[6.7.2] USB I/O Errors

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue where the web GUI seem corrupted with a banner across the top saying: "System notifications are disabled..." So, I took a look at my syslog and I seem to be having a disconnect issue with the USB drive I presume. The only fix i've found is rebooting the server. However, it will happen again 2-3 days later.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

everestsrvr-diagnostics-20191030-2227.zipeverestsrvr-diagnostics-20191030-2227.zip9yam2jF.png

On 10/30/2019 at 5:52 PM, Squid said:

Pick ones that aren't on the same controller (ie: not the one that's part of the same pair)

Looks like my motherboard ASUS P8Z77-M are all connected via the Z77 chipset (figure 1). Is it possible altering USB BIOS settings could help? If so, which ones? If I were to go the path of getting a USB PCIe card which would you recommend for best compatibility with UnRAID?

I've tested all 4 back USB 2.0 ports and they all seem to give crashes shown in the initial post. I've never had this issue in the past. I probably should note the only change I made before this issue occurred is that I re-flashed same BIOS via ASUS EZ-Flash tool in BIOS.

Figure1:
image.png.c84e04ff6f8cc723886e8801395bca3d.png

Thanks again,

Kevin