[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

On 10/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, chocorem said:

that is the issue, as soon as I pass the GPU though, I get a black screen .... os is not loading

Enable remote access to the mac os vm, just to be sure you only have a black screen but the guest os is booting; if it is booting you need to modify the config.plist of opencore and add a boot-arg so nvidia drivers will be used.

The WebDrivers in Sierra and High Sierra also support another boot argument called nvda_drv_vrl=1

Edited by ghost82

This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to pull files off a VM from Krusader (lets say my VM stops working - I currently have my Big Sur pulling my photos down to photos app (ie original files going to the *.photolibrary which is ~90gb) and am trying to figure out how reliable of a second copy of my iCloud data this is or if it totally relies on a working VM 

On 10/2/2022 at 11:32 AM, ghost82 said:

Enable remote access to the mac os vm, just to be sure you only have a black screen but the guest os is booting; if it is booting you need to modify the config.plist of opencore and add a boot-arg so nvidia drivers will be used.

the VM is not booting, I do not get a ping on the IP Adress .....

18 hours ago, ghost82 said:

You need nested virtualization setup in the host and cpu passthrough for the guest (only intel). You can't emulate penryn.

Thanks for this, got it working. Nested Virtualization was enabled for unraid, I just needed to switch to the host arg instead of Penryn

NOW though, I am having the absolute craziest issue that I can not find help on anywhere. The Docker Desktop UI is all kinds of messed up as in the attached screenshot. It's fully working, I can hover over random sections and find buttons, but nothing is displaying haha. The service runs and everything. Oh why me?

docker-blank.png

Edited by Avsynthe
19 hours ago, ghost82 said:

Probably related to graphic accelaration. Consider that vnc graphic only doesn't enable it, you need gpu passthrough.

Strangely enough, it works on my Catalina VM, just not on my Big Sur or Monterey VMS, which is where I really need it. Super weird. Neither have GPU passthrough and both run on VNC

all previous versions of Docker Desktop work fine, but not v4 +

Edited by Avsynthe

I have downloaded DMG file with a full installation of Monterey. Size approx 12GB. Is it possible to use that file (after convert it to an IMG file with dmg2img tool) to use it for installation of monterey with the help of macinabox? I want to setup maybe more than one instance of the machine and don't want to redownload this 12GB data during installation over and over again? Thanks in advance for any help

Edited by HackHome
specify conversion

Hello everybody,

first I need to tell you, that I´m an absolute noob.

But anyway I got a Macinabox Monterey VM up and running in my unraid system.

The only thing that´s not working is login with apple-id to use app-store and icloud functions.

in the XML file of the VM I use e1000-82545em as interface...

I read a lot in tis thread and even in german forum, but can´t find a solution or datailed description of how to solve this?

This ist my actual server configuration...

unraid version 6.11.1 basic

Hardware:

- Mainboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. C246M-WU4-CF

- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

- RAM: 24GiB DDR4

What more information do you need to support me?

Thanks to everybody here for support!

Greetings, Sven

On 10/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, HackHome said:

I have downloaded DMG file with a full installation of Monterey. Size approx 12GB. Is it possible to use that file (after convert it to an IMG file with dmg2img tool) to use it for installation of monterey with the help of macinabox? I want to setup maybe more than one instance of the machine and don't want to redownload this 12GB data during installation over and over again? Thanks in advance for any help

Same question for me ;)

1 hour ago, sven76 said:

Hello everybody,

The only thing that´s not working is login with apple-id to use app-store and icloud functions.

I read a lot in tis thread and even in german forum, but can´t find a solution or datailed description of how to solve this?

Hardware:

Greetings, Sven

It helped me to deactivate any other devices in system preferences except the Ethernet Adapter. And I used vmxnet adapter (got it working that way with KVM/QEMU). Dont know about unraid

4 hours ago, sven76 said:

Hello everybody,

Hardware:

Greetings, Sven

I have a similar problem that I cannot log into iMessage. It will log in and then drop me back to the login screen. I have tried and will continue to try the workarounds with eth0 but they don't seem to work. 

2 hours ago, squish102 said:

I have a similar problem that I cannot log into iMessage. It will log in and then drop me back to the login screen. I have tried and will continue to try the workarounds with eth0 but they don't seem to work. 

I haven't been keeping up with this thread recently but here is a long post I wrote a while back that covers getting iCloud functions working. I used to run a Hackintosh as my main machine and I can confirm that if you setup your VM correctly all functions work 100% including iCloud, iMessage, Handoff, etc.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, squish102 said:

I had this exact issue. Triple checked that I followed every step correctly and got nowhere. Ended up having to call Apple to "authorize" my account. If you run iMessage through terminal using:

sudo /System/Applications/Messages.app/Contents/MacOS/Messages

You'll get an ID number that you give the customer service rep and they'll basically unlock your account and iMessage will magically work. It took me multiple calls to get someone who knew where to put that number. I mentioned a few times that I believed my account was locked and finally the person figured it out.

Edit: Also, they'll try to get you to let them remote into your Mac. Just say you arent in front of it at the moment or aren't able to for whatever reason. Them remoting in to troubleshoot will get you nowhere.

Edited by razierklinge
9 hours ago, razierklinge said:

Ended up having to call Apple to "authorize" my account

This is the case only if you when login you get a popup like this:

Your Apple ID “[email protected]” can’t be used to set up iMessage at this time.

If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.

Customer Code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

KHH1y0B.png.ae56814886e482f074f6c495658ca5b0.png

It happened to me too and had to call several times apple to get it fixed.

1. First time I gave permission to remote access

2. Second time I sent diagnostics data to apple saved from a software they ask to download and they did not fix it because booting with opencore

1 and 2 made by the same person, took weeks to end with a reply they were not able to fix.

3. Third time a kind man fixed it in 10 seconds

I never hid to apple to use a sort of hackintosh, but...you may have more luck if you don't say it explicitely :D

This happened because 4 years ago, when I started to play with mac os vms, I changed too many times the smbios data and logins were recorded in apple servers: I had too many devices saved in apple server, had to remove all the unused devices and then call apple.

No need to call apple if you don't have a "customer code", issue is somewhere else.

Edited by ghost82
On 10/21/2022 at 5:27 PM, sven76 said:

Hello everybody,

Hardware:

Greetings, Sven

So, I did it and everything works...

I deleted everything and started completely from scratch. I created a Monterey VM.

Which was probably the deciding factor for me:

In the previous attempts, I did not enter my AppleID during the setup of the macOS, because I had some special characters in the password.

When entering the password, you can't control them because the characters you enter appear as dots.

So I always completed the setup WITHOUT logging in with the AppeID. Only when setup was completed I used the on-screen keyboard to help and try to log in. Then my iPhone showed the unlock option and the 6 digit PIN to enter for the MacVM. Then once entered, the error message appeared, "Unable to communicate with server."

This time, during the setup of the MacOS, right at the option to register the machine with the AppleID, I first in the email field rather laboriously gathered the input combinations for the special characters of the password. Then I already entered the AppleID in the setup process and thus completed the setup. Then I followed the howto video of spaceinvador one. Already after the software setup was completed, I could see in the settings menu that my AppleID was displayed....

I used the opencore configurator to adjust the settings, stopped the VM, adjusted the XML regarding CPU cores and RAM, ran the helperscript and doing like this: VM boots up and Apple services work!!!!

Thanks to all for tips and hints!

Greetings and have a nice weekend,

Sven

• Thanks 2

Hello everybody, I’m a new Unraid user I set up a windows 10 Vm with GPU passthrough (NVIDIA RTX2060) that work flawlessly.

So I decided to install a macOS VM with the awesome macinabox docker image, after following the SpaceInvaderOne tutorials
My vm work correctly with sound, network, and graphic passthrough in a manner that drive me nut… !!!

I try to passed through an NVIDIA NVS510 (Kepler GK107) my GPU work but ONLY if I left set the VNC virtual adapter as primary and
The NVS510 as secondary gfx card !!!!

If I set the NVS as primary display (BIOS dumped with SpaceInvaderOne Script) I never see the TianoCore boot screen but only a black Screen (the vm seems to not initialize the GPU).

With the VNC adapter set as primary and the NVS as secondary I can see the TianoCore screen on the monitor attached on the NVS
And on the "VNC side" I can see the open core boot menu, the Apple Logo and progress bar load at 50% and boom the macOS desktop lives on the attached monitor.

This work but macOS see 2 Displays and this is not the most elegant solution….

Otherwise all work I wrote this post on my Monterey vm with graphics from my old but trustworthy NVIDIA NVS510.

If you have clues from what to do, I always dig deep in the unraid forum and tested many suggested workaround but none resolved my issue. I hope that my message was not too "cryptic" as I’m French and English was not my primary language ;-)

Thanks in advance for all, and Have a good day.

Thomas

Monterey_VM.jpg

My XML :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='1' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Macinabox Monterey</name>
  <uuid>96d2d34f-aa6f-47ff-a4c4-42b1c36374dd</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Monterey</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="default.png" os="osx"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>6291456</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>6291456</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>12</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='18'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='7'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='19'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='8'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='20'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='9'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='21'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='8' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='9' cpuset='22'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='10' cpuset='11'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='11' cpuset='23'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/96d2d34f-aa6f-47ff-a4c4-42b1c36374dd_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none' migratable='on'/>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/vms/domains/Macinabox Monterey/macos_disk.img' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x8'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x9'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0xa'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='5' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='5' port='0x14'/>
      <alias name='pci.5'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x4'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='6' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='6' port='0xb'/>
      <alias name='pci.6'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='7' model='pcie-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pcie-pci-bridge'/>
      <alias name='pci.7'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:b8:22:ab'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <model type='e1000-82545em'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-1-Macinabox Monterey/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='connected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-us'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <audio id='1' type='none'/>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <alias name='video0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </video>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x05' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1b' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x06' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source startupPolicy='optional'>
        <vendor id='0x03eb'/>
        <product id='0x20ff'/>
        <address bus='3' device='2'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev3'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='2'/>
    </hostdev>
        <vendor id='0x1532'/>
        <product id='0x006e'/>
        <address bus='3' device='5'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev4'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='3'/>
    </hostdev>
        <vendor id='0xcb10'/>
        <product id='0x1133'/>
        <address bus='3' device='3'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev5'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='4'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='************************'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Haswell-v4,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,+hypervisor,+invtsc,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+avx2,+aes,+fma,+fma4,+bmi1,+bmi2,+xsave,+xsaveopt,+rdrand,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

Edited by Gold7even
On 10/26/2022 at 12:50 AM, ghost82 said:

This is the case only if you when login you get a popup like this:

KHH1y0B.png.ae56814886e482f074f6c495658ca5b0.png

It happened to me too and had to call several times apple to get it fixed.

1. First time I gave permission to remote access

2. Second time I sent diagnostics data to apple saved from a software they ask to download and they did not fix it because booting with opencore

1 and 2 made by the same person, took weeks to end with a reply they were not able to fix.

3. Third time a kind man fixed it in 10 seconds

I never hid to apple to use a sort of hackintosh, but...you may have more luck if you don't say it explicitely :D

This happened because 4 years ago, when I started to play with mac os vms, I changed too many times the smbios data and logins were recorded in apple servers: I had too many devices saved in apple server, had to remove all the unused devices and then call apple.

No need to call apple if you don't have a "customer code", issue is somewhere else.

Sorry but this isn't accurate. Like the other person mentioned, I would login to iMessage and get kicked out after a few seconds, no popup would ever happen. But if you run iMessage through the terminal you WILL get a customer code in the log. I called, gave them the info, and on the 2nd call the lady said, "Oh I see where I need to put that code. Try logging in now." And it suddenly worked. So a popup may or may not happen to indicate your account needs to be authorized.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, razierklinge said:

So a popup may or may not happen to indicate your account needs to be authorized

Thanks for pointing it: it should be something introduced in newer os, as I always had a popup, but this happened in Catalina if I remember well.

Weird that the code doesn't popup with a gui.

I do not know if this would help you guys who are trying to use Nvidia  GPU on an OS newer than High Sierra, but the below worked for me for each and every release (up to Monterey) the moment I made the change. Before that I always get a black screen, which blocked me from even trying to install  OCLP to get graphic acceleration working with my 1070TI

<driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0b' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <rom file='/mnt/user/Downloads/Softwares/Galax1070ti.rom'/>

The bolded underlined area was always 0x00 for me all the while, but I noticed that it was 0x03 on my High Sierra by default but 0x00 on anything newer, the moment I changed it, lo and behold, I got the nice, pixelated UI you get when drivers aren't installed :)

OCLP works perfectly after that.

The below was needed too, of course:

How to Enable NVIDIA WebDrivers on macOS Big Sur and Monterey

Edited by ars92

Hi, since the last unRaid 6.11.2 update my MacinaBox Catalina has stopped working.

i have nothing changed für months on my VM because its only needed to do some automation stuff

has anyone a good idea to help me out?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>MacinaboxCatalina</name>
  <uuid>c3f054-6db2-4d60-96d9-64dfe19ec57d</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Catalina</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="default.png" os="Catalina"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>8388608</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>8388608</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>4</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='6'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-3.1'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/c39df054-6db2-4d60-96d9-64dfe19ec57d_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
    <boot dev='fd'/>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none' migratable='on'>
    <topology sockets='1' dies='1' cores='2' threads='2'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/Clover.qcow2'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/Catalina-install.img'/>
      <target dev='hdd' bus='sata'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='3'/>
    </disk>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/MacinaboxCatalina/macos_disk.img'/>
      <target dev='hde' bus='sata'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='4'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x11'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0x12'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='nec-xhci' ports='15'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:18:a6:18'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio-net'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='-1' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='de'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <audio id='1' type='none'/>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'/>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='************************'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+aes,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

10 hours ago, ars92 said:

I do not know if this would help you guys who are trying to use Nvidia  GPU on an OS newer than High Sierra, but the below worked for me for each and every release (up to Monterey) the moment I made the change. Before that I always get a black screen, which blocked me from even trying to install  OCLP to get graphic acceleration working with my 1070TI

<driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0b' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <rom file='/mnt/user/Downloads/Softwares/Galax1070ti.rom'/>

The bolded underlined area was always 0x00 for me all the while, but I noticed that it was 0x03 on my High Sierra by default but 0x00 on anything newer, the moment I changed it, lo and behold, I got the nice, pixelated UI you get when drivers aren't installed :)

OCLP works perfectly after that.

The below was needed too, of course:

How to Enable NVIDIA WebDrivers on macOS Big Sur and Monterey

@ars92 you're the Boss, It Works !!!!

My Nvidia Card works perfectly fine now when changing the bus-id to 0x03.

Many Thanks to you for this trick

Edited by Gold7even
9 hours ago, reppmic said:

Hi, since the last unRaid 6.11.2 update my MacinaBox Catalina has stopped working.

i have nothing changed für months on my VM because its only needed to do some automation stuff

has anyone a good idea to help me out?

I had the same problem with Catalina after going to 6.11.2. I tried everything I could think of and eventually I gave up and set up a new VM with Macinabox Big Sur. I then attached my old HDD and let it migrate data from my old Mac to the new one. Afterwards, everything is working as it was before.

I'm not sure if that helps as I did upgrade to Big Sur during the process. If you need to stay on Catalina, maybe that would work too.