[Support] Nextcloudpi

7 hours ago, sunpower said:

How can I update Nextcloud from 17 to new Version 18 via nextcloudpi ? I tried to upgrade but I can´t. Is it possible? Which way/method?

You can upgrade through the web interface but I don't think NC themselves are allowing web upgrades yet, you may have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed and everything is working except I can't access the Nextcloud folder where all od the data files are stored from my Windows Machine. I get a I don't have permissions to access this folder error. I can access those files using the krusader docker on my unraid machine, any idea how to fix that?

just updated to nextcloud 18.0.1 and update went well but I lost all access to nextcloudpi.  So might want to wait for the nextcloudpi docker to update

Just realized that I needed to go in and manually start the nextcloudpi app from the nextcloud, settings, app, enable nextcloudpi.  Looks like its back up and running. 

Edited by Batman11
Found a solution
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2020 at 12:33 AM, Wuping said:

I just installed and everything is working except I can't access the Nextcloud folder where all od the data files are stored from my Windows Machine. I get a I don't have permissions to access this folder error. I can access those files using the krusader docker on my unraid machine, any idea how to fix that?

I have this same problem. I'm guessing it has to do with permissions that are required for the docker to run. I would also like to be able to browse data and delete/move/etc. I want to use this to sync my phone, but I want to be able to move the data and archive it.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for all the work and the support. I have an issue with letsencrypt integrated app, I cannot obtain a valid certificate for a subdomain. Nexcloudpi docker uses br0 interface to get it's own ip by the router, so there is no conflict with ports. They are opened in the router, and redirected to the docker's ip. I still have a timeout error when performing the challenge...

On 3/29/2020 at 5:49 AM, Atrocity said:

I have this same problem. I'm guessing it has to do with permissions that are required for the docker to run. I would also like to be able to browse data and delete/move/etc. I want to use this to sync my phone, but I want to be able to move the data and archive it.

The files are owned by another user which is why you don't have permission via the network. Given Nextcloud is a data storage tool, I would personally doing my moving etc. via the NC desktop sync tool or via the web interface. I realize its slower but I would want to do it officially so NC has a record of all the changes etc.

If you're set on doing it via a network share you might have to muck with permissions and that break your NCP install so you'll have to research that yourself.

4 hours ago, potjoe said:

Hi! Thanks for all the work and the support. I have an issue with letsencrypt integrated app, I cannot obtain a valid certificate for a subdomain. Nexcloudpi docker uses br0 interface to get it's own ip by the router, so there is no conflict with ports. They are opened in the router, and redirected to the docker's ip. I still have a timeout error when performing the challenge...

Both port 80 and port 443?

5 hours ago, Dimtar said:

Both port 80 and port 443?

Absolutely! I tried to perform the challenge with letsencrypt docker in a similar setup (using br0 interface), and it works like a charm. I don't understand why is it any different in this case. I also added my subdomain in the trusted domains list. 

Hi ! :)

I freshly installed NCP (some 2hours ago now), have access to control panel no problem, but NC WebUI loop refresh with "Initializing NextCloudPi for the first time - Please wait..." :/

Can someone help me please ? :)

I'm attaching the config :)

Thank you ^^

Captur4e.PNG

Capture5.PNG

And here is the log (edited the docker 2 times to change post argument in hope of..)

NCPLog.txt

Edited by AinzOolGown
Add log
On 4/28/2020 at 5:37 PM, potjoe said:

Absolutely! I tried to perform the challenge with letsencrypt docker in a similar setup (using br0 interface), and it works like a charm. I don't understand why is it any different in this case. I also added my subdomain in the trusted domains list. 

Did you work this out or are you still stuck?

On 5/3/2020 at 9:02 PM, AinzOolGown said:

Hi ! :)

I freshly installed NCP (some 2hours ago now), have access to control panel no problem, but NC WebUI loop refresh with "Initializing NextCloudPi for the first time - Please wait..." :/

Can someone help me please ? :)

I'm attaching the config :)

Thank you ^^

Captur4e.PNG

Capture5.PNG

And here is the log (edited the docker 2 times to change post argument in hope of..)

NCPLog.txt 3.46 kB · 0 downloads

This all looks right, did you try wiping the folder and starting it again?

Hi :D unforntunately I was'nt able to sort it out. I still don't know what's causing the issue. I'm currently upgrading my router setup to a pfSense VM, i'll give it another try with the new setup ! Have you any idea where it could come from ?

installed this docker.

gave it a own it. and went to the activate page and clicked activate but it keeps saying

NextCloudPi not yet initialized, trying again in a few seconds ...

when i check the docker log it says this.

Starting PHP-fpm
Starting Apache
Starting mariaDB
2020-05-16 18:36:24 0 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.3.22-MariaDB-0+deb10u1) starting as process 222 ...
Starting Redis
Starting Cron
Starting Postfix
Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available

There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.

e

i got the ncp webgui working. but not nextcloud it self but when i check it. i see it gives an error

datadir(doesn't exist)

729632563_Screenshotfrom2020-05-2023-02-07.png.771982fbc99a100636f08fe06deabd1b.png

how can i connect this datadir ?  should the docker not do it it self ?

Edit:

i reinstalled it for some X time manual enabled the 4443 gui via ncp-config  and it activated correctly now but when i just go to the IP like ip:443 it just keeps saying

Initializing NextCloudPi for the first time

Please wait...

and it keeps refreshing.

nextcloudpi enabled
Error: An exception occurred while executing 'SHOW FULL TABLES WHERE Table_type = 'BASE TABLE'':

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

e

Edited by KoNeko
added
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 4:40 PM, AinzOolGown said:

Hi :)

Which one ? ^^

Just stop the Docker, wipe the folder and start the docker again ?

Hi !

Deleted/reinstalled all the way from scratch, seems to finally works !

Thanks ;)

Tips : on the "Nextcloud data folder" field, i previously used "/mnt/cache/nextcloud", this time i used "/mnt/user/nextcloud"

Edited by AinzOolGown

I have "Nextcloudpi" on two unRAID servers, one in beta 19 and one stable 18.x.x. Both went very well according to the instructions here (thanks for that.)

On both unRAID servers I have "Plex Hardware Acceleration using Intel Quick Sync" enabled, as explained in the forum (putty; modprobe i915->cd /dev/dri
ls->chmod -R 777 /dev/dri and finally "nano /boot/config/go" with the entry "modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri")

366614784_NCPbackend.png.caf8fa58fe51673ba792270bc0a3ea8b.png

After a reboot, however, NCP no longer worked on either of the two unRAID servers, but both show the same errors in the :4443 backend (see photo). 

Maybe someone can help me to get the container started again with the database, I find it strange that activating the HW acceleration caused such an error.

Thanks a lot.

The config . works quite well so far..

2138429365_ncpDockerconfig..thumb.JPG.78e8c06cee9d8e251260a485ee71ff12.JPG

• 2 months later...

Hey, has anyone tried restoring a backup file?

I keep getting "Can only restore from ext/btrfs filesystems". 

Works fine on my pi4 but not on the docker version. I could not find much in the way of sucess on the net - some mention put it in the containers data directory but that didn't work either.