[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

11 hours ago, bastl said:

@SpaceInvaderOne After updating to the latest release, FCP gives me the following error:

Also worth to mention, there are a couple shinobi paths in the template now which i never added myself. Also I never used shinobi before.

Please goto docker tab and scroll to the bottom. Then click add container.

At the top of the page now click add template and choose macinabox

1633544441_ScreenShot2020-04-09at20_34_11.thumb.png.5d241a9b61c0774cbe4bf7a7b5a3a215.png

Then when the template is open click on the red x  (this will delete the stored template)

959438689_ScreenShot2020-04-09at20_36_07.thumb.png.e6c90b1524a88795c689addb12a1b1ba.png

Now just goto the apps tab and redownload the container. It will now redownload the template too as it has been deleted from above steps.

Should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent app and tutorial.

One question I have in relation to the "First time boot"

I eventually want to pass my video card through. I know with Windows it doesnt matter if you go from using VNC to adding a video card later as it will simply detect new hardware. Whats the process for this OS. I have a Mac book but you cant very well replace parts on those things so I dont know how the OS handles that.

Also the fix common problems app came up with an error "Docker application MacinaBox has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option"  something to be concerned about?

Edited by JWMutant

I have everything working but cannot get MacOS to update to 10.15.4. It says Update Now, restarts, Clover comes up using boot from untitled, and it takes me back to the login screen. Should I be opting for a different clover option to allow this os update to happen? Thanks

Hey all,

So I just got finished setting up this docker/VM for the wife and everything is going swimmingly (so far!).  I've passed through a Radeon 570, as well as a USB controller without issue.  However I have the disk hosted on a NVMe drive and am not seeing the performance I'm expecting.  For comparison I'm seeing nearly 4 times the performance on an equivalent Windows 10 VM.  I suspect the limiting factor is having to use the SATA interface for the drive... is their anyway to change it so that it's still picked up by Catalina?

Thanks in advance!

~Spritz

Hi,

Is there a way to install another MacOS vm?

I tried this several times with changed appdata and basesystem folders on the second MacOS vm. It seems that it is not made a new vdisk for the second vm, but refers to the first vm vdisk. 

What is the correct way for a second vm?

Happy for any help.

/frode

Apologies about a second post prior to getting an answer to my first post, but I've just been thinking.  Is it possible to do further tweaking to maximize performance once the VM is built? @SpaceInvaderOne perhaps similar to the windows VM tweaking video you did, but using the assumption that people are building the Mac VM based upon this docker?

~Spritz

Great tool - worked like a charm, I have changed the cpu count and menory allocation, and it boots as it should.

I have one problem, the netcard is giving me full download speed (500MB/sek) but the upload is all broken at like 0.5 - I have tried what I could think of.  My network looks like below. I have tried with both names vmxnet and the other in the guide. Same result.

<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='xx:xx:00:d2:xx:25'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet1'/>
      <model type='vmxnet3'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>

36 minutes ago, skumkaninen said:

Great tool - worked like a charm, I have changed the cpu count and menory allocation, and it boots as it should.

I have one problem, the netcard is giving me full download speed (500MB/sek) but the upload is all broken at like 0.5 - I have tried what I could think of.  My network looks like below. I have tried with both names vmxnet and the other in the guide. Same result.

<source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet1'/>
      <model type='vmxnet3'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
    </interface>

Try changing your NIC to e1000-82545em.

~Spritz

3 minutes ago, Spritzup said:

Try changing your NIC to e1000-82545em.

~Spritz

Hi thanx - I did that allready, I just maybe did not explain that right, but I started with the e1000 - and changed it due to the strange performance, but no change. I have other Windows VM's running and they have no problems.

12 hours ago, skumkaninen said:

Hi thanx - I did that allready, I just maybe did not explain that right, but I started with the e1000 - and changed it due to the strange performance, but no change. I have other Windows VM's running and they have no problems.

Just talked to another user, same problem on his macinabox machine, out of the box without any changes, speed down is ok, speed up is below 1Mb/sek

Hello,

Thank you for this great dock. I'm using it since release and very satisfied.

I noticed one issue I can't resolve myself and can't find anything has the same. 

USB not working properly. I tried to put Cord Mojo sound DAC to USB. I use it on Macbook out of the box with great experience.

Sound started and then after 2-3 second become to interrupt and hiss. Usually I use HDMI audio from ATI graphic card without issues.

I've tested another USB sound. DELL USB monitor panel. Problem the same, 1-3 seconds sound and then distortions.

OK, I go on other tests :). I put USB Flash and tried to work with it on DISK UTILITY. Everything was ok, I formate flash BUT then i tried to put files on it it disconnects! 

I don't have problem with USB keyboard and mouse. Its look like then USB works a little bit harder it becomes unstable.

Today I tried everything with SATA3 PCIe controller passed thought (chip model VL805-q6). I was sure it will help.

Problem is the same! Keyboard mouse works super, I can plug em in and out. Flash works on browsing, but then i copy files it diconnects, and sound from USB devices works with interrupts and distortions. :(

19 hours ago, skumkaninen said:

<source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet1'/>
      <model type='vmxnet3'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
    </interface>

Try to address this device like it is internal to MacOS.

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0xPUTSOMEFREESLOTHERE' function='0x0'/>

11 minutes ago, AlexSolo said:

Hello,

Thank you for this great dock. I'm using it since release and very satisfied.

I noticed one issue I can't resolve myself and can't find anything has the same. 

USB not working properly. I tried to put Cord Mojo sound DAC to USB. I use it on Macbook out of the box with great experience.

Sound started and then after 2-3 second become to interrupt and hiss. Usually I use HDMI audio from ATI graphic card without issues.

I've tested another USB sound. DELL USB monitor panel. Problem the same, 1-3 seconds sound and then distortions.

OK, I go on other tests :). I put USB Flash and tried to work with it on DISK UTILITY. Everything was ok, I formate flash BUT then i tried to put files on it it disconnects! 

I don't have problem with USB keyboard and mouse. Its look like then USB works a little bit harder it becomes unstable.

Today I tried everything with SATA3 PCIe controller passed thought (chip model VL805-q6). I was sure it will help.

Problem is the same! Keyboard mouse works super, I can plug em in and out. Flash works on browsing, but then i copy files it diconnects, and sound from USB devices works with interrupts and distortions. :(

Sounds like a power issue to usb ports..Are you passing through the whole usb controller or each single device?

You may need to add the aml file for usb power/EC injections.

Have a look here:

3 hours ago, ghost82 said:

Sounds like a power issue to usb ports..Are you passing through the whole usb controller or each single device?

You may need to add the aml file for usb power/EC injections.

Have a look here:

Thanks for reply! Since my last message I did "100 things" I found in Internet and aml file too. And I don't know what really helped. Now I can work with USB devices like disks and flash without issues. PCI-e USB3 now works well.

USB sound issue is the same.

1 hour ago, ghost82 said:

does it mean you still have issues or that you solved?

I solved USB flash disks. Now I cant copy out/to them and they don't disconnect.

USB sound DELL Soundbar and Cord Hugo still don't work, 1-3 sound and then interrupts and distortion. Like some buffer is over buffered.

I managed to get the initial install all working fine, logged in, had internet etc.

Wanted to change the CPU to use a different 2 cores (4 threads).
Stopped the VM, copied the required XML section so I don't lose it. Then changed the CPU's like so:

2135744531_ScreenShot2020-04-20at4_29_28pm.png.67e0dca8946e5ee25ca0272efd12aa7c.png

797141000_ScreenShot2020-04-20at4_29_51pm.png.82163f4b03f5dcbc324c4c95649d7bfa.png

Updated network interface, and pasted the XML section at the bottom:

262350462_ScreenShot2020-04-20at4_30_24pm.png.9aec3555d3d8cfdce09ba3f46792ebaa.png

1209699772_ScreenShot2020-04-20at4_30_32pm.thumb.png.d620082422ae61323aba370fe32e1c48.png

Now it appears to boot, and I can open VNC. However it looks like this on every browser:

112003032_ScreenShot2020-04-20at4_23_59pm.thumb.png.de6c797378df2e639c46055244f6ea67.png

Any ideas what I could've done wrong? It's sort of working as I can see the small mouse moving on all those little screens.
Any tips would be much appreciated!