Mellanox ConnectX-2 MHRH2A-XSR 10GB

Waloshin

I am looking at some Mellanox ConnectX-2 MHRH2A-XSR 10GB cards one for my unraid server and one for my desktop. These are supported by unraid out of the box? Also If I have 1 in my server 1 in my desktop can I connect them together for faster transfer speeds from my desktop to my server? Then use a 1 GB ethernet to our regular network for other PCs on our network to access the unraid server? 

Also what cord will I need to connect the Mellanox ConnectX-2?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Waloshin said:

These are supported by unraid out of the box?

Unraid don't support Infiniband, they can probably be set to Ethernet model but might be best just to buy Ethernet models, those are plug and play, you can use direct attach copper cables for short lengths or use fiber for longer ones.

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

Unraid don't support Infiniband, they can probably be set to Ethernet model but might be best just to buy Ethernet models, those are plug and play, you can use direct attach copper cables for short lengths or use fiber for longer ones.

Thanks any suggestions on cards that are supported?

• 2 years later...

Hello fellow humans,

I just recently bought 2 of these cards and they work great in InfiniBand mode between two Windows servers.  I bought the tall bracket since it came with the short one.  Here is the info in case someone else needs to get the full height brackets:

Description

FRU Tall bracket for 2-port QSFP adapter with gasket. Fits MHQH29C / MHRH29C / MHRH2A / MCX354A / MCX314A

Specifications

Product TypeMounting Bracket

Brand NameMellanox / NVIDIA

ManufacturerMellanox Technologies Ltd

Product NameMounting Bracket

Manufacturer Part NumberMTM000574

Manufacturer Website Addresshttp://www.mellanox.com

CompatibilityMellanox Network Adapters:

MHQH29C

MHRH29C

MHRH2A

MCX354A

MCX314A

Device Supported Network Adapter

On 10/30/2019 at 3:34 PM, Waloshin said:

Great was not sure if being an HP oem it would not work. 

You can also reflash them with the real "Mellanox" firmware so that they appear as real Mellanox card, simply install the Mellanox Firmware Tools and go to the plugin page and read the instructions on how to do that, please be sure to select the right firmware if you want to do that.

12 hours ago, Tymarand said:

InfiniBand mode between two Windows servers

Have you tried to switch the mode yet to Ethernet and see if they work in unRAID?

I had one user that switched modes but I don't heard back if it was working.

• 11 months later...