Share max size

lachiu

Hello

I'd like to request the ability to give a maximum size you want a certain share to be. I read this post but I believe it would be possible if you allowed a script to run that basically checks the share size with du or so and then makes it read only if it's the given size or higher. 

I wanted to allow SFTP before I made an ubuntu vm for it and I noticed that with each reboot it would revert the files I changed (due to it being on RAM to limit write usage to the usb stick) so diy'ing this isn't possible as far as my knowledge goes on unraid. 

Thanks in advance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 2:06 AM, lachiu said:

I wanted to allow SFTP before I made an ubuntu vm for it and I noticed that with each reboot it would revert the files I changed (due to it being on RAM to limit write usage to the usb stick) so diy'ing this isn't possible as far as my knowledge goes on unraid. 

You can make changes 'stick' by putting a copy of the changed files on the USB stuck and then adding the commands to copy them into their runtime position to either the config/go file on the USB stick or by doing it in a script to be run by the User Scripts plugin on first array start.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:06 AM, lachiu said:

I'd like to request the ability to give a maximum size you want a certain share to be. I read this post but I believe it would be possible if you allowed a script to run that basically checks the share size with du or so and then makes it read only if it's the given size or higher. 

Not sure it is quite as easy as this, but if it is the DIY way to do this would be using the User Scripts plugin to run the appropriate command at regular intervals.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You can make changes 'stick' by putting a copy of the changed files on the USB stuck and then adding the commands to copy them into their runtime position to either the config/go file on the USB stick or by doing it in a script to be run by the User Scripts plugin on first array start.

Not sure it is quite as easy as this, but if it is the DIY way to do this would be using the User Scripts plugin to run the appropriate command at regular intervals.

I should've made an edit. 

I'm doing it on the sftp server with this script (wrote it myself) already, on an ubuntu vm.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...