Can't see files in WINSCP or any apps (Sonnar, Infuse etc)

simpic

Hello, 

I seem to have a problem with anything being 'seen' via any app. All the shares appear empty via WINSCP or when looking at TV episodes in Sonnar or trying to watch something via Infuse for instance.

I can however navigate to the data via Main in the frontend. If I go here for example... Index of /mnt/disk2/tv/24/Season 03, I can then see all the files and download on if I choose. If I look at that DIR in WINSCP or 24 as a series in Sonnar it does not show any files or episodes.

I recently replaced the parity drive following the correct process and have run a parity check which passes ok.

Any suggestions?

The log show that you definitely have file system corruption on disk5.   The procedure to confirm this is:

• stop the array
  • restart the array in maintenance mode
  • click on disk5 on the Main tab to get to the dialog where you can run a file system check
  • assuming you want to first run a check to confirm the corruption simply click on the option to start it.   If you want to go straight into the repair stage then remove the -n flag and start the repair.     This can take a long time (potentially hours) so do not get impatient.
  • when the repair finishes stop the array and restart in normal mode.

if you get any errors reported then you should check back before proceeding.

Depending on the level of corruption you may find that you now have a lost+found folder on the drive.    That is where the repair process puts any files for which it cannot find the directory information to know what their name was.   

Just now, simpic said:

Ok, thanks, I saw those errors but didn't know they would stop all files from being seen.

I will proceed as per above and report back.

Thank you for your help.

Not sure why they would but file system corruption often seems to mess up the User share views.

You mentioned earlier clicking on the drive on the Main tab to see the files.   You did not mention what happened if you tried to go via the Shares tab to go via a User Share.

Here are the results...

reiserfsck 3.6.27 Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md5 Will put log info to 'stdout' ########### reiserfsck --check started at Tue Oct 29 20:01:48 2019 ########### Replaying journal: Trans replayed: mountid 150, transid 74307, desc 264, len 1, commit 266, next trans offset 249 Replaying journal: | | 0.3% 1 trans Trans replayed: mountid 150, transid 74308, desc 267, len 1, commit 269, next trans offset 252 Trans replayed: mountid 150, transid 74309, desc 270, len 1, commit 272, next trans offset 255 Trans replayed: mountid 150, transid 74310, desc 273, len 1, commit 275, next trans offset 258 Replaying journal: |= / 1.3% 4 trans Trans replayed: mountid 150, transid 74311, desc 276, len 1, commit 278, next trans offset 261 Trans replayed: mountid 150, transid 74312, desc 279, len 1, commit 281, next trans offset 264 Replaying journal: Done. Reiserfs journal '/dev/md5' in blocks [18..8211]: 6 transactions replayed Checking internal tree.. finished Comparing bitmaps..Bad nodes were found, Semantic pass skipped 3 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree ########### reiserfsck finished at Tue Oct 29 20:04:16 2019 ########### Zero bit found in on-disk bitmap after the last valid bit. block 470024193: The level of the node (44) is not correct, (1) expected the problem in the internal node occured (470024193), whole subtree is skipped block 346165173: The level of the node (18076) is not correct, (2) expected the problem in the internal node occured (346165173), whole subtree is skipped block 187014129: The level of the node (15034) is not correct, (3) expected the problem in the internal node occured (187014129), whole subtree is skipped vpf-10640: The on-disk and the correct bitmaps differs.

Ok, rebuild run and completed.

I have run another check and it says no bad sectors or corruption.

Started the array and looked in the lost & found folder and it's empty. The drive is usable again but I have lost all but 758mb of data from it. it was probably at 2.2tb of data. 😞

Guess there's not much I can do.

There is another recovery option to reiserfsck that will read every sector on the drive and attempt to recover folders/files/fragments that are not referenced by any directory entry.     However these end up in the lost+found folder with cryptic names so you have to decide if it the data is important enough to try and work out what each such folder/file actually is.