Diagnosing Network Issue

Ortoch

I have 1Gb ports on every device, router, hub, NAS, PC, yet when I try to transfer the files from my old nas onto this new nas (same chassis and ports though) I get 10MB/s transfers instead of 80-90MB/s like I was with the same ports transferring the files off over the last week before I rebuilt it. Is this due to unraids speed limitations? Or maybe the way unraid works with drives? Or maybe because my parity is still building from the initial pool on-lining?

Here are my devices and basic config if it helps but keep in mind none of this hardware changed from this morning when the last bit of my data downloaded at 85MB/s:
PC (ASRock X299 EXTREME4 LGA 2066 Intel X299 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard)
to
Router (RT-AC68U)
to
NAS (Intel Gigabit VT Quad Port Server Adapter)

My old setup had a R710 in between the router and the NAS that had a iscsi ethernet link to the NAS set up in vmware. Even with that extra hop to the data I was still getting faster speeds so I am wondering if this is just something to do with unraid? Any help would be great thanks!

So after messing up the settings for my network royally I gave up and deleted the network.cfg file from the USB and rebooted the server for default settings. This allowed me to connect via my PC again and get into the GUI where I used a much lighter hand to edit the configuration settings and found this config to be the best for optimum throughput:

image.png.4ad01c4c8a76b4daf6dcdc65203088e4.png

getting a consistent 990~Mbps now 

Hope this helps some other newbie down the road :)

Edited by Ortoch
add line