[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

You did not understand me. I have been successfully using VM for half a year already, more than 10 VMs. To change the configuration (mouse, keyboard, cpu, ram), I change the xml profile of the vm in notepad. The helper script works for me only once, if I use it again, I get a black screen

PS: Good avatar 😃 i like Dexter )

14 minutes ago, Exlife said:

You did not understand me. I have been successfully using VM for half a year already, more than 10 VMs. To change the configuration (mouse, keyboard, cpu, ram), I change the xml profile of the vm in notepad. The helper script works for me only once, if I use it again, I get a black screen

PS: Good avatar 😃 i like Dexter )

have you updated the macinabox container and forgot to delete the script? Does the script say First install yes/no?

me too ;)

Edited by Benedict Eich

first I thought you are suffering from the amd reset bug. but since you have a Nvidia gpu....hm could be Nvidia driver related...

I didn't know that Nvidia GPUs work on BigSur. I would try it without passing through the gpu. 

also I would run opencore configurator and edit the config.plist file and put it on my EFI partition and after that you can boot directly from the vdisk.

Edited by Benedict Eich
31 minutes ago, HubertusPrime said:

Thank you very much. Thats how i did it. But it didn‘t solve the problem. Any other ideas why there is no connection to apple servers?

my serial number is invalid. That‘s the first thing i double checked. Should i try to use a different config? I used the 2013 Mac Pro like in the tutorial

Hm no I don’t think this makes a difference. With these two settings it works for me. Maybe you have to login again or you have to reinstall the VM because of the failed login attempt. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:48 PM, Benedict Eich said:

Hm no I don’t think this makes a difference. With these two settings it works for me. Maybe you have to login again or you have to reinstall the VM because of the failed login attempt. 

Appstore login in working. Everything else tested, too. Only logging in to messaging/cloud service does not work. 

Thank you so much for this !  Definitely and least expensive to get a MACos box going!  I followed all the instructions in the Video and start off the VM.  Unfortunately all I get is the APPLE ICON ... and then that is it. Left it on for the night .. still nothing.

Anyone has an idea what the issue may be?

NB: this happens for all versions available in macinabox.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I've a strange problem. I was able to run macinabox for some weeks. Yesterday I restarted unraid und my VM does not start anymore. I think I have nothing changed.

After starting the vm and selecting the disk I receive the message "Your computer restarted because of a problem". So actually I'm not able to start the mac.

I'v also run the userscript without change of the problem.

I'v deleted the vm (without vdisk) and recreated it with the scripts without change of the problem.

Any idea how I can get it working again without losing my data?

Thanks