Looking for chassis suggestions

Hey guys im looking for some suggestions, I'd like to get something with a good number of drive bays that is rack mountable I've currently got 3 HDD's 2 4TB WD Red drives an old 2TB and a 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD.

I am wanting something that has like a SAS/SATA backplane and has room for maybe like 8-16 3.5" drives.

Also I am currently running a 7600K and am feeling the need for some more cores at a good price and was thinking about 1950x any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, rbh00723 said:

Hey guys im looking for some suggestions, I'd like to get something with a good number of drive bays that is rack mountable I've currently got 3 HDD's 2 4TB WD Red drives an old 2TB and a 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD.

I am wanting something that has like a SAS/SATA backplane and has room for maybe like 8-16 3.5" drives.

Also I am currently running a 7600K and am feeling the need for some more cores at a good price and was thinking about 1950x any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

search ebay for "3u server chassis" and you'll get tons of options that will hold up to 16 3.5" drives.  May need to do some googling on the model numbers offered to confirm if the backplane is included, motherboard form factor compatibility, and so on.  Something like this seems like it'd be a good fit, but again do your research first:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-CSE-836BE16-R920B-3U-Server-Chassis-2x-920W-3-5-16Bay-BPN-SAS2-836EL1/283672465787?epid=1100073804&hash=item420c32517b:g:iqQAAOSwDMtdydEa

I'm running a 1950x now ad am happy with it, plenty of cores for everything I've come up with thus far.  With Threadripper gen 3 just about to drop prices on these have been going way down.

11 hours ago, jandro4321 said:

search ebay for "3u server chassis" and you'll get tons of options that will hold up to 16 3.5" drives.  May need to do some googling on the model numbers offered to confirm if the backplane is included, motherboard form factor compatibility, and so on.  Something like this seems like it'd be a good fit, but again do your research first:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-CSE-836BE16-R920B-3U-Server-Chassis-2x-920W-3-5-16Bay-BPN-SAS2-836EL1/283672465787?epid=1100073804&hash=item420c32517b:g:iqQAAOSwDMtdydEa

I'm running a 1950x now ad am happy with it, plenty of cores for everything I've come up with thus far.  With Threadripper gen 3 just about to drop prices on these have been going way down.

I recently bought one from Techyparts and this thing is built like a tank. So glad I decided to go with it over that Norco case. They sent a full package of hard drive screws for the 3.5" bays as well as the 2.5" ones. Totally worth the cost!