[Support] Nextcloudpi

I am currently searching for a lan file sync solution and since this docker is completely self contained I would be very happy to give it a try. I am planning to have my data folder on a (dedicated) unRAID share. Will this prevent the disk(s) for this share to spin down...or will nextcloudpi only access the data dir if users are requesting files etc.?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:39 AM, Raptor2k said:

has anyone an advice how to seperate appdata from "user upload data" ? i want appdata on my cache and the user data in array.

Thx for your answer.

Just create a new path like this (replacing host path to the path where you want the data to be stored at):

image.png.a17f02fe43564e09aa2241aa7e81c765.png

This will overwrite the the real data folder where the user folders are created at, this works even though we're already passing through the root /data folder.

• Thanks 1

I use a lot of months nextcloud (installed by nextcloudpi) at my Unraid System. This morning no calndar snchro was possible because Nextcloud is in "Maintenance Mode". First I restartet nextcloudpi-Container, but same error. Then I shut down my server and startet it, but I can´t reach the GUI of nextcloud or nextcloudpi. How can I stop the maintenance mode? The server runs over night and no error was reported. 

with Cloud commander I wantet to change in Config.php the maintenance mode from True to false, but there is no line with "Maintenance....." I can´t find this text in config.php

Edited by sunpower

I had success with this two command lines via nextcloudpi docker console:

sudo -s cd /var/www/nextcloud/

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

I found this solution by google search.

Now synchronizing by caldav and carddav is running ok as before. Everything seems ok now, but I can´t explain why Nextcloud instance was suddenly in maintenance mode.

Edited by sunpower
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 3:24 AM, xRadeon said:

Just create a new path like this (replacing host path to the path where you want the data to be stored at):

image.png.a17f02fe43564e09aa2241aa7e81c765.png

This will overwrite the the real data folder where the user folders are created at, this works even though we're already passing through the root /data folder.

sadly this not works. Nextcloud says an error: " ocrdata not found".

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 9:26 PM, Raptor2k said:

sadly this not works. Nextcloud says an error: " ocrdata not found".

You have to copy the previous content inside the new folder, including hidden files. 

For a few versions now, Nextcloudpi is creating daily backups in the docker img, which is really annoying because all automated backups are suppose to be disabled from nexctloudpi control panel. Does anyone has encounter this behaviour or know how to disable it ? Backups are created in the /var/www/backups repository inside the container. 

I'm not able to get to the web ui so far, I am sure I am doing something wrong, here is my setup:

LOG:

Starting PHP-fpm
Starting Apache
Starting mariaDB
2020-12-15 7:23:57 0 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.3.25-MariaDB-0+deb10u1) starting as process 223 ...
Starting Redis
Starting Cron
Starting Postfix
System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string 10.10.40.100
System config value trusted_domains => 6 set to string 10.10.40.100
Provisioning
Provisioning Redis password
Updating NextCloud config with Redis password
Provisioning MariaDB password
Updating NextCloud config with MariaDB password
Running nc-limits
Using 25236667392B for PHP
Using 16 PHP threads
Using 8361890816 memory for the database
Stopping MariaDB database server: mysqld.
Starting MariaDB database server: mysqld ..
Stopping redis-server: redis-server.
Starting redis-server: redis-server.

e

1.JPG

2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I love the project, thanks for putting this together!

I am having a weird issue though.

I set my nextcloud data folder to a share on my array called "storage".

It seems though as if ncp is using the docker image as storage.

My Docker Image is full, and my Users are unable to transfer anymore files over.

You can see the user "Reesehall22" has 2TB of storage allocated, but when logged into the users account it shows it is full at 8.2GB (I imagine because it's somehow using my docker image as storage)

Thank you for any help you can provide!!
I would LOOVE to use nextcloud for my family cloud storage needs!

image.png.f0482bed95741239b6893a5a7cb21af0.png

image.thumb.png.019f81edd86acac28f63e5a101080b1c.png

image.thumb.png.804596729e87685653b5aaa848ed6c83.png

image.thumb.png.6447410218a2d5fef5ba4c8707808103.png

image.thumb.png.6d2de69e72e54ea2a9175f01927702b3.png

Open the container with the console or:

docker exec -it nextcloudpi sh

Then run:

df -h

I just spun up a new instance of the container on an unRaid box that has never had it before and it shows this:

shfs             48T   23T   26T  48% /data

Can you see if the container is atleast aware of the /data directory?

Joining the discussion since I had the same issue a few weeks ago after an update. If you look carefully at the "System info" screenshot you provided, you'll notice that nextcloudpi is setting the data-ro directory as the data directory (datadir). Thing is, data-ro is inside the docker.img, and that's why it's now filled up. I had a real nightmare reverting the change, only fixing the nextcloudpi config file (datadir field actually) ended up in ncp not finding the database and the data, so I finally reinstalled from scratch.... 

Here the data folder seems to be mapped correctly and recognized inside the container, it's a matter of ncp configuration. I think it happened after an update, 19.0.4 if I'm correct. 

Edited by potjoe
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, potjoe said:

Joining the discussion since I had the same issue a few weeks ago after an update. If you look carefully at the "System info" screenshot you provided, you'll notice that nextcloudpi is setting the data-ro directory as the data directory (datadir). Thing is, data-ro is inside the docker.img, and that's why it's now filled up. I had a real nightmare reverting the change, only fixing the nextcloudpi config file (datadir field actually) ended up in ncp not finding the database and the data, so I finally reinstalled from scratch.... 

Here the data folder seems to be mapped correctly and recognized inside the container, it's a matter of ncp configuration. I think it happened after an update, 19.0.4 if I'm correct. 

hmm do you have any info you could point me to for getting ncp configured correctly?

I've been trying to investigate this issue but not finding much.

Sure! But I advise you to be really careful messing arround with these config files, Nextcloud seems to be really capricious.. 

BIG warning there once again, backup the data before any modification, and before making the change, be sure to replicate from within the container the content from /data-ro/nextcloud/data to /data/nextcloud/data, including hidden files. Otherwise, you'll just lose access to the data, or Nextcloud won't be able to access it (cause it'll be missing the .ocrdata file). Be careful to keep the same permissions for the files. 

Then, In the host, not within the container this time, stop the container, go to your data folder under nextcloud/config. You'll find a config.php file. In this file, you can try changing 

'datadirectory' => '/data-ro/nextcloud/data',

to 

'datadirectory' => '/data/nextcloud/data',

Again, this is NOT a workaround, I ended up reinstalling from scratch (at one point, Nextcloud just deleted all my files). I suggest to wait for Dimtar's further investigation. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally had time to try this,

I'm a new nextcloud user so luckily I don't care about wiping everything and starting from scratch :D 

I deleted everything & reinstalled from scratch,
opened the app once just to activate nextcloud

stopped the docker instance & modified the config as you mentioned

I know have my entire array showing up under data disk usage!

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I use unraid since a few months now, moved to unraid from proxmox and some freenas systems in order to consolidate some of my it boxes.

I used to have nextcloud on proxmox lxc but now fell in love with nextcloudpi.

I barely hold real data in there since I map the home share of each user into it, but calendar, contacts and stuff stays within. Now I would like to move the hole container to a different host, since my first unraid host is getting pretty slowish and I look for an upgrade of the HW. I have already a second machine in place which could do a temporary hosting of this container, also already moved all other containers successfully, its just this container which does not seem to want to be migrated over. The database goes nuts until I restored all permissions manually and then oc handler crashes, so I decided to opt for a new install which worked flawlessly.

I used the backup function of the ncp panel and exported the backups to an unraid share.

I deployed a new ncp container and tried to restore the nextcloud backup from the unraid share:

Can only restore from ext/btrfs filesystems

the unraidshare is btrfs and mounted into the container.

The ncp config has been restored successfully though.

Is there a way to cope with this since I would need this task at least 2 more times in the near future?

Thankfully there is a workaround to do this manually, not more then 2 hours of clicking and such, but I would appreciate more if would work this way by exporting the nc config from one host and importing it to another and voila, at least all users should be there, that would already help a lot.

Thanks

Edited by nonamenogame

Problem is solved. now the export/import works, not straightforward but with as little config as possible.

Here is a little howto in case somebody else needs it.

a) Create a backup from ncp and nextcloud as such, you will receive a ncp-config_xxyyzzzz.tar and a nextcloud-bkp.....tar.gz

b) scp both files to a share/folder on your unraid via dockercli

c) on the new machine install nextcloudpi container as usual from scratch with all needed settings. Start the container, activate Nextcloud

d) use dockercli from the newly created container and scp the backupfiles back to your /data directory

e) install vim with apt install vim in the dockercli

f) edit the ncp-restore file which is located in /data/bin and comment the line that says "grep -q -e ext -e btrfs <( stat -fc%T "$TMPDIR" ) || { echo "Can only restore from ext/btrfs filesystems" >&2; exit 1; }"  I have found the solution from here: https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloudpi/issues/780

g) perform Ncp-Import pointing to the file you have copied in d)

h) perform a nexctcloud restore pointing to the larger backupfile

done

Edited by nonamenogame
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm having trouble getting this docker to install.  Upon Applying the template settings it downloads and extracts the necessary files, and then I get this in the Command section:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nextcloudpi' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '80:80/tcp' -p '443:443/tcp' -p '4443:4443/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloudpi':'/data':'rw' 'ownyourbits/nextcloudpi' myIPaddressRemoved

acb979888edef461c0998bb13335e2d18f0c7ef0be3a96a74d1b8044f7ad8244
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nextcloudpi (b4d3d453c0adb0f0e12d3a8a555bae0c71f702cc6d06184677346e5fe448f6e8): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Upon reading the thread above, I tried changing WebUI setting from "https://[IP]:[PORT:443]/" to "https://192.168.68.114:443/", but that didn't work and I don't think that is necessary, right?  Anyway, it seems like it is saying Port 80 is in use?  If I look at the Docker allocations it does not show Port 80 being used by my other Dockers (unless 8080 counts for DirSyncPro?).  I'm not real familiar with how ports work, but can I just change the ports to whatever I want?  I noticed some people above were using 801, 4431, etc.

Edited by zero_koop
14 hours ago, zero_koop said:

Anyway, it seems like it is saying Port 80 is in use?  

Actually, it is : Network Type is set to "bridge", so you're trying to assign port 80 to this container, already used by Unraid's webui! 2 solutions : keep it in bridge mode, and use different ports for Http and Https (not 80 or 443 then : you can use 1080 or 1443 for instance), or change network type to br0 and assign a static ip address outside DHCP range in "Fixed ip adress" field. You do not need to change WebUI field. 

14 hours ago, zero_koop said:

I'm not real familiar with how ports work, but can I just change the ports to whatever I want?

Have a look to some local networking introduction course, and then to some content to understand how Unraid and docker are dealing with network. It'll be very useful, and necessary if you're setting up long term services such as nextcloud which needs reliability and accessibility at any given time. 

To begin with : an IP adress has available any ports between 1 and 65535 to communicate (receive/send) with other IP adresses. Some ports are used by common services, such as SSH on 22, Http on 80, Https 443... You cannot use the same ip with the same port to host two different services.

When you're dealing with web services, such as Nextcloud, and you're trying to access it through your web browser : if you're not using standard Http and Https port, then you have to specify the port you want to connect to.

For instance, if my Nextcloud service is using port 14443 for https, and uses IP 192.168.0.25, then I would have to type "https://192.168.0.25:14443" to access it. If I only type "https://192.168.0.25", I'm implicitely trying to contact nextcloud on standard https port, 443, which is not assigned to nextcloud in this example. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I'm following you.  Changing the ports to 801 and 4431 worked.  I'm basically up and running.  I have my phone syncing my photos to the server (my first use case).  In configuring Nextcloud, I setup a new, empty Share as the Data folder and the docker threw a bunch of folders/files in there during setup.  However, am I wrong to assume that I should be able to find those synced photo files by browsing that Share?  I don't see them in any folder.

Edited by zero_koop