[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

ok, after some reading and may taking a look what could be the reason(s) for no audio, here some things i tried in opencore configurator after changing to multifunction like @SpaceInvaderOne suggested.

under Devices i added this device (was not there)

image.thumb.png.d184e99f13e37714a7482527ff641824.png

under Kernel i enabled this Audio patch, was disabled before

image.thumb.png.29982b4111e81bca697d61d94e266139.png

under UEFI i setted PlayChime to auto (was off before) and ticked AudioSupport

image.thumb.png.4c894846654a48605bfd5982e9a93dca.png

of course rebooted after each step

so now i am at the end what u unknown apple user could look for ;), under devices in macos overview there is still no audio device listed

i also reinstalled the driver once, tested on hdmi and DP, but as there is not even a device listed i guess makes no sence to look for drivers or connections,

even its listed as PCI device now ... but not as audio ...

image.png.ef564233bcb5aa14629a4646d5ba6be5.png

image.png.d79f3b4731dabb0525ff8b0d721c02c9.png

if somebody has another idea ;) thanks ahead

1 hour ago, txcpaul said:

So i installed everything but now i want to use my Apple ID but i can't, a window open with the message, communication with server is not possible. Anyone an idea?

Have you made sure the serial number of your VM is not a valid one, as shown in the video?

1 hour ago, txcpaul said:

Is it possible to autostart Bigsur? i want to use it with remote

If you mean you don't want to have to press Return at the boot loader screen there's a link on the previous page describing how to do that using the OpenCore Configurator.

Hey All,

Upon starting from scratch using the latest Macinabox docker, I keep getting Catalina installer when I select Big Sur in the template. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried to delete everything and starting from scratch about 5 times now and it keeps pulling up Catalina.

Update: Method 2 pulled the right installer.

Edited by jiggad369

Use the 2. option to install it. 

So i had to change in Virtmanager from e1000 to virtio, i don't know why but after i could use my ID, thx John_M it's working with direct boot now.

But now i have another issue, if I'm going to use my GPU 1060, the system is in slow motion, i tried with the gpu bios dump and without, in Windows the GPU is running without any problems. 

2 hours ago, jiggad369 said:

Hey All,

Upon starting from scratch using the latest Macinabox docker, I keep getting Catalina installer when I select Big Sur in the template. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried to delete everything and starting from scratch about 5 times now and it keeps pulling up Catalina.

Update: Method 2 pulled the right installer.

I'm having the exact same issue. Frustrating...I've verified I don't have any Catalina install images on my array, so no clue where it is coming from unless it is downloading the wrong thing

On 12/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, alturismo said:

ok, after some reading and may taking a look what could be the reason(s) for no audio, here some things i tried in opencore configurator after changing to multifunction like @SpaceInvaderOne suggested.

under Devices i added this device (was not there)

under Kernel i enabled this Audio patch, was disabled before

under UEFI i setted PlayChime to auto (was off before) and ticked AudioSupport

of course rebooted after each step

so now i am at the end what u unknown apple user could look for ;), under devices in macos overview there is still no audio device listed

i also reinstalled the driver once, tested on hdmi and DP, but as there is not even a device listed i guess makes no sence to look for drivers or connections,

even its listed as PCI device now ... but not as audio ...

if somebody has another idea ;) thanks ahead

thanks to @derpuma who pointed me to voodooHDA to bypass now the issue and audio via hdmi is working without any changes needed to EFI etc ... works directly after installation and reboot. tested with a fresh install (without all my already done mods).

so in case anyone has also no hdmi audio issue with nvidia 1030 on high sierra and cant find a solution ... may as hint thanks to @derpuma

Hello, I've been trying to install Big Sur using Macinabox on my server and after I run the helper script and go to run the VM I get the following error:

operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd

image.png.b2d5741e53e87d3458f86d5a502e9dc2.png

Has anyone dealt with this error and know how to fix it. Two things to note I am running a Ryzen 3 3200g (4 cores 4 threads) so maybe there is some incompatibility issue although I doubt it. Also I have previously tried switching the allocated cores from 0 and 1 to 2 and 3 and gotten the VM started but I just get a static screen with an apple logo (no loading/progress bar) when I open it in VNC and nothing happens. Maybe it's because I have another windows VM that uses cores 2 and 3 (I did not have that VM on during install or starting the Maxinabox VM). Not sure what's going one please help!

1 hour ago, rohram04 said:

Hello, I've been trying to install Big Sur using Macinabox on my server and after I run the helper script and go to run the VM I get the following error:

operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd

image.png.b2d5741e53e87d3458f86d5a502e9dc2.png

Has anyone dealt with this error and know how to fix it. Two things to note I am running a Ryzen 3 3200g (4 cores 4 threads) so maybe there is some incompatibility issue although I doubt it. Also I have previously tried switching the allocated cores from 0 and 1 to 2 and 3 and gotten the VM started but I just get a static screen with an apple logo (no loading/progress bar) when I open it in VNC and nothing happens. Maybe it's because I have another windows VM that uses cores 2 and 3 (I did not have that VM on during install or starting the Maxinabox VM). Not sure what's going one please help!

I also got that error. I deleted the custom_ovmf folder and started over.

I would also set it up using the default configuration - it will be slow, but it will work - and then once the OS is installed and working, you can edit the hardware, edit the helper script and run it again. That's what I've just done - trying to give the machine more cores and running helper before the initial setup was done did not work for me.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MorsePacific said:

I also got that error. I deleted the custom_ovmf folder and started over.

I would also set it up using the default configuration - it will be slow, but it will work - and then once the OS is installed and working, you can edit the hardware, edit the helper script and run it again. That's what I've just done - trying to give the machine more cores and running helper before the initial setup was done did not work for me.

Thank You so much, it worked! I deleted the ovmf file, and then had to switch to method 2 and run the helper script.

Edited by rohram04
On 12/22/2020 at 12:15 PM, dja said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Frustrating...I've verified I don't have any Catalina install images on my array, so no clue where it is coming from unless it is downloading the wrong thing

I have tried changing to method 2 and it still defaults to catalina. Does anyone know what to do?

13 hours ago, alturismo said:

thanks to @derpuma who pointed me to voodooHDA to bypass now the issue and audio via hdmi is working without any changes needed to EFI etc ... works directly after installation and reboot. tested with a fresh install (without all my already done mods).

so in case anyone has also no hdmi audio issue with nvidia 1030 on high sierra and cant find a solution ... may as hint thanks to @derpuma

Was there any trick to getting this installed? I have copied the voodooHDA kext to the kext folder and also added the kext file to the kernel.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, WeiYanZhen said:

OH!! GOD!! I think I solved the problem of Missing GOP in GPU passthrough on my PC.

I am very excited at this monment, So let me talk about what I did

1. My MB is MSI B450m Motar MAX, it's doesn't need to close CSM, just boot unraid in UEFI mode :)
  2. My GPU is RX5500 XT so i add agdpmod=pikera in the NVRAM boot-args of the config.plist
    i have add the vbios in the xml config(but i don't think so it's the reason) from TechpowerUP
    image.png.f01fa3617f9e201a4e0eebd3dc4cb3d8.png 

Hi WeiYanThen,

how did you add the agdpmod = pikera in opencore?

On 12/22/2020 at 11:26 PM, jiggad369 said:

I'm getting the same.

On 12/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, steve1977 said:

And yet another issue:

2020-12-20 18:18:35,036 Selected macOS Product: 001-86606
/Macinabox/unraid.sh: line 273: /Macinabox/tools/FetchMacOS/BaseSystem/SharedSupport.dmg: Permission denied

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, J05u said:

I got Catalina downloaded instead of Big Sur :(  but all files named as Big Sur

Same. I now have catalina (instead of Big Sur which is what I chose) running though and I see the apple update thing for Big Sur. Can I update from with Mac OS Catalna to Big Sur or is that gonna cause problems?

**EDIT**

I completely deleted then reinstalled the container with method 2 instead of just changing after the vm was installed and it worked.

Edited by rohram04
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1