[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

16 minutes ago, Mirtl213 said:

Hey i Replaced the open core.img and i have also a Bootloop.....

i can't believe IT! 

this screen came before bootloop

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-10 um 17.19.58.png

Mount my OpenCore.img in unraid, open EFI/OC/config.plist and change target from 0 to 83.

Reboot your vm and let it hang, then force shutdown.

Remount the OpenCore.img in unraid go to EFI folder and upload here the generated txt log.

Share your xml.

how is the Command for Mount opencore.img? 

fdisk -l     ?? but wich path should i try? I'm a Linux newbie.....:-) 

is there a plugin for Mounting the OpenCore.img?

another Thing makes me wondering, when i´ve installed the MACINABOX Plugin sometimes I've had two VM´s Catalina &Big Sur, so i Think there is some wrong files in many Directroys 

thank you for your Help 

martin

19 hours ago, ghost82 said:

You need to enroll the developer beta apple program.

Terminal:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Now if you start system preferences and check for updates you will see on the left that you are enrolled for beta.

To unenroll from developer:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

Hello Ghost,

Ok it downloaded and installed with no problems but still no dice. I guess I will have to wait more to see if it will be supported.

I do want to mention that yesterday when I was still on Catalina there was once that it booted on the Displayport. This was once out of like 5 Catalinas I created but I deleted it since it got stuck after I changed it back to VNC. Was this just a fluke or is there something there?

Edit: Also want to mention that when I turn off the VM I still see the apple logo and progress bar on the screen.

Thanks.

Edited by Ernie11
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Mirtl213 said:

how is the Command for Mount opencore.img? 

fdisk -l     ?? but wich path should i try? I'm a Linux newbie.....:-) 

is there a plugin for Mounting the OpenCore.img?

another Thing makes me wondering, when i´ve installed the MACINABOX Plugin sometimes I've had two VM´s Catalina &Big Sur, so i Think there is some wrong files in many Directroys 

thank you for your Help 

martin

Are you sure you replaced the image and that you didn't mess your xml?It seems strange it loops.

First replace again my image, then open your xml of your vm in unraid in advanced view and double check the path pointing to my image and the name (check capital non capital characters too).

It should be something like this:

<disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/some/path/OpenCore.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>

Check that in /some/path/ there is my image with name OpenCore.img

-------------------

You mount the EFI image with the following commands:

modprobe nbd max_part=8
qemu-nbd --connect=/dev/nbd0 /path/to/the/image/OpenCore.img
mkdir /path/to/the/mount/point/
mount /dev/nbd0p1 /path/to/the/mount/point/

now you have the OpenCore.img content mounted into /path/to/the/mount/point/

cd /path/to/the/mount/point/EFI/OC/

nano config.plist

(make your edits)

CTRL + o (to save the config.plist)

CTRL + x (to exit nano)

cd /

umount /path/to/the/mount/point/

qemu-nbd --disconnect /dev/nbd0
rmmod nbd

red: commands

white: comments

/path/to/the/image/ --> the path pointing to my OpenCore.img

/path/to/the/mount/point/ --> a path to mount the content of the EFI image

Edited by ghost82
9 hours ago, Ernie11 said:

Hello Ghost,

Ok it downloaded and installed with no problems but still no dice. I guess I will have to wait more to see if it will be supported.

I do want to mention that yesterday when I was still on Catalina there was once that it booted on the Displayport. This was once out of like 5 Catalinas I created but I deleted it since it got stuck after I changed it back to VNC. Was this just a fluke or is there something there?

Edit: Also want to mention that when I turn off the VM I still see the apple logo and progress bar on the screen.

Thanks.

Hi Ernie11,

I'm reading now (sorry to have not read before) that other users confirm that the 6700xt is still not compatible with 11.4 beta.

One user is pointing that the 6700xt is a navi 22, whilst 6900xt, 6800 and 6800xt are navi 21.

I think your gpu will be included (I hope so), maybe you are lucky and apple will include the driver before the 11.4 stable release.

Other things don't matter, no driver = not working

I will keep an eye on this and update here when and if something will change.

Note that you should see the bootloader on your screen (no apple driver needed), but when apple tries to load the driver it fails, so I would say that it's perfectly normal to see some output on your screen.

Edited by ghost82

Good day, can someone please assist. I'm new to Unraid and I've successfully installed Windows and Home Assistant VMs, but this is my first experience with macinabox. I've been trying for over a month now to install it, but it never adds the helper scripts to User Scripts. I've never gotten past that point. Is there another way to install it?

I'm running into the boot loop on a fresh install. I've already tried uninstalling dockers and scripts and trying again and again, but still the same result.

I've been looking through this topic and it looks like there is still no solution for this. Has anyone found any new information?

Big Sur is hanging at the Apple logo, no loading bar, and one cpu at 100%. I followed the video very closely and after using the opencore config, removing two of the three disks (copying the path to the first one), all that. Shut it down and updated the XML with my VM name and changing firstinstall to no. I have no graphic card.

Now when I boot the VM, I get the bigsur disk option and press enter. Then it just hangs at the apple logo for ever. My CPU-0 is pegged at 100%, no matter how many CPU's I assign to the VM, it's just the first one.

I burned it all down and started from scratch and ended up in the same place the second time.

If I need to paste my XML, let me know where exactly to get that from please.

On 5/14/2021 at 12:46 AM, Lectoid said:

Now when I boot the VM, I get the bigsur disk option and press enter. Then it just hangs at the apple logo for ever. My CPU-0 is pegged at 100%, no matter how many CPU's I assign to the VM, it's just the first one.

If you need help from the community, you will need to give us more information to go on...
1) The VM logs.
2) The apple boot loader debugging.

config.plist -> NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args: -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1

3) and if that doesn't point us in the right direction, the OpenCore debug logs.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/debug.html#file-swaps

18 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

If you need help from the community, you will need to give us more information to go on...
1) The VM logs.
2) The apple boot loader debugging.

config.plist -> NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args: -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1

3) and if that doesn't point us in the right direction, the OpenCore debug logs.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/debug.html#file-swaps

I figured out my issue. I was adding CPU's in the VM settings, but I wasn't running the macinabox_helper script after the changes, so the Mac VM was just kinda freezing up. All set now, thanks for the reply though.

Hiya, I am trying to get High Sierra working with the new macinabox. I have only recently got unraid on my system. I am currently only running a gtx 1080ti and am wanting mac to run as a vm on my machine, however the latest ios that apple made that is compatible with the gtx 1080 ti is high sierra. When going through your tutorial in how to set it up, in the drop down list when you select which operating system you want i select high sierra. then when logging virtually on the vm the disk and format of the disk says big sur. I am trying to find loop holes round this and if i can set up the vm with the operatign system in an iso format. 

Can i have help please?

Best Luis

21 minutes ago, luisquintero said:

Hiya, I am trying to get High Sierra working with the new macinabox. I have only recently got unraid on my system. I am currently only running a gtx 1080ti and am wanting mac to run as a vm on my machine, however the latest ios that apple made that is compatible with the gtx 1080 ti is high sierra. When going through your tutorial in how to set it up, in the drop down list when you select which operating system you want i select high sierra. then when logging virtually on the vm the disk and format of the disk says big sur. I am trying to find loop holes round this and if i can set up the vm with the operatign system in an iso format. 

Can i have help please?

Best Luis

This happened to me as well. I used download method 2 and it correctly downloaded High Sierra. However the build of High Sierra that it downloaded didn’t support Nvidia graphics cards either. I’m using a 980Ti 

I installed a macOS Big Sur VM using the latest macinabox. After installing OpenCore Configurator 2.39.0.0, it warned about the old version of OpenCore installed (0.6.4) and only supporting the latest 0.6.9 version. I followed the documentation for updating OpenCore by copying over all the files from the 0.6.9 package to the EFI partition, overwriting existing files and keeping all the files in the existing EFI that aren't in the 0.6.9 package. But when I reboot, it still says OpenCore 0.6.4 is booted. I found there was a bug updating to 0.6.7 that required clearing the nvram. But even after clearing the nvram, it still says 0.6.4 is booted. It does say the correct version on the boot menu though: (REL-069-2021-05-03). Are there any additional steps required to update OpenCore for the macinabox VM?

Edited by Ancalagon
10 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

I installed a macOS Big Sur VM using the latest macinabox. After installing OpenCore Configurator 2.39.0.0, it warned about the old version of OpenCore installed (0.6.4) and only supporting the latest 0.6.9 version. I followed the documentation for updating OpenCore by copying over all the files from the 0.6.9 package to the EFI partition, overwriting existing files and keeping all the files in the existing EFI that aren't in the 0.6.9 package. But when I reboot, it still says OpenCore 0.6.4 is booted. I found there was a bug updating to 0.6.7 that required clearing the nvram. But even after clearing the nvram, it still says 0.6.4 is booted. It does say the correct version on the boot menu though: (REL-069-2021-05-03). Are there any additional steps required to update OpenCore for the macinabox VM?

It looks like the NVRAM is not being cleared, as I can still see the legacy NVRAM variable with the old OpenCore version: 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version = REL-064-2020-11-13. I've tried with the Reset NVRAM option in the boot menu as well as sudo nvram -c from the terminal. Apparently neither worked to delete that variable. I finally got it to delete explicitly with nvram -d 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version from the terminal. Rebooting it now shows the correct OpenCore version in OpenCore Configurator and Hackintool.

Edited by Ancalagon
  • Like 1

I've got Catalina installed just fine but for some reason I cannot get Big Sur installed (which I need as one can no longer develop iOS apps on Catalina as the max supported SDK is 13.7 and you need SDK 14+) - I tried updating my Catalina too but it will end up getting the same error as Big Sur during clean installation and I cannot figure out how to fix this...

image.thumb.png.193849e8e797f7972aedfa85754b8538.png

Same issue here as others are having. Following guide can install catalina with no issues whatsoever. If trying to use big sur then its just apple logo stuck and  1 cpu stuck seemingly doing something but actually nothing ever happens. I can even install cataline with opencore using unraid then copy over the big sur installer and make it appear in the boot menu but selecting the big sur installer does nothing and have to reset the machine and select boot from catalina instead. So it basically all works perfect up till the moment big sur is involved then all falls apart. If you try upgrade the catalina install to big sure via any method the same thing happens so it cant get upgraded either.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:15 PM, PeteAsking said:

Just an update on this I got further by doing this on my host box : echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/module/kvm/parameters/ignore_msrs

And was able to boot the big sur installation media.

Most probably because you defined a cpu topology in the vm, with smbios equal to imacpro1,1 or macpro7,1. If this is the case you need the MCEReporterDisabler.kext or set ignore msrs (as you discovered).

Edited by ghost82
  • Like 1