[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

6 hours ago, DrMucki said:

I think I answered the question with the issue switching back to VNC several times here

The same questions are being asked over and over. I would encourage people to do a little reading before posting. If the answer's there it's much quicker than waiting for a reply.

1 hour ago, John_M said:

The same questions are being asked over and over. I would encourage people to do a little reading before posting. If the answer's there it's much quicker than waiting for a reply.

It will be quicker, but FAR more time consuming.

To be fair this is a 73 page thread with 25 posts per page.  Searching through 1875 posts for the information you need, especially when this forum does not have the best search abilities can be very difficult.  The OP should edit the first post with common questions\answers.  This is common practice on other software support forums.  And even better method would be that each docker container having its own FORUM, not just its own thread.  I'm not sure if this "Invision Community" software that the unraid support forums use is easily capable of this or not, but there certainly is other forum platforms that can easily do such a task.  Unraid is the type of platform that could benefit from such a setup.

I'm new to unraid and just feel over the past 3 weeks its a bit difficult to find support for specific problems when each major docker I setup has all the support condensed into a single multi thousand post long topic.  Maybe the Unraid team can look into a support forum overhaul?

Ok once again: here the solution: but as I told before: use the search function or click on my name, than you will see my posts...there is the solution... copied it for you here.... because me was helped as well here.. 

The problem is, that when you switch back from gpu to VNC add using the Macinabox helper script, the bus from the vnc is not

set correctly.

To fix it do the following:

After switching back from Gpu to VNC and running the helper script, go to your vm setting of your vm and Open the XML view (right corner there is a switch Form view).

scroll nearly to the end.

You have to change the XML in this part:

</graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x06' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/> 

for me worked   

CHANGED to  bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' 
    </video>
but you must not run the Helper script afterwards.

2 hours ago, 007craft said:

It will be quicker, but FAR more time consuming.

You expect other people to make a greater effort so that you can avoid doing a little work? That gives a bad impression of entitlement. You perhaps don't realise that pretty much everyone who posts here is a normal user, just like yourself, giving their time for free. The answers to questions are often found quite easily if you do a little looking. If you try to find an answer but have no success, then by all means ask but indicate that you've at least made some effort to help yourself.

To be fair this is a 73 page thread with 25 posts per page. Searching through 1875 posts for the information you need, especially when this forum does not have the best search abilities can be very difficult.  The OP should edit the first post with common questions\answers.

To be fair, you don't have to. Many of the early pages are irrelevant now that the container has beeen rewritten. You just have to rewind a few pages - four or five at the most. The OP doesn't often comment here. He provides the tools and makes comprehensive videos - to expect more is not reasonable.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, John_M said:

To be fair, you don't have to. Many of the early pages are irrelevant now that the container has beeen rewritten. You just have to rewind a few pages - four or five at the most. The OP doesn't often comment here. He provides the tools and makes comprehensive videos - to expect more is not reasonable.

Agreed that it is unreasonable to expect OP to respond further in this thread.  As it is also not reasonable to expect people to read through dozens of pages hoping to find somebody with the same issue as them.  2 solutions which cant be expected but would be preferred. 

Basically just don't get mad when people end up creating a new topic right away or asking the same questions over and over again.  You have to change the system if you want things to change, not try and change user behavior, because that's always a losing battle.

But back to the original question myself and 3 other people had on the page before... How does one remote into their VM once they switch over to hardware graphics passthrough and no longer have VNC?

Edited by 007craft
1 hour ago, 007craft said:

How does one remote into their VM once they switch over to hardware graphics passthrough and no longer have VNC?

It's expected that once you passed through a video card, you will be viewing that output on a monitor connected to that card, and using the VM exactly the same as any other computer. If you wish to remote in, you will need to implement remote control software hosted in the VM, exactly like you would if you want to remote in to any other computer.

If this thread were about a windows based system, RDP, teamviewer, nomachine, gotomypc, or any of that type of program would be my recommendation. Since it's mac, I'm not familiar with the best remote control options, but I'm sure they've been mentioned in the course of this thread.

tldr: Any remote access software that works with mac.

If someone could take a look at my XML it would be super helpful. I can not get my VM to sign into Apple Services. I have changed the network adaptor and tried a couple different configs.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='23' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Macinabox BigSur</name>
  <uuid>88b75df0-9fdb-435d-b07f-f8d5ac24775f</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Big Sur</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="BigSur.png" os="osx"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>8388608</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>8388608</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='7'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/88b75df0-9fdb-435d-b07f-f8d5ac24775f_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none' migratable='on'>
    <topology sockets='1' dies='1' cores='4' threads='2'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/user/domains/Macinabox BigSur/macos_disk.img' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <model name='pcie-root-port'/>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x11'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0x12'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:9e:76:8a'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <model type='e1000-82545em'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <source path='/dev/pts/0'/>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-23-Macinabox BigSur/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='connected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='5900' autoport='yes' websocket='5700' listen='0.0.0.0' keymap='en-us'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1' primary='yes'/>
      <alias name='video0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <alias name='balloon0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='isa-applesmc,osk=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+aes,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

image.png.1d4abdc68dabd091d503b3957b480bb3.png

11 hours ago, jonathanm said:

I'm sure they've been mentioned in the course of this thread.

They certainly have, and also in SpaceinvaderOne's videos, where he recommends Splashtop. FWIW, I use Apple Screen Sharing, which is included with macOS itself (roughly analogous to Windows RDP, though Apple makes no distinction between "Home" and "Professional" users) and requires no third party software, though it does need another Mac.

46 minutes ago, John_M said:

They certainly have, and also in SpaceinvaderOne's videos, where he recommends Splashtop. FWIW, I use Apple Screen Sharing, which is included with macOS itself (roughly analogous to Windows RDP, though Apple makes no distinction between "Home" and "Professional" users) and requires no third party software, though it does need another Mac.

The disadvantage of Apple Screen Sharing is that it doesn't support audio.

Wanted to give Splashtop a try, but seems there is no free version available, but just a trial followed by a subscription?

45 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

The disadvantage of Apple Screen Sharing is that it doesn't support audio.

Agreed. I can live with that restriction, though. I haven't used nomachine so I don't know its capabilities but it's available in both free and paid versions so might be worth a look.

22 hours ago, jonathanm said:

It's expected that once you passed through a video card, you will be viewing that output on a monitor connected to that card, and using the VM exactly the same as any other computer. If you wish to remote in, you will need to implement remote control software hosted in the VM, exactly like you would if you want to remote in to any other computer.

If this thread were about a windows based system, RDP, teamviewer, nomachine, gotomypc, or any of that type of program would be my recommendation. Since it's mac, I'm not familiar with the best remote control options, but I'm sure they've been mentioned in the course of this thread.

tldr: Any remote access software that works with mac.

Thanks, but how do I boot into the mac automatically when the VM starts?  For instance if I wanted to use teamviewer to remote in, I could set that up but it need to load the OS for that to be available.  Starting the VM just goes to the volume select screen and you need to hit enter first before the OS loads.  See screenshot:

image.thumb.png.19ff686615bb8a8182ed7ed69e2b8d10.png

Edited by 007craft

Reading this thread over the last few days, I've learned something important. To use GPU passthrough on a VM you need to have a monitor physically connected to the server to leverage it. Sorry if this was something I should have known. I guess the black screen I was reporting when trying to connect the VM from another computer was to be expected (laughs at self).

So maybe I'll ask my question a different way... IF I have a GPU passed through to my Unraid VM, and I have it set to autologon and launch a server (No Machine, for e.g.), will I be able to achieve higher resolution inside the VM client? Right now its 1920x1080, which is passable, but I was hoping to get closer to bare metal resolution. Is what I'm trying to achieve possible? Thanks!

Instead of an actual monitor, you can also attach a hdmi plug. I’m not certain, but believes this will get you 4k over vnc with the right dongle.

I do have a separate issue. I can no longer get audio to work. I’ve tried splashtop as suggested in this group. In fact, it shows splashtop as audio output, but i cannot hear any audio. Any idea?

Starting the VM just goes to the volume select screen and you need to hit enter first before the OS loads.

You can configure OpenCore to boot from a default volume. I don't recall quite how off the top of my head but it's here in this thread and possibly also in the comments to the YouTube video.

It does not even create a VM for me.

I get this from the helper script after I got the notification it was ready: IPSNM31.png

It does not create any VM for me.

EDIT: Removing the entire macinabox appdata, app, and the /mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf folder fixed this for me.

Edited by anethema

im sorry if this question is already been answered but i cant seem to get any of the install media to actually download. what should i do. this is my log file.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-niceness.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-script.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-app-user-map.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-logmonitor-states.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-clean-tmp-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-app-deps.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-set-home.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-take-config-ownership.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 00-xdg-runtime-dir.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-certs.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-cjk-font.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-nginx.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-vnc-password.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 10-web-index.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-machineid_fix.sh: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-machineid_fix.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] starting s6-fdholderd...
[services.d] starting certsmonitor...
[services.d] starting nginx...
[services.d] starting xvfb...
[nginx] starting...
[certsmonitor] disabling service: secure connection not enabled.
[xvfb] starting...
[services.d] starting logmonitor...
[services.d] starting statusmonitor...
[logmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[statusmonitor] no file to monitor: disabling service...
[services.d] starting openbox...
[openbox] starting...
[services.d] starting x11vnc...
[services.d] starting app...
[x11vnc] starting...
[app] starting Macinabox with VirtManager...
[services.d] done.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: -rfbport
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: 5900
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: -rfbportv6
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: -1
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: -httpportv6
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: -1
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: -desktop
20/02/2021 20:35:54 passing arg to libvncserver: Macinabox with VirtManager
20/02/2021 20:35:54 x11vnc version: 0.9.14 lastmod: 2015-11-14 pid: 815

20/02/2021 20:35:54 Using X display :0
20/02/2021 20:35:54 rootwin: 0x43 reswin: 0x400001 dpy: 0xa5c9bb20
20/02/2021 20:35:54
20/02/2021 20:35:54 ------------------ USEFUL INFORMATION ------------------
20/02/2021 20:35:54 X DAMAGE available on display, using it for polling hints.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 To disable this behavior use: '-noxdamage'
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Most compositing window managers like 'compiz' or 'beryl'
20/02/2021 20:35:54 cause X DAMAGE to fail, and so you may not see any screen
20/02/2021 20:35:54 updates via VNC. Either disable 'compiz' (recommended) or
20/02/2021 20:35:54 supply the x11vnc '-noxdamage' command line option.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 X COMPOSITE available on display, using it for window polling.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 To disable this behavior use: '-noxcomposite'
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Wireframing: -wireframe mode is in effect for window moves.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 If this yields undesired behavior (poor response, painting
20/02/2021 20:35:54 errors, etc) it may be disabled:
20/02/2021 20:35:54 - use '-nowf' to disable wireframing completely.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 - use '-nowcr' to disable the Copy Rectangle after the
20/02/2021 20:35:54 moved window is released in the new position.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Also see the -help entry for tuning parameters.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 You can press 3 Alt_L's (Left "Alt" key) in a row to
20/02/2021 20:35:54 repaint the screen, also see the -fixscreen option for
20/02/2021 20:35:54 periodic repaints.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 GrabServer control via XTEST.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Scroll Detection: -scrollcopyrect mode is in effect to
20/02/2021 20:35:54 use RECORD extension to try to detect scrolling windows
20/02/2021 20:35:54 (induced by either user keystroke or mouse input).

20/02/2021 20:35:54 If this yields undesired behavior (poor response, painting
20/02/2021 20:35:54 errors, etc) it may be disabled via: '-noscr'
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Also see the -help entry for tuning parameters.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 You can press 3 Alt_L's (Left "Alt" key) in a row to
20/02/2021 20:35:54 repaint the screen, also see the -fixscreen option for
20/02/2021 20:35:54 periodic repaints.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 XKEYBOARD: number of keysyms per keycode 7 is greater
20/02/2021 20:35:54 than 4 and 51 keysyms are mapped above 4.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Automatically switching to -xkb mode.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 If this makes the key mapping worse you can
20/02/2021 20:35:54 disable it with the "-noxkb" option.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Also, remember "-remap DEAD" for accenting characters.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 X FBPM extension not supported.
Xlib: extension "DPMS" missing on display ":0".
20/02/2021 20:35:54 X display is not capable of DPMS.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 --------------------------------------------------------
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Default visual ID: 0x21
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Read initial data from X display into framebuffer.
20/02/2021 20:35:54 initialize_screen: fb_depth/fb_bpp/fb_Bpl 24/32/5120
20/02/2021 20:35:54 X display :0 is 32bpp depth=24 true color
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Listening for VNC connections on TCP port 5900
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Xinerama is present and active (e.g. multi-head).
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Xinerama: number of sub-screens: 1
20/02/2021 20:35:54 Xinerama: no blackouts needed (only one sub-screen)
20/02/2021 20:35:54 fb read rate: 860 MB/sec
20/02/2021 20:35:54 fast read: reset -wait ms to: 10
20/02/2021 20:35:54 fast read: reset -defer ms to: 10
20/02/2021 20:35:54 The X server says there are 10 mouse buttons.

20/02/2021 20:35:54 screen setup finished.

The VNC desktop is: 2c5f6cc0ba5b:0

Have you tried the x11vnc '-ncache' VNC client-side pixel caching feature yet?

The scheme stores pixel data offscreen on the VNC viewer side for faster
retrieval. It should work with any VNC viewer. Try it by running:

x11vnc -ncache 10 ...

One can also add -ncache_cr for smooth 'copyrect' window motion.
More info: http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/faq.html#faq-client-caching

2021-02-20 20:35:54,668 Network Request: Fetching https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog
2021-02-20 20:35:56,936 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/41/23/061-26578-A_FF0C6M87LS/ylvl0phx6uy3i444qt9p57n8wz0xnylmd9/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,044 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/17/32/061-26589-A_8GJTCGY9PC/25fhcu905eta7wau7aoafu8rvdm7k1j4el/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,193 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/06/50/041-91758-A_M8T44LH2AW/b5r4og05fhbgatve4agwy4kgkzv07mdid9/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,315 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/34/54/041-88800-A_HLMBDM42FL/anrmoj880qkj0lbybqm0c3830p70nawjrv/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,404 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/08/44/041-90855-A_452WLVQACP/mzfvoi59bljh3w4w4lvwenfk0r1a2f7212/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,495 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/01/28/061-86291-A_JPEIWIOZES/enpozvvbmj3mj2dhulhevlt8b429qd5kw0/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,593 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/37/41/001-04366/a6boefh8b6bee4k2x6v5lwyfjr7od2ica3/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,691 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/59/18/001-15219-A_EE9FN7UHJA/efuz3h0zlmx4qlinf4bxlguigo9jvhcr55/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,797 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/23/45/001-36735-A_IRCLJ5YYKF/z8vka6xfykydycui5b7atpc52btxmbffdn/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:57,929 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/10/06/001-36801-A_9MBEQ97Z9M/672a1q4u8978ize3s15ygivp2dqwmk10qb/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:58,028 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/20/55/001-51042-A_2EJTJOSUC2/rsvf13iphg5lvcqcysqcarv8cvddq8igek/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:58,124 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/61/24/001-57224/0o1xetys5n505gocjsil5qo0p4kg939elb/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:58,264 Network Request: Fetching http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/26/37/001-68446/r1dbqtmf3mtpikjnd04cq31p4jk91dceh8/InstallAssistantAuto.smd
2021-02-20 20:35:59,652 Selected macOS Product: 061-86291
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 437, in _error_catcher

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 519, in read
data = self._fp.read(amt) if not fp_closed else b""
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 458, in read
n = self.readinto(b)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 502, in readinto
n = self.fp.readinto(b)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/socket.py", line 669, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
ConnectionResetError: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 751, in generate
for chunk in self.raw.stream(chunk_size, decode_content=True):
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 576, in stream
data = self.read(amt=amt, decode_content=decode_content)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 541, in read
raise IncompleteRead(self._fp_bytes_read, self.length_remaining)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/contextlib.py", line 131, in __exit__
self.gen.throw(type, value, traceback)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/response.py", line 455, in _error_catcher
raise ProtocolError("Connection broken: %r" % e, e)
urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: ("Connection broken: ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')", ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "fetch-macos.py", line 165, in <module>
fetchmacos()
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 829, in __call__
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 782, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/core.py", line 610, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "fetch-macos.py", line 162, in fetchmacos
product.fetchpackages(output_dir, keyword=keyword)
File "fetch-macos.py", line 132, in fetchpackages
Filesystem.download_file(item.get("URL"), item.get("Size"), path)
File "fetch-macos.py", line 39, in download_file
for data in stream:
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/click/_termui_impl.py", line 315, in generator
for rv in self.iter:
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 754, in generate
raise ChunkedEncodingError(e)
requests.exceptions.ChunkedEncodingError: ("Connection broken: ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')", ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))
chmod: /isos/Catalina-install.img: No such file or directory

37 minutes ago, SmarticleCo said:

urllib3.exceptions.ProtocolError: ("Connection broken: ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')"

The error message suggests that the server was overloaded and couldn't respond to your request, possibly due to the macOS 11.2.1 update that was released recently. Try again later.

I have a problem with my GPU Passthrough, im able to start the boot by selecting the hard drive and the apple logo shows up.

But when the loading bar finished, i got a black screen and no signal. So i think, my passthrough works but maybe something don't work with my macos (fresh install)

My system specs:

M/B: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B550M AORUS PRO-P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core @ 3800 MHz

GPU0: NVIDIA RTX 3070 (for windows)

GPU1: NVIDIA Quadro K600 (for mac)

This is my config:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<domain type='kvm' id='15' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>Macinabox Catalina</name>
  <uuid>847582ee-7163-48d0-aede-eaa74c3aad69</uuid>
  <description>MacOS Catalina</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="Windows 10" icon="Catalina.png" os="osx"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>8388608</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>8388608</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>4</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='10'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='11'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-4.2'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/mnt/user/system/custom_ovmf/Macinabox_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/847582ee-7163-48d0-aede-eaa74c3aad69_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough' check='none' migratable='on'>
    <topology sockets='1' dies='1' cores='2' threads='2'/>
    <cache mode='passthrough'/>
    <feature policy='require' name='topoext'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source dev='/dev/nvme1n1' index='1'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='sata'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-2'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='2'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='1' port='0x10'/>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='2' port='0x11'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='3' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='3' port='0x12'/>
      <alias name='pci.3'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='4' model='pcie-root-port'>
      <target chassis='4' port='0x13'/>
      <alias name='pci.4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x02' function='0x3'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <alias name='virtio-serial0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <alias name='usb'/>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:31:97:de'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <model type='e1000-82545em'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target type='isa-serial' port='0'>
        <model name='isa-serial'/>
      </target>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty' tty='/dev/pts/0'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
      <alias name='serial0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/domain-15-Macinabox Catalina/org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0' state='connected'/>
      <alias name='channel0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'>
      <alias name='input0'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input1'/>
    </input>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'>
      <alias name='input2'/>
    </input>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <rom file='/mnt/user/appdata/VBIOS/quadro600_original.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x04' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x03' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc050'/>
        <address bus='3' device='2'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev2'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='2'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc33c'/>
        <address bus='1' device='6'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev3'/>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='3'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='dynamic' model='dac' relabel='yes'>
    <label>+0:+100</label>
    <imagelabel>+0:+100</imagelabel>
  </seclabel>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-usb'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd,bus=usb-bus.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='isa-applesmc,osk=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
    <qemu:arg value='Penryn,kvm=on,vendor=GenuineIntel,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+pcid,+ssse3,+sse4.2,+popcnt,+avx,+aes,+xsave,+xsaveopt,check'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

15 minutes ago, Rexima said:

It seems to crash

Make sure lilu+whatevergreen are injected.

Make sure you really have a K600, try to not inject the vbios (from where did you get it?).

Download and build opencore debug and lilu and whatevergreen debug, set the config.plist to log to file and provide logs for further troubleshooting.

If you're not able to build yourself here there's a good help with debug versions available commit by commit for opencore/lilu/whatevergreen:

https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true

Make sure to update your config.plist if you will use a version newer than that you are using.

Edited by ghost82