[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

I've install this quite a few times now... but still can't either create a new apple id, or use an existing one... I get errors that I've either 1) when I try and create a new id, that "This mac has been used to create too many new Apple IDs" or 2) when I try to login either it tell's me before even any phone verification that my account limit has been reached, or this time just once, and I thought it was going to work, it allowed me the sms verification, and then told me that "My account limit has been reached". Logged into the web page with the same account I had 0 and then this new mac computer that I'm trying to login registered as the only computer.

I'm very confused :), new to mac, if anyone has any suggestions ? Is it connected with this special key which can't be pasted here on the forum ? I used the default values created by the docker container.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, ChangeMan said:

Is it connected with this special key which can't be pasted here on the forum ?

Hi, no it's not related to the oskey, that is useful for the smc.

You probably didn't change the smbios platform data, especially the mlb, uuid and serial keys.

As you other people tried to login or create apple ids with the same platform data, this explains the error.

Platform data are stored in the bootloader, clover or opencore, clover is in macinabox by default if you didn't change it.

So you need to configure platform data in clover most probably.

There are many tutorials around.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:17 AM, rachid596 said:

Change résolution of you ovmf bios.

that needs to be changed at every damn reboots? and twice!:

1-You need to change the rez to 1920x1080 then boot then restart

2-You need to change the rez back to 1280x800

kinda freaking sucks!

7 minutes ago, flic said:

that needs to be changed at every damn reboots? and twice!:

kinda freaking sucks!

This happened to me once when I edited the xml incorrectly. I rebuilt the vm very carefully and no longer had to change the res 2 times each boot. 

13 hours ago, ghost82 said:

So you need to configure platform data in clover most probably.

There are many tutorials around.

Thanks, this makes sense, but I've watched the original tutorial a few times now and been searching for anything on how to configure "clover platform data", and not found anything yet. Any links or more hints you could give ?

I understand the binary somehow needs to be modified with a program ? Or is it just changing the custom text at the end of xml file ?

11 minutes ago, ChangeMan said:

Any links or more hints you could give ?

Download clover configurator on the vm, start the app and mount the EFI partition where clover is, open config.plist on that partition in clover configurator and change the smbios data (make a backup of the config.plist first), then save the config.plist

No binary or xml to change, it's the config.plist file in the clover EFI partition.

Edited by ghost82
  • Like 1

I have a problem with Macinabox, after the installation I would like to set the language to German according to the instructions, but then I can no longer start the VM. I have already performed the instructions at least 10 times after the video by Spaceinvader. Where do I make the mistake, have no idea. In the VM "Catalina" I can select the German keyboard, but it doesn't work.

Edited by thilo
12 hours ago, thilo said:

I have a problem with Macinabox, after the installation I would like to set the language to German according to the instructions, but then I can no longer start the VM. I have already performed the instructions at least 10 times after the video by Spaceinvader. Where do I make the mistake, have no idea. In the VM "Catalina" I can select the German keyboard, but it doesn't work.

Hi write me in German and send me your xml config please. i change the wrong line.

And today i can't install a vm with Macinabox. dmg2img make file incorrupt.

Edited by angelstriker
10 minutes ago, angelstriker said:

hi. bitte ohne rtf. Also reine datei ohne das es schon mit den editor geöffnet hast denn er convertiert es dir dan schon um.

Nutze am besten Notepad++ in zukunft für dateien

1 hour ago, thilo said:

Hallo, ich bin neu hier, ich kopiere hier die xml rein, hoffe das passt so.

Macinabox Catalina xml.rtf 7 kB · 1 download

Hallo,

Ihr wisst das wir hier seit kurzem einen deutschen Bereich hier im Forum haben, bitte wenn auf deutsch gepostet wird dann dort. ;)

Hello,

I am running bare metal Hackintosh without any problem, but I would like to switch to unRaid VM machine. I've manage to install Macinabox VM with Catalina and it works fine with VNC. I have Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5700 XT 8G, 8GB GDDR6 but I have problem to pass it trough.

Did anyone manage to do that?

UPDATE:

ok so I've manage passthrough but when I confirm boot to mac os ion clover screen looks like this:

IMG_3335.thumb.jpg.e53319805e7c17ecda63965b886e2cb6.jpg

everything is in upper part of screen - in like 10cm of the screen

Thank you.

Edited by podlipny
typos
On 7/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, podlipny said:

Hello,

I am running bare metal Hackintosh without any problem, but I would like to switch to unRaid VM machine. I've manage to install Macinabox VM with Catalina and it works fine with VNC. I have Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5700 XT 8G, 8GB GDDR6 but I have problem to pass it trough.

Did anyone manage to do that?

UPDATE:

ok so I've manage passthrough but when I confirm boot to mac os ion clover screen looks like this:

IMG_3335.thumb.jpg.e53319805e7c17ecda63965b886e2cb6.jpg

everything is in upper part of screen - in like 10cm of the screen

Thank you.

kinda freaking sucks!