No drives recognised with a LSI 9211-8i

Hi everyone,  

I'm a little new with Linux/Unraid but i've had my system running for about a year. I needed to expand my system with more drives so I brought a Fujitsu 9211-8i D2607-A21 and two Mini SAS SFF-8087 36-Pin Male to 4 SATA cables. I then followed this guide as to how to flash the card.

When I boot and go into the Avago config utility, it says I'm running FW: 20.00.07.00-IT so I think it's been flashed the right way and it shows up in the Unraid the IOMMU groups. (Its installed in an 8x PCI-e slot, and has the heartbeat LED pulsing)

[1000:0072] 02:00.0 RAID bus controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)

Now my issue is that non of my drives are recognised by the card (or unraid).  They all work fine on SATA via the mobo (z170mx-gaming 5), but in the Avago config it doesn't see any devices connected on either cable... nout, zliche, nada, nothing!  I have a mix of 6 HHDs + 1 SSD, all SATA, ranging in age, size and manufacturer. 

What is my best route for troubleshooting the missing drives?  I don't have other cards or cables to try and I would have thought its unlikely that 2 new cables would both be faulty...? so i'm a tad stumped at where to go next! 

Thanks in advance for the help

Austin

card info.jpeg

Edited by Austinar
updated URL for this guide
1 hour ago, Austinar said:

unlikely that 2 new cables would both be faulty...?

Unlikely faulty yes, but likely the wrong cables, you need forward breakout cables, reverse breakout look the same but won't work for this, ebay description is not always clear or even correct, you can try to confirm by the cable model if there is one printed.

4 hours ago, Austinar said:

[1000:0072] 02:00.0 RAID bus controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)

The bus:device was 02:00, but HBA BIOS (screen capture) show 0B:00, pls check anything wrong.

If confirm only one LSI controller in system, then you may try reflash it.

Edited by Benson
3 hours ago, trurl said:

Your "this guide" link just goes to your own post.

Hey trurl, thanks just updated the post but it was here; 

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Unlikely faulty yes, but likely the wrong cables, you need forward breakout cables, reverse breakout look the same but won't work for this, ebay description is not always clear or even correct, you can try to confirm by the cable model if there is one printed.

Hi Johnnie.black, ahh you could be on to something here... the only labels say the following; MS8724SRB19 V1.0

1 hour ago, Benson said:

The bus:device was 02:00, but HBA BIOS (screen capture) show 0B:00, pls check anything wrong.

If confirm only one LSI controller in system, then you may try reflash it.

Hi Benson, sorry forgot to mention I'd moved PCI-E slot, turns out I had it in a x4 slot, so moved it up to the x8

Thanks everyone!