcloud files but DirSyncPro could so that's why I came up with this setup.

I have an idea for a solution, but I am new to the concept of modifying file permissions and I have no insight into how this might affect Nextcloud.  This is how my Nextcloud share looks right now:

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Nextcloud# ls -l
total 2
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  808 Sep 29 06:40 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 1  101  103  440 Oct  9 10:36 database/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  104 Oct  9 10:37 docker-startup-backups/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  248 Oct  9 10:32 etc/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root sshd 1456 Sep 29 06:41 ncp/
drwxr-x--- 1 sshd sshd  800 Sep 29 06:39 nextcloud/

From what I'm understanding above (again, I'm new to permissions) is that only the file owner (sshd?) and members of the sshd group can read the nextcloud directory (the camera files are nested several levels below this directory).  All other users (including whatever user DirSyncPro runs under) have no permissions.  I've already attempted to use the Tool > New Permissions tool on this entire share which fixes the DirSyncPro issue, but breaks Nextcloud.  I presume this is because it changes the user from "sshd" to "root".  So my idea is: what if I just update the permissions of the nextcloud directory to be:

drwxr-xr-- 1 sshd sshd  800 Sep 29 06:39 nextcloud/

That would give read permissions to "all other users" including DirSyncPro.  Does that make sense?  Any other suggestions?  Again, I'm simply trying to get back to the situation I had about 2 months ago and had been working for years.  I never had to go through this process before and I'm not sure what changed that is making it necessary now.