Odd Ngnix error filling up my syslog

my server is called tower.  I have a dns entry for it, and had a nginx Proxy host set up for it.  I was seeing the same thing.  I got rid of the tower proxy host, created a proxy host for "unraid" and a coresponding dns entry.....I did this around midnight last night and haven't seen a single Exited on signal 6 all day.

I've also had many tabs open to my unraid dns and a whole bunch, maybe ALL of the docker containers i created proxys for.  i'm not sure WHY that'd fix it....but it seems to have worked for me. 

I also posted about it here:

but wanted to suggest it in both threads i found when trying to troubleshoot the issue.  I'd love to hear if that helps for other people....

• 3 months later...

Looks like nobody's reported this issue for a while, but I've been experiencing random kernel panics that I think may be related to this issue still. I did get the spamming to stop in my syslog by killing all open unraid gui tabs.

I am using the NGINX proxy manager docker container. I'm not sure if/how that's related to any of this. 

Anyone seen a resolution for this anywhere or are we all still trying to figure it out?

Edited by knalbone
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah it's still happening on the latest version 6.11.5. I think some of us really need to push this issue and ask Unraid to drop nchan which is what is causing this error. It's been happening now for at least 3 years...

I'm quite certain this is what caused some serious instability for me in previous versions of Unraid where my log would fill up and crash my entire server like many other people were reporting. I just had no idea why or where this problem was.

As it's an issue specifically with Unraid and not with some Docker container, I really think it needs more eyes on it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 2:53 PM, plantsandbinary said:

Yeah it's still happening on the latest version 6.11.5. I think some of us really need to push this issue and ask Unraid to drop nchan which is what is causing this error. It's been happening now for at least 3 years...

I'm quite certain this is what caused some serious instability for me in previous versions of Unraid where my log would fill up and crash my entire server like many other people were reporting. I just had no idea why or where this problem was.

As it's an issue specifically with Unraid and not with some Docker container, I really think it needs more eyes on it.

I would also like to understand at a higher level, why unraid fails so badly when logs fill up.   Ideally logrotate or something should kick in rather than the server locking up.