Need to install VPN

I'll try and help, but I am newish to Unraid.  I wanted to get PureVPN working on Unraid and found two options;

1. Virtual VPN Router (see Space Invaders vid)

2. Use Binhex Privoxy VPN (or any of Binhex VPN Dockers as they have Privoxy built in)

I tried the first one and got a little overwhelmed with it and gave up.  Installing Privoxy with PureVPN was straight forward and now have some Dockers plus my main Windows 10 going through it.

I can't explain the merits of either option but the testing I've done on point 2 does suggest all my web traffic is protected via VPN.

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2019 at 2:51 AM, simono5 said:

I'll try and help, but I am newish to Unraid.  I wanted to get PureVPN working on Unraid and found two options;

1. Virtual VPN Router (see Space Invaders vid)

2. Use Binhex Privoxy VPN (or any of Binhex VPN Dockers as they have Privoxy built in)

I tried the first one and got a little overwhelmed with it and gave up.  Installing Privoxy with PureVPN was straight forward and now have some Dockers plus my main Windows 10 going through it.

I can't explain the merits of either option but the testing I've done on point 2 does suggest all my web traffic is protected via VPN.

My friend helped me installing PureVPN with he amazing skills! @simono5 thanks for helping out! Much obliged!

• 3 weeks later...

Since unraid is a file server system. So, is it possible to create a VPN as a service? As PureVPN is offering buy 1 and get 12 accounts so I bought it again to share the VPN with my family. The issue is if VPN as a service can be made then in my family members I have nieces and nephews to whom I will give VPN accounts to safe them from cyber bullying. What my nieces and nephews are visiting along with their parents and I would like to keep logs. Since PureVPN is a no log VPN can I have a logs of each website these kids visit? Thanks in advance :)

• 5 months later...