[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

5 hours ago, Hasney said:

The first thing is when I go to disk utility to select and format the installation disk it is in another location.

Hi! What do you mean?From what I can see it's fine, installed file are in a virtio block device, installation media (Base system) is attached to a virtual sata controller.

5 hours ago, Hasney said:

After everything is installed and when I login for the first time this warning appears

If you are experiencing crashes or if you are forcing reset this can happen; disk1s5 should be the monterey system disk and probably something is corrupted.

As far as the other things we cannot say anything, try to attach diagnostics, maybe lack of system resources?

I would try to clean macinabox and start from the beginning, without having any docker or other things running to test resources.

8 hours ago, Hasney said:

if you can please take a look to see what you think

Hi, the vm setup seems ok to me.

I noticed some errors in the libvirt log:

virNetClientProgramDispatchError:172 : internal error: No open log file /var/log/libvirt/qemu/Macinabox Monterey.log
virNetClientProgramDispatchError:172 : Unable to write to file /var/log/libvirt/qemu/Macinabox Monterey.log: No space left on device

Since logs are written to ram, maybe you run out of memory?

Apart the hash mismatch error, which could require a reinstallation, try this:

22 hours ago, ghost82 said:

start the vm, without having any docker or other things running to test resources.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:33 AM, Greenbean said:

hey yall so im trying to pass through my intel uhd 630 graphics to Macinabox Monterey I have followed the latest space invader youtube video. Ive reached a dead end and am getting this error when I try and select my i gpu in the vm edit screen.

VM creation error

XML error: Attempted double use of PCI Address 0000:00:02.0

Hi Greenbean,

Did you manage to get your Macinabox Monterey VM to work with the intel iGPU?

I'm facing issues as well.

I'm seeing the following error message when I try to start the VM while the graphics card is set to Intel UHD Graphics 630 (00:02.0) and the sound card is set to Intel Comet Lake PCH cAVS (00:1f.3).

827602104_ScreenShot2022-03-31at12_15_48.thumb.png.b169d99334fa5517422a120ec73991f5.png

Edited by mjeshurun
On 3/15/2022 at 11:14 AM, Stiibun said:

Excellent tutorial as always.

Though i'm stuck at the part to install the EFI files on the volumes where macOS is installed, in my case High Sierra, as in Opencore Configurator i simply don't see the EFI partitions for where High Sierra is installed.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and was able to solve it?

Schermafbeelding-2022-03-15-om-10-12-04.

I have the same issue, did somebody found a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JamesAdams said:

Hi,

I installe the MacOS Big Sur vm with Macinabox, but i impossible to boot on MacOS i don't see big sur partition :

Capture2.thumb.PNG.093c33f339bdbba24a6a8faeb63ca991.PNG

And if i boot on macOS Base System or macOS Installer i'm redirect to the recovery panel

Disk Utility :

Capture.thumb.PNG.0a02b293119d9167a85a55aabea5c155.PNG

thanks for the help.

you’ll need to click on macOS installer 2 or 3 times while it loops through the install then you will see Big Sur. 

I had been dangling with a lot of issues with my GPU's - almost everything got sorted out. Still Hackintosh fails. 

I am able to install Monterey and access it with VNC as primary GPU. 

When I am passing through my HD7950 (flashed with UEFI supported rom) - I don't get any output. Troubleshooting with VirtManager VNC viewer shows this. 

1345332762_CleanShot2022-04-15at13_52_16.thumb.png.4f55a30f7dd854a301c75498ac11a95d.png 

XML is as follows

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='6' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Macinabox Monterey</name>
  <uuid>763cd8b0-212b-4190-88e1-5e130374054c</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Monterey</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="Monterey.png" os="osx"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>12582912</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>12582912</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='11'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/763cd8b0-212b-4190-88e1-5e130374054c_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none' migratable='on'/>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Macinabox Monterey/macos_disk.img' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='qemu-xhci' ports='15'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x8'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x9'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0xd'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x5'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0xa'/>
      <alias name='pci.5'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='6' port='0xb'/>
      <alias name='pci.6'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='7' model='pcie-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pcie-pci-bridge'/>
      <alias name='pci.7'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='8' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='8' port='0xc'/>
      <alias name='pci.8'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x4'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:54:e6:36'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet5'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-6-Macinabox Monterey/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='disconnected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <audio id='1' type='none'/>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <rom file='/mnt/cache/domains/vbios/Sapphire.HD7950.3072.140108.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='************************'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,+hypervisor,+invtsc,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+avx2,+aes,+fma,+fma4,+bmi1,+bmi2,+xsave,+xsaveopt,+rdrand,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

Enabling Logging gives me this before throwing error

1038273765_CleanShot2022-04-15at14_34_37.thumb.png.a1302da95df3c51162b9d583978d66a5.png

I have no clue on how to read that log.

Edit : Learned how to enable debugging in OC 

OCC: Missing compatible GOP - Not Found
OCC: Missing GOP on ConOut - Unsupported
OCUI: Failed to initialise output

So it seems like my GPU is not read by the OS for some reason. I had already flashed the GPU (HD7950)  with a compatible UEFI rom and passed the rom via QEMU properly - so unsure why its failing. I would like to know if i can fix it by spoofing or defining the GPU ID via SSDT or the kind ? I have limited knowledge about these but i read something of the kind in whatevergreen github page.

Can someone help me resolve this?

Edited by jugaadkabaap
3 hours ago, BeardElk said:

As english is my second language and I´m a new mac user I´m not sure what to google for, but after setting everything up I it always stops so here : Tr0kgz.jpg and I need to manually press enter every single time to get into mac os. 

(High sierra) 

I also get an this error when signing in: ReKCa4.jpg

Hopefully one of you can help me! 

Edit:

I ignored the startup thing (as I didnt see it as relevent to a working machine, just a nice to have) and updated the macosx so I could install nvidia web drivers, tried to add them to opencore under nvram only to see that they were already there, so I shutdown my vm, added my 1050ti, booted it up and everything went Tits the fuck up. 
Now nothing is working, cannot go back to vnc, 1 core is pinged at 100% (i´ve run the helper script multiple times) and its the same behaviour. 

I´m gonna end it here for tonight, pretty mad it all just went up in flames, and I know when I need to stop and just ask for help. 
So now I´m gonna wait and hope one of you can help me! 

Don’t waste any more time

1050Ti Is not supported at all.

you can continue with ONLY VNC or get an AMD or legacy (Kepler series) NVIDIA gpu 

I am running catalina 10.15.4 and have not updated for a long time i have the option to go to MacOs Montery - it says updating requires 16.75 GB of space. I have the option for Catalina 10.15.7 but that says "Your disk does not have enough free space"

updating requires 20.81 gb.  When i check my storage it says i have 13.14 GB available of 68.38GB and that 14.68GB are used by messages. 

I mainly use my vm for imessaging, since its nice and easy compared to using a phone or setting up another mac/monitor and keyboard.  So i probably don't need all the new features or slower? Monterey?

Looking through the forums it looks like it might be safer to my install to not upgrade to montery.

1. Will i have security holes fixed with Catalina upgrade?

2. Can i delete the messages files (videos etc) out of my vm without them being deleted from my phone and ipad? If so is there a special way to do this?

3. Can i increase the size of the vdisk to make enough space to do the upgrade? or would it be easier to delete files?

4. Will the deleted files even make space on my vm? i am reading that there is a problem and whn i deleted my 2.57GB of podcasts it didn't seem to do that.

5. How would i go about backing up my disks and settings in case i wanted to go to Monterey?

6.  Any other advice on how to get upgraded? or should i not worry and just keep using the vm with old MacOS?

Thanks in advance for any help..

I got Monterey up and running perfectly fine, allocated some more CPU cores and RAM, tested again, still worked just fine.

Now I am trying to pass-through my AMD HD7870(along with its HD audio) as the 2nd GPU with VNC as the 1st and I get stuck at the Apple logo, the progress bar gets about 1/3 full and then never goes any further. I also tried with the HD7870 as the only GPU and it also wouldn't boot into macOS.

The HD7870 is still fully and officially supported by Apple as macOS compatible, and I have used it multiple times in bare-metal Hackintoshes. This card should just work™ without needing to do anything special.

This is normally the point where I would take my Opencore USB to another system and add the "verbose" boot flag and try to start troubleshooting. However, I have no idea how to access the "config.plist" file with this setup. Is there a key I can hold down at the boot picker to get verbose output?

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get this VM to boot with the GPU passed through? I have made plenty of bare-metal installs using Opencore before, but it's a little easier to know where something went wrong when you spend hours making the config and adding kexts yourself.

3 hours ago, BeardElk said:

wtf are you on about? 
1050ti is pascal, and pascal is supported on high sierra with nvidia web drivers?? 

I don´t get why you even got to say something if its A) wrong, and B) adds nothing? 

Anywho, can anyone help me with my first "problem"? 
Why doesn't it "autoboot"/why do I have to select the startup disk every time. 
And my second question, whats up with my opencore? 

Okay, sorry. I had no clue you were running High Sierra. 

To answer you (assuming you don't go into rants of swearing ) 

1) You need to use the Open core configurator corresponding to your EFI version. You downloaded latest open core configurator - you need to go back and figure out which version matches your EFI. 

2) Once you figure out your EFI situation, you need to remove your EFI Partition & Installer from your XML config so that it boots from your HDD (in your case 'Hackintosh') and then set time out to something like 1 or 2 seconds via OpenCore Configurator or ProperTree

Misc -> Boot -> Timeout.

Edited by jugaadkabaap

Hello.  I have followed the steps a few times, but am getting the following errors in the logs. When I try to open with novnc, I get no connection.  I googled the error and it seems to deal with the processor, but not sure how to fix this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

-device pcie-root-port,port=0x13,chassis=4,id=pci.4,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x2.0x3 \
-device ich9-usb-ehci1,id=usb,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x7.0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci1,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci2,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=2,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x7.0x1 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci3,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=4,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x7.0x2 \
-device virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.2,addr=0x0 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/Macinabox BigSur/BigSur-opencore.img","node-name":"libvirt-3-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-3-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-3-storage"}' \
-device ide-hd,bus=ide.2,drive=libvirt-3-format,id=sata0-0-2,bootindex=1,write-cache=on \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/isos/BigSur-install.img","node-name":"libvirt-2-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-2-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-2-storage"}' \
-device ide-hd,bus=ide.3,drive=libvirt-2-format,id=sata0-0-3,write-cache=on \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/Macinabox BigSur/macos_disk.img","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' \
-device virtio-blk-pci,bus=pci.3,addr=0x0,drive=libvirt-1-format,id=virtio-disk4,write-cache=on \
-netdev tap,fd=42,id=hostnet0,vhost=on,vhostfd=44 \
-device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:ec:9e:f7,bus=pci.1,addr=0x0 \
-chardev pty,id=charserial0 \
-device isa-serial,chardev=charserial0,id=serial0 \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=45,server,nowait \
-device virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0 \
-device usb-tablet,id=input0,bus=usb.0,port=1 \
-vnc 0.0.0.0:3,websocket=5703 \
-k en-us \
-device qxl-vga,id=video0,ram_size=67108864,vram_size=67108864,vram64_size_mb=0,vgamem_mb=16,max_outputs=1,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1 \
-usb \
-device usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0 \
-device '************************' \
-smbios type=2 \
-cpu Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,+hypervisor,+invtsc,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+avx2,+aes,+fma,+fma4,+bmi1,+bmi2,+xsave,+xsaveopt,+rdrand,check \
-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
2022-04-22 01:31:51.373+0000: Domain id=18 is tainted: high-privileges
2022-04-22 01:31:51.373+0000: Domain id=18 is tainted: custom-argv
2022-04-22 01:31:51.373+0000: Domain id=18 is tainted: host-cpu
char device redirected to /dev/pts/4 (label charserial0)
2022-04-22T01:31:51.439983Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.01H:ECX.pcid [bit 17]
2022-04-22T01:31:51.440015Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.fma4 [bit 16]
2022-04-22T01:31:51.441263Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.01H:ECX.pcid [bit 17]
2022-04-22T01:31:51.441269Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.fma4 [bit 16]

2022-04-22T01:31:51.439983Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.01H:ECX.pcid [bit 17]

2022-04-22T01:31:51.440015Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.fma4 [bit 16]

2022-04-22T01:31:51.441263Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.01H:ECX.pcid [bit 17]

2022-04-22T01:31:51.441269Z qemu-system-x86_64: warning: host doesn't support requested feature: CPUID.80000001H:ECX.fma4 [bit 16]

These are not errors, they are warnings that the CPUs you are passing to the VM don't support the functions represented by bit 16 (FMA4) and 17 (PCID). You see each warning twice because you are passing 2 CPUs. They are not the cause of your issues.

1 hour ago, cat2devnull said:

These are not errors, they are warnings that the CPUs you are passing to the VM don't support the functions represented by bit 16 (FMA4) and 17 (PCID). You see each warning twice because you are passing 2 CPUs. They are not the cause of your issues.

Thank you.  I am trying to figure out then what the issue is as I have no connection through novnc

On 4/15/2022 at 10:55 AM, jugaadkabaap said:

I had been dangling with a lot of issues with my GPU's - almost everything got sorted out. Still Hackintosh fails. 

I am able to install Monterey and access it with VNC as primary GPU. 

When I am passing through my HD7950 (flashed with UEFI supported rom) - I don't get any output. Troubleshooting with VirtManager VNC viewer shows this. 

1345332762_CleanShot2022-04-15at13_52_16.thumb.png.4f55a30f7dd854a301c75498ac11a95d.png 

XML is as follows

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='6' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Macinabox Monterey</name>
  <uuid>763cd8b0-212b-4190-88e1-5e130374054c</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Monterey</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="Monterey.png" os="osx"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>12582912</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>12582912</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='11'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/763cd8b0-212b-4190-88e1-5e130374054c_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none' migratable='on'/>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Macinabox Monterey/macos_disk.img' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='qemu-xhci' ports='15'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x8'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x9'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0xd'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x5'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0xa'/>
      <alias name='pci.5'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='6' port='0xb'/>
      <alias name='pci.6'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='7' model='pcie-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pcie-pci-bridge'/>
      <alias name='pci.7'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='8' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='8' port='0xc'/>
      <alias name='pci.8'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x4'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:54:e6:36'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet5'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-6-Macinabox Monterey/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='disconnected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <audio id='1' type='none'/>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <rom file='/mnt/cache/domains/vbios/Sapphire.HD7950.3072.140108.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='************************'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,+hypervisor,+invtsc,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+avx2,+aes,+fma,+fma4,+bmi1,+bmi2,+xsave,+xsaveopt,+rdrand,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

Enabling Logging gives me this before throwing error

1038273765_CleanShot2022-04-15at14_34_37.thumb.png.a1302da95df3c51162b9d583978d66a5.png

I have no clue on how to read that log.

Edit : Learned how to enable debugging in OC 

OCC: Missing compatible GOP - Not Found
OCC: Missing GOP on ConOut - Unsupported
OCUI: Failed to initialise output

So it seems like my GPU is not read by the OS for some reason. I had already flashed the GPU (HD7950)  with a compatible UEFI rom and passed the rom via QEMU properly - so unsure why its failing. I would like to know if i can fix it by spoofing or defining the GPU ID via SSDT or the kind ? I have limited knowledge about these but i read something of the kind in whatevergreen github page.

Can someone help me resolve this?

Happy to report that I could get everything working on Monterey. It took a solid week but at the end all is well. 

As of now, 

GPU (HD7950) running fine on Monterey with no reset bug.
Onboard Wifi working
Onboard Bluetooth working

Onboard Audio working

iMessage working

Improvements to be worked on 

AirDrop & Continuity - not yet working
Geekbench scores aren't great - need to fine tune them. 

But overall happy :)

2 hours ago, BeardElk said:

Ah, Thank you! 

Yeah I just followed spaceinvaderone;s guide on how to install mac os as a vm on unraid, and downloaded the latest opencore. 
I´ve had it running after I´ve removed the EFI partition and installer from my xml, but I've haven't done anything other then "specify mac type" on opencore config! 

Edit: Question, how do I figure out which opencore corresponds with my EFI? 

Go through changelog and find the one corresponding to your EFI. 

If you installed macinabox (new version) very recently you will be at Opencore 0.79 and corresponding configurator should be 2.57

• Thanks 1

Hey all, I could use some help. 

I got to this point in the Macinabox Install Guide (see video), but now my VNC is just showing a black screen. And every now and then it flashes a screen that says Titan on it.  Not sure where I want wrong. 

LOG

-overcommit mem-lock=off \
-smp 8,sockets=1,dies=1,cores=4,threads=2 \
-uuid 10e99aac-6a53-4268-ac41-58916ae8cc3c \
-no-user-config \
-nodefaults \
-chardev socket,id=charmonitor,fd=31,server,nowait \
-mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control \
-rtc base=utc,driftfix=slew \
-global kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=delay \
-no-hpet \
-no-shutdown \
-boot strict=on \
-device pcie-root-port,port=0x12,chassis=3,id=pci.3,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x2.0x2 \
-device pcie-root-port,port=0x10,chassis=1,id=pci.1,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x2 \
-device pcie-root-port,port=0x11,chassis=2,id=pci.2,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x2.0x1 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci1,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x7 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci2,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=2,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x7.0x1 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/Macinabox BigSur/macos_disk.img","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-blockdev '{"node-name":"libvirt-1-format","read-only":false,"cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"driver":"raw","file":"libvirt-1-storage"}' \
-device ide-hd,bus=ide.2,drive=libvirt-1-format,id=sata0-0-2,bootindex=1,write-cache=on \
-netdev tap,fd=33,id=hostnet0,vhost=on,vhostfd=34 \
-device virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:10:9a:4d,bus=pci.1,addr=0x0 \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=36,server,nowait \
-device virtserialport,bus=virtio-serial0.0,nr=1,chardev=charchannel0,id=channel0,name=org.qemu.guest_agent.0 \
-vnc 0.0.0.0:0,websocket=5700 \
-k en-us \
-device qxl-vga,id=video0,ram_size=67108864,vram_size=67108864,vram64_size_mb=0,vgamem_mb=16,max_outputs=1,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1 \
-device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.3,addr=0x0 \
-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny \
-msg timestamp=on
2022-04-25 03:11:52.277+0000: Domain id=7 is tainted: high-privileges
2022-04-25 03:11:52.277+0000: Domain id=7 is tainted: host-cpu
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)

Edited by cypres0099
  • 2 weeks later...

Well.  I'm stuck.  

Once running system (Mojave) is now failing to boot.   (open spoiler to see logs)

Spoiler
-mon chardev=charmonitor,id=monitor,mode=control \
-rtc base=utc,driftfix=slew \
-global kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=delay \
-no-hpet \
-no-shutdown \
-boot strict=on \
-device pcie-root-port,port=0x10,chassis=1,id=pci.1,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,addr=0x2 \
-device pcie-root-port,port=0x11,chassis=2,id=pci.2,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x2.0x1 \
-device pcie-root-port,port=0x12,chassis=3,id=pci.3,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x2.0x2 \
-device ich9-usb-uhci2,masterbus=usb.0,firstport=2,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x7.0x1 \
-blockdev '{"driver":"file","filename":"/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxLazarus/macos_disk.img","node-name":"libvirt-1-storage","cache":{"direct":false,"no-flush":false},"auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}' \
-device ide-hd,bus=ide.2,drive=libvirt-1-format,id=sata0-0-2,bootindex=1,write-cache=on \
-netdev tap,fd=39,id=hostnet0 \
-device e1000-82545em,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:52:1f:d2,bus=pci.1,addr=0x0 \
-chardev socket,id=charchannel0,fd=40,server,nowait \
-vnc 0.0.0.0:1,websocket=5701 \
-k en-us \
-device virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.3,addr=0x0 \
-usb \
-device usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0 \
-device '************************' \
-smbios type=2 \
-cpu Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+aes,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check \
-msg timestamp=on
2022-05-09 19:46:02.389+0000: Domain id=37 is tainted: high-privileges
2022-05-09 19:46:02.389+0000: Domain id=37 is tainted: custom-argv
2022-05-09 19:46:02.389+0000: Domain id=37 is tainted: host-cpu
char device redirected to /dev/pts/4 (label charserial0)

I've tried editing the XML in the gui to "re bork" it and then allowing the helper script to finish it.  Helper script says it's done its thing.  But VM won't even try to boot.

Really don't want to have to redo this whole thing if possible. 

Any help?

2022-05-09 14_48_38-Window.png

Edited by tiny-e

Hi Team,

I have been able to get BigSur up and running (with GPU passthrough) - was suprisingly easy with the instructions!

When I try and get Monetery installed (using VNC) can't get very far. I get stuck in boot loop and can't even get in to installer. After I select below, get loading with apple logo (for 1-2 seconds) and then it returns to below. Have tried different Machine types (ranging from 4.2 through to Q35 6.0) with no success. Given BigSur worked with no issues, assume it isn't hardware compatibiity issue.  Have tested changing the install Vdisk back to BigSur install img and it gets to install prompts with no issue but as soon as revert to Monterey install img, no luck. Have also tried remove macinabox, all app data and iso/domain folders with no success either.

Has anyone identified any naunces with installing Monterey? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as driving me crazy not knowing why can't get this version to work :(

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.15.59.png

Edited by Rutj87
Extra info
4 hours ago, Exlife said:

Сan show screen from 4 virtual machines on one monitor ?

This is not explained in details and what it has to do with macinabox :D

At the same time and each vm with its gpu?

Yes, as far as I know only if the monitor supports 'picture in picture' or some monitor split function and obviously has at least 4 video inputs.

With third party applications, like synergy (paid app), it's also possible to share mouse/keyboard in all the vms.

It will be something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9u1vX-pvLs

however in that video he's connecting 4 different pcs, in this case you will connect 4 different gpus installed in one server, each passed through to a vm.

Or...if you run your primary vm with gpu passed through on the monitor and then you connect to the other 3 vms with some sort of remote desktop, then you can arrange the remote desktop windows as you want in the monitor.

So, specify what you want to achieve clearly, in a new discussion.

Edited by ghost82