6.8.0-rc4 General Question

Badboy

Hi Everybody,

Would like to take 6.8.0-rc4  for a spin and have a look at it. I think in general it's come far enough I should be ok for the most part.  The only thing I'm really concerned about is Plex.  I have backups, but have a number that use it. Has anyone had any issues with Plex after installing the update or issues with this hardware? I have a Ryzen 1700x cpu and a Asrock X370 SLI board. Thanks

19 hours ago, Badboy said:

Would like to take 6.8.0-rc4  for a spin and have a look at it. I think in general it's come far enough I should be ok for the most part.  The only thing I'm really concerned about is Plex.  I have backups, but have a number that use it. Has anyone had any issues with Plex after installing the update or issues with this hardware? I have a Ryzen 1700x cpu and a Asrock X370 SLI board. Thanks

Let's flip the question back.

Why would you want to update to the RC version if it sounds like you cannot afford to have issue?

The general consensus is to always run stable on production servers and RC on test servers (or if you have a specific issue for which a fix is not yet available in stable).

• Thanks 1
On 10/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, testdasi said:

Let's flip the question back.

Why would you want to update to the RC version if it sounds like you cannot afford to have issue?

The general consensus is to always run stable on production servers and RC on test servers (or if you have a specific issue for which a fix is not yet available in stable).

Just curious.  Thanks for the feedback.